Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Except the big splashy announcement had nothing about needing to be actively subscribed when F2P launched, neither did anything they've said until that one *little* comment that somehow slipped under the radar. I'd say that's a huge breakdown in communication...though admittedly this one seems intentional.
    Sub for one month just before it goes F2P if you really care about it, not like they will deploy F2P without telling anyone, they have to test on the PTS first and they told use about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    Sub for one month just before it goes F2P if you really care about it, not like they will deploy F2P without telling anyone, they have to test on the PTS first and they told use about it.
    That's still super shitty, given that they've made no indication that you would need to be actively subscribed during the transition in order to receive the rewards.

That's called lying. It's bad. It makes more people lose respect for you, and that's something BioWare (especially the Austin team) really need to build up again in light of recent events.

You don't advertise a rewards program for everyone who had purchased/subscribed for the game, and then not be VERY upfront about the fact that they won't get them unless they're subscribed during the transition. It's only because some people in this thread read the fine print and paid attention to fansite interviews (not the best way of delivering important information like that) that we know of this now.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    That's still super shitty, given that they've made no indication that you would need to be actively subscribed during the transition in order to receive the rewards.

That's called lying. It's bad. It makes more people lose respect for you, and that's something BioWare (especially the Austin team) really need to build up again in light of recent events.

You don't advertise a rewards program for everyone who had purchased/subscribed for the game, and then not be VERY upfront about the fact that they won't get them unless they're subscribed during the transition. It's only because some people in this thread read the fine print and paid attention to fansite interviews (not the best way of delivering important information like that) that we know of this now.

actually they are not lying at all if you read the footnotes at the bottom of http://www.swtor.com/free you will see the following

1 OFFER VALID FOR ACTIVE OR FORMER PAYING SUBSCRIBERS OF Star Wars™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ (“SWTOR”) AS OF JULY 31, 2012 AT 11:59PM CDT / JULY 31, 2012 AT 4:59AM GMT.

2 OFFER VALID FOR PURCHASERS OF Star Wars™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ (“SWTOR”) COLLECTORS EDITION WITH ACTIVE PAYING SUBSCRIPTION ON DATE OF FREE- TO- PLAY SERVICE LAUNCH

3 VALID ONLY FOR ACTIVE SUBSCRIBERS OF Star Wars™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ (“SWTOR”) FROM AUGUST 1, 2012 THROUGH DATE OF FREE- TO- PLAY SERVICE LAUNCH.

4 OFFER VALID FOR ACTIVE PAYING SUBSCRIBERS OF Star Wars™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ (“SWTOR”) FROM AUGUST 1, 2012 THROUGH DATE OF FREE-TO-PLAY SERVICE LAUNCH.

5 VALID FOR ALL PAYING SUBSCRIBERS OF Star Wars™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ (“SWTOR”) ON DATE OF FREE-TO-PLAY LAUNCH

6 OFFER VALID FOR PURCHASERS OF Star Wars™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ (“SWTOR”) DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION WITH ACTIVE PAYING SUBSCRIPTION ON DATE OF FREE-TO-PLAY SERVICE LAUNCH

as you can see the prominent word use is "ACTIVE" and "PAYING" customers. does this suck for the F2Pers well yes it does...... but hey as i am fond of saying to my friends and fam, you gotta PAY to PLAY

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    actually they are not lying at all if you read the footnotes at the bottom of http://www.swtor.com/free you will see the following

1 OFFER VALID FOR ACTIVE OR FORMER PAYING SUBSCRIBERS OF Star Wars™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ (“SWTOR”) AS OF JULY 31, 2012 AT 11:59PM CDT / JULY 31, 2012 AT 4:59AM GMT.

2 OFFER VALID FOR PURCHASERS OF Star Wars™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ (“SWTOR”) COLLECTORS EDITION WITH ACTIVE PAYING SUBSCRIPTION ON DATE OF FREE- TO- PLAY SERVICE LAUNCH

3 VALID ONLY FOR ACTIVE SUBSCRIBERS OF Star Wars™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ (“SWTOR”) FROM AUGUST 1, 2012 THROUGH DATE OF FREE- TO- PLAY SERVICE LAUNCH.

4 OFFER VALID FOR ACTIVE PAYING SUBSCRIBERS OF Star Wars™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ (“SWTOR”) FROM AUGUST 1, 2012 THROUGH DATE OF FREE-TO-PLAY SERVICE LAUNCH.

5 VALID FOR ALL PAYING SUBSCRIBERS OF Star Wars™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ (“SWTOR”) ON DATE OF FREE-TO-PLAY LAUNCH

6 OFFER VALID FOR PURCHASERS OF Star Wars™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ (“SWTOR”) DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION WITH ACTIVE PAYING SUBSCRIPTION ON DATE OF FREE-TO-PLAY SERVICE LAUNCH

as you can see the prominent word use is "ACTIVE" and "PAYING" customers. does this suck for the F2Pers well yes it does...... but hey as i am fond of saying to my friends and fam, you gotta PAY to PLAY
    I'm really glad they are happy to make it very clear to people and not just leave it in the fine text. We all know how many people actually read that stuff...

Sorry, but it's still a super shady, super shitty move. I can't really see how they can justify advertising these bonuses, but leaving the specifics only in the fine print (which again, most people don't read).

Regardless, it's a pretty player unfriendly move. Really can't get behind any company that would pull something like this.

no disrespect to you all but this is called a REWARDS program for a reason.
    Without actually telling us what the reward is worth...

for those that payed and played up to the F2P kick off are getting rewarded for their loyalty for paying all this time. those that did not well...... you still get get to play but well........
    What about us that payed full price for the game and 6 months of subscription but after that just couldn't justify paying for development of features that should have been in game already, was our money and support worth less?

you ppl FINALLY get your wish and now bitch piss and moan about the restrictions on how the system and its rewards will work.
    Never asked for it and quite frankly hate the idea.

How do you know that was there to begin with and has not been altered? I mean the text PREVIOUS PLAYERS - COME BACK BY LAUNCH... was added recently.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2012-09-24 at 12:40 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    How do you know that was there to begin with and has not been altered? I mean the text PREVIOUS PLAYERS - COME BACK BY LAUNCH... was added recently.
    I'm pretty sure that both texts were modified since the original announcement. The only reason I say this is because I did notice the disclaimers for each unit and read them before deciding to resubscribe to start earning pts for future F2P. I would have not advocated this method of F2P or resubbed if I had read what is there now.

I'm pretty sure that both texts were modified since the original announcement. The only reason I say this is because I did notice the disclaimers for each unit and read them before deciding to resubscribe to start earning pts for future F2P. I would have not advocated this method of F2P or resubbed if I had read what is there now.
    Found this that one has stars instead of numbers so some of it has been altered at least, might just be the numbers but somehow doubt it. It also proves the addition you mentioned to begin with as the screen lack that section at the bottom.

Edit: Actually it's tons of changes between that screen and the current version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found this that one has stars instead of numbers so some of it has been altered at least, might just be the numbers but somehow doubt it. It also proves the addition you mentioned to begin with as the screen lack that section at the bottom.

Edit: Actually it's tons of changes between that screen and the current version.
    Wow. Well, there is the proof. Is anyone other than like the 10 of us on here even realizing wtf is going on? Maybe someone should make a post on the official forums to try and scare EA out of this bullshit. Not like that would matter, but at least more people should realize what is going on.

Without actually telling us what the reward is worth...
    the reward is worth the amount of coins you get for each qualifier on their page not too hard to figure that out. would numbers of pricing be nice HELL YEA but i dont need it NAOW to decide how i will spend said coins
    What about us that payed full price for the game and 6 months of subscription but after that just couldn't justify paying for development of features that should have been in game already, was our money and support worth less?

as you can see rewards are for those that have STOPPED as well as for those that are still paying

Never asked for it and quite frankly hate the idea.
    well thats a generalization never said you but there are many that did want it

thing is i dont know BUT it is there for ppl to read if they so choose. and even i agree with you the wording does make the wrong impression. but we all know what happens to ppl who assume right...... lets just try not to read to fast into what they say and SEE what they do. these ppl aready realize they destroyed their chance at a great game with vast potential so what if they continue to bury it into the ground

and Edge yea most of us dont read the fine print, but thats where busineses make their profit form the knuckle shmucks that DO NOT read.
    Last edited by WoWGoneBad; 2012-09-24 at 01:51 AM.

the reward is worth the amount of coins you get for each qualifier on their page not too hard to figure that out. would numbers of pricing be nice HELL YEA but i dont need it NAOW to decide how i will spend said coins
    The coins have no value, some people that don't plan on subscribing would have use of such numbers, not to mention that it can be seen as an advertisement campaign where the product has no relative value (as in it can be worth nothing if they so chose), makes me wonder how legal it is even.

as you can see rewards are for those that have STOPPED as well as for those that are still paying
    Yet the bottom of that list says otherwise, even me as non native English speaking realize that the wording contradicts what you quoted.

well thats a generalization never said you but there are many that did want it
    Fair enough, you used a lot of everyone and all terms in your texts hence the assumption.

thing is i dont know BUT it is there for ppl to read if they so choose.
    Sure but there can't be an expectation that we should go check if it changed every other day without being notified about it. This is worse if it's actually means what we think as there will be people who subscribed for one month after August 1st and then canceled again to get in on the campaign and sit back and wait for free to play, they would end up with fuck all, something tells me they would be pretty pissed.

Alyssa and WoWGoneBad, you guys are having confusion because you are looking at points 1 and 2 as the same. 1 applies to the 150 cartel coins per month, 2 applies to the Collectors Editions. So yes, you do need to be subbed by the time it transitions to get the CE things.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Alyssa and WoWGoneBad, you guys are having confusion because you are looking at points 1 and 2 as the same. 1 applies to the 150 cartel coins per month, 2 applies to the Collectors Editions. So yes, you do need to be subbed by the time it transitions to get the CE things.
    Actually I'm looking at the text at the bottom of the list before the fine print.

Actually I'm looking at the text at the bottom of the list before the fine print.
    If one statement is vague and one statement is clear, then you should refer to the clear statement and not argue about semantics of the vague.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

If one statement is vague and one statement is clear, then you should refer to the clear statement and not argue about semantics of the vague.
    Well the point was that they contradict each other, the fine print (1) can apply at the same time as the vague condition at the bottom of the list as it doesn't mention anything about your status at free to play launch.

Either way it's really unclear and has been altered, as such doesn't look good no matter how you look at it.

Well the point was that they contradict each other, the fine print (1) can apply at the same time as the vague condition at the bottom of the list as it doesn't mention anything about your status at free to play launch.

Either way it's really unclear and has been altered, as such doesn't look good no matter how you look at it.
    To me, I don't think they would even bother to write up the 2nd point if they were just going to apply it to all of the possible rewards, right? Why say "#2 applies to the CE rewards" and then apply the #2 rule to all of the rewards? That wouldn't make sense, it's redundant. That other line "Previous players come back by F2P to claim your rewards" is just bad wording.

To me, I don't think they would even bother to write up the 2nd point if they were just going to apply it to all of the possible rewards, right? Why say "#2 applies to the CE rewards" and then apply the #2 rule to all of the rewards? That wouldn't make sense, it's redundant. That other line "Previous players come back by F2P to claim your rewards" is just bad wording.
    You might be right but on the other hand it wouldn't be the first time they are unclear giving the impression that they don't have a clue them selfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole thing that clued us into this was the people who work for the company directly saying you would have to be subscribed in reference to receiving ALL of the retroactive rewards. I'd say it's pretty clear.

The whole thing that clued us into this was the people who work for the company directly saying you would have to be subscribed in reference to receiving ALL of the retroactive rewards. I'd say it's pretty clear.
    Where did they say that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did they say that?
    Question 2, the Livestream on the first page of this thread. Else, you can watch a video of the session.

"We got a system which allows you to gain some free Cartel Coins to spend in the Cartel Market when we launch as long you are an active subscriber when we launch this program"

The possibility exists that they meant to specifically refer to the CE, but then again the changes we have referenced to the free site leave everything up in the air in a negative capacity. And if this is the case, I won't be as upset from a personal standpoint, but it would still be a disservice to people who spent a lot of money on this game before now.

If you are required to be subscribed to the game to get the coins, will deter a lot of people who might have wanted to join but for whatever reason cant subscribe at the moment or a few months before the FTP starts.

For whatever reason the PR department is the worst Ive seen of any companies. When the PR could screw up, alienate, and piss off people they have done it with fervor, and this has been from the pre-release or thats when I started noticing.
    Last edited by Capt Froggy; 2012-09-24 at 04:58 AM.