Deleted

Im dissapointed in pre raid gear.

Just was looking trough all the gear we can get trough hc's and im very dissapointed because nearly every piece has crit on it and considering it has become our worst stat, ty blizz for such wonderful itemization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchure View Post
    Just was looking trough all the gear we can get trough hc's and im very dissapointed because nearly every piece has crit on it and considering it has become our worst stat, ty blizz for such wonderful itemization.
    Itemization is supposed to improve over time. That way you're not only excited because it's a slightly higher item level, but because it's also better optimized. What you're seeing is deliberate. Same applies to set bonuses; the new ones are almost always more interesting/fun/strong than the old ones, to encourage breaking old sets for new ones.

You expect 5 man gear to be itemized well? Where have you been the last 3 expansions? It's 5 man beginner gear that is easier to get this time around compared to Cata. Not to mention they will have LFR from the start of an expansion for people who want to progress after getting their 5 man gear. Oh and then there's reforging. Oh and well you'll only have that gear a couple months max if you're lucky right?

The things people complain about just for the sake of complaining.

It actually seems better itemized than what Cata started out like. Keep in mind Crit is not as terrible as it used to be either. Especially if you choose the Primal Elementalist talent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpledrink503 View Post
    You expect 5 man gear to be itemized well? Where have you been the last 3 expansions? It's 5 man beginner gear that is easier to get this time around compared to Cata. Not to mention they will have LFR from the start of an expansion for people who want to progress after getting their 5 man gear. Oh and then there's reforging. Oh and well you'll only have that gear a couple months max if you're lucky right?

how does reforging help with stat problems ?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why you can reforge your gear.

Besides... I like myself a fair bit of crit, seeing as I'm resto and can use a bit of it for better regen at the start.

http://chardev.org/profile/1611.html even with Metanoia Shield stats look good enough for start.

it has become our worst stat
    That's not necessarily true for resto

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpledrink503 View Post

LFR doesn't come out until October 9th. That is hardly the start of an expansion. That's 2 full weeks into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartlin View Post
    LFR doesn't come out until October 9th. That is hardly the start of an expansion. That's 2 full weeks into it.
    I'm pretty sure most people would consider 2 weeks in still part of the start of an expansion. Most people will take a couple weeks to get leveled and geared anyways, at least the ones that will probably be using LFR the most.

I thought crit was supposed to be, if nothing else, decent for ele now. So it's not like it's that terrible to have some.

Problem with having terrible itemisation and expecting it to improve over time, is that you don't just have a DPS boost because your ilvl has gone up, you also get a DPS boost because your itemisation has completely changed. this will lead to greater expectations later on, and then disappointment as people see the larger DPS boost to start with that tapers off to just a DPS increase mainly through ilvl as newer raids are released.

Also surely ele DPS will be lower than any other DPS class with better allocations of stats? If all classes were equal to start with it probably wouldn't be a big deal, but we know that is never the case, and if ele happens to be at the bottom of the pack then any artificial DPS drops will play havok on ele players getting into groups that are min maxing.
    Last edited by Dundebuns; 2012-09-26 at 11:57 AM.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    im very dissapointed because nearly every piece has crit on it and considering it has become our worst stat
    Actually, it looks as though Crit will be one of the top stats for Enhancement DPS now. After all, who doesn't like those monsterous bursts of damaging deliciousness?

Quote Originally Posted by irishdiablo View Post
    Actually, it looks as though Crit will be one of the top stats for Enhancement DPS now. After all, who doesn't like those monsterous bursts of damaging deliciousness?
    Yeah its after hit/expertise, haste, and mastery, then its good for us.

Quote Originally Posted by domwindle View Post
    That's not necessarily true for resto
    This. Blizz didn't design mail caster gear with only elemental in mind. Crit and Spirit are huge for entry-level resto shaman.

Also, try to see how your dps shapes up in a real heroic dungeon, or raid situation, and reassess whether you think the gear is all that bad. So far, I'm very pleasantly surprised (as enhance) at how my dps is shaping up.

---------- Post added 2012-09-27 at 04:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by irishdiablo View Post
    I wouldn't say top. Like Buddahpal said, it's the lowest. BUT, it's more beneficial to enhancement, now, since all crits are now 200% baseline. We only used to get 150% damage from crits, before.