Finally, RAF mount (Obsidian Nightwing) Account wide or not.

I Saw a post from a blue, saying that RAF mount Obsidian Nightwing wasnt supposed to be Account Wide, i've seen a lot of ppl on live with the mount and i have asked some of them if its account wide, and they say yes, can some body give me some more info on this? TY.

Yes, it seems account wide could use it on my other characters too (quite happy with that actually, but I fear the fun will be short-lived)

Yes, it is.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just logged on to a random alt and could use each RAF mount despite the fact that I redeemed them all for my DK.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

^ Yeah, cause they're all account-wide now.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Deleted
    I can use it on alts, but when you redeem it it specifically tells you it's only for that one character and not account-wide. I have the feeling this is a bug.

Where is that blue post? I'm curious now.

Nope, all mounts are account-wide now, besides class and oldschool pvp mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    ^This. Heck, even the gold-sink mounts were made account-wide. It's just that the class mounts remain specific to their respective classes; and, PVP mounts (RBG / Arena) remain per character due to issues with 'win trading', seasonal compositions, etc etc

#FlightIsImportant

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    And mounts that have both a Horde and Alliance version of the same mount, like the traveling tundra mammoth. Those must be obtained on each faction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I can use it on alts, but when you redeem it it specifically tells you it's only for that one character and not account-wide. I have the feeling this is a bug.

The mount item itself isn't account-wide, which is why you have to pick which character you want it on. (considering the mount was introduced before 5.0.4 was released)

However, the mount spell itself (not the item) wasn't on the non-account-wide list, so I'm pretty sure it's intentional for it to be account wide.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6079782196#3

Quote Originally Posted by Vrakthris
    No, the rewards from the Recruit a Friend promotion are specific to the character that receives it. We have received word that the current plan is that these mounts will remain specific to a character and not be made account wide.
    (emph mine)

For the record, this statement came AFTER the original list of accounts that would be made account wide, as an amendment.

Although we never saw an official blue post stating they changed their mind on the issue, the mounts are account wide (as are SoR ones) and recent responses from GMs have indicated that them being account wide is intentional. TL;DR - they are account wide and will probably stay that way.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |