Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs up Playing Arcane in MOP? Try Arcanometer!

I'm looking for arcane mages to try my new Arcane addon. I originally made it to get a better view of my mana bar and how much mana my spells were using. On top of that it also shows your Arcane Charge stacks and time remaining of your target's bomb dot. It might need some tweaks once I get to 90 but it's been really useful at level 85 so far.

If you try it out and have any comments or suggestions, please let me know!

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/arcanometer

10+ Year Old Account
    I will test this tonight when I get home and add a section on it in my Arcane guide that's close to being completed.

Deleted
    after the nerfs to arcane puting it on the low dps spec of mop mages aswell of the mobility problems, i think ppl will not play arcane so much...
    but great addon m8, tkx and good work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by invictusordead View Post
    after the nerfs to arcane puting it on the low dps spec of mop mages aswell of the mobility problems, i think ppl will not play arcane so much...
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/505/Raid_T14H.html

Fire's only 1.8% better than Arcane, and Frost is only 0.8%. Pretty sure that they're effectively equal depending on how the player plays them (i.e. I'm terrible at Frost, say, so I do more DPS as Arcane).

If anyone doesn't find it working but still wants the addon, Nug's Combo Bar does the Arcane charges and NeedToKnow can do the bomb time.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/505/Raid_T14H.html

Fire's only 1.8% better than Arcane, and Frost is only 0.8%. Pretty sure that they're effectively equal depending on how the player plays them (i.e. I'm terrible at Frost, say, so I do more DPS as Arcane).
    A simulated patchwork fight will be much different numbers wise than any fight in MV, HoF, or ToES. Movement is a huge factor and arcane is the most lacking of the three specs when it comes to that department. Also, it begins the lowest of the three.

As someone who has tested most all of the heroic fights on the beta, I can assure you that I will not be playing arcane unless they add something else to do on the move (Maybe arcane missles while moving? That was a good idea).
    Last edited by Stache; 2012-09-23 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    As someone who has tested most all of the heroic fights on the beta, I can assure you that I will not be playing arcane unless they add something else to do on the move (Maybe arcane missles while moving? That was a good idea).
    Out of curiosity, how do you feel about Arcane with Invocation (if you've tested it)? Is it pretty much AB/Missiles spam and Evocate at 30%?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sattori View Post
    Out of curiosity, how do you feel about Arcane with Invocation (if you've tested it)? Is it pretty much AB/Missiles spam and Evocate at 30%?
    dont forget the bomb and also barrage for cleaning the buff

dont forget the bomb and also barrage for cleaning the buff
    Well, I'm asking the question to clarify exactly that. By the sims I've seen, it's basically the same DPS to conserve/burn with Invocation as it is to Bomb/AB/AM spam and Evocate at 30%.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do I move this addon and change it's size?

I love how simple it is and how it has the 3 main functions for Arcane, but I really need to move it down my screen and then make it slightly bigger. Until then I can't use it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    How do I move this addon and change it's size?

I love how simple it is and how it has the 3 main functions for Arcane, but I really need to move it down my screen and then make it slightly bigger. Until then I can't use it.
    I need to update the info about that! It's ctrl-click to move. Sorry about that .

It can't be resized though. I could add that in though, if it's something that stops you from using it.

---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 09:54 AM ----------

Yeah at 85 Arcane isn't performing very well. I made the addon in hope that at 90 the specs will be closer together in terms of DPS. And of course I've played Fire for so long now I'm desperate to try something new. Really enjoyed Arcane's mana play at 85, but we'll see what it's like at 90 .
    Last edited by mmocfdfb6601c6; 2012-09-24 at 11:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would appreciate being able to resize it. It's not something that would stop me from using it, but it would be greatly beneficial if I could see it properly while keeping most of the center of my screen as free as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Sattori View Post
    That talent is not for arcane because of the mastery, just no, its rune or Incanter.

Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    That talent is not for arcane because of the mastery, just no, its rune or Incanter.
    What does Arcane's mastery have to do with anything? The majority of arcane's mana regen comes from evocation, invocation greatly enhances it.

Rune means you have to sit there idly while your painfully slow mana regen goes to work, even with the additional 100% it's slow, 15% more damage is pitiful in comparison to the other two talents. It also forces you to stand in the same spot to gain it's affects, which is god damn terrible on any movement based fight.
    Incanter's ward could potentially work, but for it to have a full affect you would have to purposely stand in the fire because it's damage & mana boost comes from how much damage the ward absorbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    Now you're just being silly. According to sims (using Arcane) Invocation provides approximately the same DPS as RoP, though RoP has no burst options. Incanter's Ward is far worse. You have +0% spell damage while it's on CD (and it should be on CD) and up to +30% spellpower for 15s increments. That means you're supposed to burn through mana while you have the +sp and mana regen buff, but your mana regen buff is gone at the same time your +sp buff is gone, which puts you at low mana starting your short "conserve phase".

Hey, amazing addon here. It is making my live easier at the moment!

Deleted
    Glad you like it! I've received some suggestions in the last few days, since the big Fire Exodus of 2011. Will hopefully have some time to implement them this weekend.

Deleted
    I really like your addon but here are two things I'd like to change/add:

- I'd like to see how long my arcane charge is lasting
    - The zoomed in mana bar is great but maybe the addon could change it to a normal one( 0 - 100%) while being below 80% mana optional. A colour change would be nice too. It could turn red while under 80% you get the point^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd actually argue that the zoomed in mana bar is perfect, but just extend it to 80% instead of where it is now (85 or 90, not sure).

Deleted
    it is at 80% and you can configure it :

/amtr <lower mana limit> - Sets the lower threshold of the mana bar either as a percentage or as a fixed value. Defaults to 80%. (taken from curse)

10+ Year Old Account
    Looked at it, am enjoying it so far. Good addon!
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream