Poll: Does this excite you?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If this really is true, with the implication of a burning legion invasion, i speculate an Outland revamp in the works and who knows - maybe Ogres next xpac? It ((In the Best Buy Q&A.

Were Ogres ever thought of as a playable race, at one time? (Greg marry me /kiss) Irth

Ghostcrawler: Yep. We considered them for Cataclysm instead of goblins. Figuring out the females and the two-headed mages would be (fun!) challenges. Maybe someday.))

Also, the Mogu remind me of ogres (just with hooves) so it is possible they might be working on ogres. It also makes sense to have new races for the next xpac.

From a story perspective, we might even be saving both Turalyon and Alleria after they 'disappeared' following that old 'lost battle' in outland.

Also: Return of Kil'Jaeden in his true form. (lol)

There was also some mention of warlock content coming in the future. Wonder if it has anything to do with Xoroth.

Once again, this is just my speculation. I could be wrong.
    Last edited by ttak82; 2012-09-25 at 11:32 AM. Reason: typos

Turalyon the new instructor for demon hunters!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Unless of course he decides to go neutral because he saw how much of a threat the Burning Legion was.
    Lets hope the Blizz has learned their lesson with Thrall. Making major faction lore characters neutral = bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny I saw this. As I was relogging earlier today, one of the tips on the load screen pages said: "Nobody has seen Turalyon and Allieria Windrunner for years"
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    If this really is true, with the implication of a burning legion invasion, i speculate an Outland revamp in the works and who knows - maybe Ogres next xpac? It ((In the Best Buy Q&A.

Were Ogres ever thought of as a playable race, at one time? (Greg marry me /kiss) Irth

Ghostcrawler: Yep. We considered them for Cataclysm instead of goblins. Figuring out the females and the two-headed mages would be (fun!) challenges. Maybe someday.))

Also, the Mogu remind me of ogres (just with hooves) so it is possible they might be working on ogres. It also makes sense to have new races for the next xpac.

From a story perspective, we might even be saving both Turalyon and Alleria after they 'disappeared' following that old 'lost battle' in outland.

Also: Return of Kil'Jaeden in his true form. (lol)

There was also some mention of warlock content coming in the future. Wonder if it has anything to do with Xoroth.

Once again, this is just my speculation. I could be wrong.

It makes sense. I've had similar thoughts and it really does seem plausible that we'll go back out there soon.

Yay my favorite lore paladin returns!!!!
    Nerdgasm
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Who on earth are those two lol...

Quote Originally Posted by flavie View Post
    Slightly better archer and paladin units from Warcraft 2

Quote Originally Posted by High General Turalyon View Post
    Blizzplanet has just updated a small news post about the MoP launch event, where Chris Metzen took questions from fans about the game.

He confirmed that Turalyon and Alleria Windrunner will return in the next expansion of World of Warcraft.

The implications to this are huge. It probably means we will deal with the Burning Legion one way or another in the next expansion, which supports the theory sparked by the Orgrimmar raid. It also means lots and lots of Sin'dorei / Quel'dorei lore due to the return of one of the Windrunner sisters, so blood elves and forsaken - rejoice!

Most of all, it means that the Alliance will get back the hero from the Second War who at this point is probably the greatest living hero of the Alliance and the best card they have in their deck.

I cannot be sure yet because I missed the stream, but I think it may have been my twitter question he responded to, so I'm feeling mighty happy right now. If you saw it and can confirm or deny that he responded to a twitter question, please do share.

Anyway. FOR LOTHAR!!!

Source
    It could be interesting, but if this is real, it means they're going to recycle TBC assets and overall Outland; ie. more recycling, less original stuff.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flavie View Post
    There's statues of them at Stormwind's entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Well I imagine we'll be told that because Turalyon's such a bad ass paladin that he kept away all the fel magic .
    He kept it away with his erm... magic wand? >_<

Deleted
    guys guys...lets enjoy pandas now shall we?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Turalyon + Alleria + new High Elf lore? Yes please!

---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 10:21 AM ----------

There are still Quel'dorei. Not to mention how there were quite a few High Elves who went to Outland which Alleria will inevitably get back. High Elves need some lore and this is a great way to do it.

I can't really see Alleria agreeing with the Blood Elves, I think she'd rather take up some form of leadership of the remaining High Elves. I can't see her agreeing with their methods and I definitely cannot see her siding with the Orcs.

For her to side with the Horde she'd not only have to abandon her husband and son, along with the rest of her people she travelled to Outland with, but shed be joining a faction who's majority are Orcs, a faction of Undead lead by her Undead sister who attacked High Elves and are plaguing the people she fought with, support the Blood Elves and their magic siphoning addiction, and finally abandon her remaining living sister.

Alleria will either be a neutral party, or she'll be part of the Alliance. I'd prefer the latter as that way we get some High Elf lore (Which inevitably leads to Blood Elf lore)
    Most of this made sense except the "support the blood elves and their magic siphoning addiction". Why would she have a problem with their magic addiction when high elves suffer from the exact same condition? Which is why, even though they kinda hate each other, the blood elves let them use the Sunwell.

Anyway I think it's more likely we'll see the Scryers be involved than having her try to rally the handful high elves left in the world. There's so few of them and they are so scattered that even if she did round them up they'd still have no chance of renewing their society. And as long as they sit on that high horse that makes them think they are better than the blood elves they are doomed to remain scattered until they die out.
    Last edited by leaks; 2012-09-25 at 01:26 PM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly no, I'd rather they stayed lost somewhere in the Twisting Nether, never to be seen again... :I

10+ Year Old Account
    This is pretty awesome. Does this mean that they could be bringing a Demon Hunter class out? I know we just got a monk, but in cata we just got two new races and now we get pandas so it's not too farfetched I think. It would be pretty awesome, since they are planning on giving Illidan a redemption story. Him coming back to kill kil'jaeden once and for all...training the new demon hunters...the possibilities!

Quote Originally Posted by bethofwow View Post
    Funny I saw this. As I was relogging earlier today, one of the tips on the load screen pages said: "Nobody has seen Turalyon and Allieria Windrunner for years"
    While the timing of you seeing that is amusing, that actual tip has been showing up on the loading screen for years. Since late Wrath at least.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite paladins are: Tirion Fordring, Turalyon, Uther the Lightbringer, and some others.
    My favorite notable rangers: Veressa Windrunner, Slyvanas Windrunner, and finally Alleria Windrunner

Would be awesome to have those two love birds back and get back from Outland to Azeroth, and bring their half-elf son with them.
    For the Horde!

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High General Turalyon View Post
    It also means lots and lots of Sin'dorei / Quel'dorei lore will be trashed by blizzard due to the return of one of the Windrunner sisters, so blood elves and forsaken - rejoice!
    Fix'd for you

On a side note, even as a Horde player, I find the prospect of the return of Turalyon a very cool thing!
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Also, before anyone starts going nuts, we need someone to confirm EXACTLY what Metzen said. All the Blizzplanet story said was that he had "plans" for them in the next expansion. That could be anything from them coming back to us finding out exactly what happened to them (but not doing anything about it yet).
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

The blizzplanet thingy states they have plans for Sargeras as well "Somewhen". Do you think that means next expansion? Or some time after that? If we down Sargeras, thats pretty much it for the Burning legion other than scattered demonlords with their own warbands