Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Damn there are a ton more trolls and assholes on JC now that we absorbed CO...General chat on both the fleet and in Denova was awful last night.
    He's right though, republic and imp fleet general were pretty brutal on The Harbinger last night. Just think, it's only going to get worse once FTP gets initiated.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    E: To clarify, some of my characters on The Progenitor have very common names (which are in use on almost every server in WoW), surprising they didn't have to be renamed..
    Progenitor as the only RP server was not involved in the latest round of mergers, only the two pve servers were. English and german both went from 2 pve, 1 rp , 1 pvp to 1 pve, 1 rp , 1 pvp.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugfest View Post
    He's right though, republic and imp fleet general were pretty brutal on The Harbinger last night. Just think, it's only going to get worse once FTP gets initiated.
    Wasn't any worse than /2 on WoW. Personally I found the people who were updating everyone on the fleet population every other minute to be far more annoying than the common trolls.

All my names were safe \o/ Some of my guildies had to change some of their names which was sad. Another bright spot which I saw right before heading home from work yesterday was this:

Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Originally Posted by KyaniteD:
    Are the people on my friends/ignore list the people I friended/ignored or just the people who were lucky/unlucky enough to keep the name?

The former. The people are the same, even if they needed to rename their characters. Please refer to this answer in our FAQ!

(Source)

Fantastic that you shouldn't have lost any of your friends and won't have the potential to get stuck in a group with someone you previously had on ignore.

Deleted
    At least for weekend play one merger too many. Can't do Black Hole with a fresh 50 with almost 60 people in a small area, can't do collect or kill quests with a lowlevel, every questmob that spawns dies within seconds. Not sure what the criteria are for spawning additional instances, but this makes me log and play Starcraft II instead; doubt if that's working as intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    At least for weekend play one merger too many. Can't do Black Hole with a fresh 50 with almost 60 people in a small area, can't do collect or kill quests with a lowlevel, every questmob that spawns dies within seconds. Not sure what the criteria are for spawning additional instances, but this makes me log and play Starcraft II instead; doubt if that's working as intended.
    Just get a group going.

Also, the majority of the servers merged were the old servers that still had some characters left on them. I know my server had 50+ in the black hole before this second roundup of mergers.

Did they already introduce several instances for black hole as soon as you reach a certain number? I think 30-40 should be max.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Yea it's pretty rough. Thankfully in 1.4 they are increasing the spawn rate for mobs and interactable objects which should help.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    Did they already introduce several instances for black hole as soon as you reach a certain number? I think 30-40 should be max.
    That's pretty much how it does work and has always worked. I think the number it takes is closer to 50 though.

Considering there's now only one PvE server for the EU i'm pretty disappointed with the state of things. /1 is a state, disagreeing with a person or stating any opinion is quickly given the troll label although saying that it's hard to make out what anyone is saying with the amount of guild spam that's happening constantly. I would have expected it to die down by now but nope, still a fairly constant spam of recruitment messages.

Imperial side there are currently zero active RWZ teams, there are 2/3 so called pvp guilds but in reality they're just a bunch of players who prefer pvp and have no real structure or desire to start RWZ. This is compounded by the fact that the republic side has 1/2 decent pvp guilds who actually organise RWZ teams and steamroll everyone. Fully appreciate that pvp will never be the main focus on a pve server but I'd expect more numbers than this considering it's all the servers combined.

Oh, and so far I've seen 5 concealment operatives including myself On the plus side that makes me at least a top 5 ranked player. Here's hoping for open server transfers soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    That's pretty much how it does work and has always worked. I think the number it takes is closer to 50 though.
    Last time I've been in the Black Hole, there were like 80 people and only one instance. (2-3 weeks ago)

Quote Originally Posted by Snave View Post
    Considering there's now only one PvE server for the EU i'm pretty disappointed with the state of things. /1 is a state, disagreeing with a person or stating any opinion is quickly given the troll label although saying that it's hard to make out what anyone is saying with the amount of guild spam that's happening constantly. I would have expected it to die down by now but nope, still a fairly constant spam of recruitment messages.

Imperial side there are currently zero active RWZ teams, there are 2/3 so called pvp guilds but in reality they're just a bunch of players who prefer pvp and have no real structure or desire to start RWZ. This is compounded by the fact that the republic side has 1/2 decent pvp guilds who actually organise RWZ teams and steamroll everyone. Fully appreciate that pvp will never be the main focus on a pve server but I'd expect more numbers than this considering it's all the servers combined.

Oh, and so far I've seen 5 concealment operatives including myself On the plus side that makes me at least a top 5 ranked player. Here's hoping for open server transfers soon!
    There are 3 EU server, one for each language. Which one are you playing on?

As for the PvP... tons of people left for "the PvP MMO" called GW2 though that pvp didn't really impress me. This might be the reason why less hardcore PvP player are playing, however if you feel that there is nothing for you to be gained, start building your own group.

I've seen tons of concealment operatives in low bg's which have been played really good.
    Last edited by Psychlon; 2012-09-24 at 01:07 PM.

Last time I've been in the Black Hole, there were like 80 people and only one instance. (2-3 weeks ago)

There are 3 EU server, one for each language. Which one are you playing on?

As for the PvP... tons of people left for "the PvP MMO" called GW2 though that pvp didn't really impress me. This might be the reason why less hardcore PvP player are playing, however if you feel that there is nothing for you to be gained, start building your own group.

I've seen tons of concealment operatives in low bg's which have been played really good.
    Im on the english server Red Eclipse.

Concealment operative is great fun 10-49, unfortunately it's not so great at 50 hence the lack of them knocking about. I know of a few people who have alts that they occasionally play but the majority are heal specced, I'm aware of 5 active concealment operatives at level 50 which considering I played against teams that had more than 5 marauders in them on the weekend goes a long way to show how under represented the class is.

That's odd... I have seen 4 instances of it before, usually there are always two on my server (also last time I was there was a few weeks ago). I've never seen it say anywhere near 80 people in it. I wonder what is going on with that =/

Im on the english server Red Eclipse.

Concealment operative is great fun 10-49, unfortunately it's not so great at 50 hence the lack of them knocking about. I know of a few people who have alts that they occasionally play but the majority are heal specced, I'm aware of 5 active concealment operatives at level 50 which considering I played against teams that had more than 5 marauders in them on the weekend goes a long way to show how under represented the class is.
    I would consider 5 concealment operatives at least as annoying as 5 marauder, I wouldn't know why so few people are playing them. All I know is that the majority doesn't get anywhere near the full potential of the class they are playing, which is probably why most are going for the obvious "best choice". So for anyone which really likes to go under the skin of their opponents... play an operative and not a silly marauder.

I would consider 5 concealment operatives at least as annoying as 5 marauder, I wouldn't know why so few people are playing them. All I know is that the majority doesn't get anywhere near the full potential of the class they are playing, which is probably why most are going for the obvious "best choice". So for anyone which really likes to go under the skin of their opponents... play an operative and not a silly marauder.
    It's possible to make a concealment operative viable through gear and skill, problem is if you bestow the same skill level and gear onto pretty much any other class you'll get a better result. If you gave me a F1 car and Lewis Hamilton a Ford Focus he'd probably still beat me in a race, that doesn't suddenly make Focus's a viable F1 racing car

My comment about the mara's was merely pointing out the gross discrepancy in class distribution. It's not really hard evidence but I would consider this gap representative of the communities feeling on the class - that's it's an underperformer.

Don't want to derail the thread so I'll leave it at that

Deleted
    It's possible to make a concealment operative viable through gear and skill, problem is if you bestow the same skill level and gear onto pretty much any other class you'll get a better result. If you gave me a F1 car and Lewis Hamilton a Ford Focus he'd probably still beat me in a race, that doesn't suddenly make Focus's a viable F1 racing car

My comment about the mara's was merely pointing out the gross discrepancy in class distribution. It's not really hard evidence but I would consider this gap representative of the communities feeling on the class - that's it's an underperformer.

Don't want to derail the thread so I'll leave it at that
    I could not agree more .

10+ Year Old Account
    Its good that they are finally "really" consolidating. Something they should have done about six months ago. Hopefully they'll find a nice middle ground.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Its good that they are finally "really" consolidating. Something they should have done about six months ago. Hopefully they'll find a nice middle ground.
    Can't agree with this more.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Yea.... there were 21 instances in the new Op last night on JC. It was pretty ridiculous lol. No lag issues though like there were in Denova, and my FPS was the best it's ever been in game previously so that is hopeful.