15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I've never heard of the NFL overturning a win, so I'm not surprised here. If they can't change it, then there's no reason to argue the decision.
    Ya the NFL could really care less. People aren't going to stop watching the games because of that event. They might say they will, but despite all the crying and gnashing of teeth they'll be back. Its exactly like the NHL owners and their lockout. Oh no, the last lockout resulted in record revenues, viewership, and attendance as soon as they came back and it grew from there. Had fans actually stopped watching, like many of them claim they are going to do, this lockout in the NHL wouldn't happen. But it is and the NHL won't be hurt. Same thing for the NFL. They could give two shits about what an ESPN bobblehead has to say about the game. They have people hooked already. They have you reeled in, in the boat flopping around trying to breath. You're done for. People aren't going to stop watching the NFL nearly enough to influence their decision. The NFL has to get through 14 more weeks and the playoffs then they will have the top refs in every league in the pros and college falling all over themselves to take the current deal the locked out refs have or even less. They will get every major D1 ref they want, ever CFL ref, etc. Its a current "crisis" that isn't going to hurt the NFL's bottom line, will be solved as soon as next season starts, and will save them millions now.

Last night's game was a fucking travesty though. That Seattle defense though looks damn good and the Packers O-line looks even worse than usual.

---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 03:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Yeah, they won't overturn a win, which is why they are saying that.
    Earl Thomas is a solid signature choice this week. Earl Thomas fucking rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so I think I can finally write about this game... aside from the last play this game was pretty god damn good for the Seahawks.

Defense - Completely dominating the Packers in the first half. 2 Bruce Irvin sacks, 4 Chris Clemmons, I'm missing 2 to who I don't know who gets credit. KJ Wright is insane. He is pro bowl caliber if there even is one. He plays Linebacker, but plays like a safety. Brandon Browner is fucking brutal.... hes lucky these refs don't see shit. Every play Browner is just smothering somebody. Whoever Richard Sherman is covering won't get passes... simple as that. Second half was a little scary from my perspective, but they did a good job zeroing down on the run and holding them to 2 FGs and 1 touchdown that really shouldn't of happened (will cover later.) Great job for Brandon Browner completely towering over the receiver to deny the 2 point conversion. Rank 1 in the league for points allowed.

Offense - Completely contained Clay Matthews. He was silent in this game. His pressure was there, but absolutely 0 sacks for him and only one by another person. Russell Wilson does an amazing job coordinating this offense on the field. That being said, a lot needs to be fixed. We're pretty much down to our last WRs now. Braylon going out early and Baldwin out for the game. Golden Tate is really stepping up and making a name for himself, though maybe too much after trying to jump for a TD pass intended for Sidney Rice. Run game was great. I think Lynch had 100+ yards that game.

Special Teams - Pretty good. 1 yard punt, contained the Packers returns, Leon Washington had a fairly quiet game though.

Now, I know everybody wants to talk about the last play... but honestly, its been talked about enough. I don't think you can argue that at all. It was an interception.

But, lets not forget the PI on Earl Thomas for a clean play that effectively could of ended that touchdown drive.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2012-09-25 at 08:07 PM.

You think Russell Wilson did an amazing job? Dude look scared all night, hit like 45% of his passes (out of 12...) and took a sack for a huge loss when he easily could have thrown away the ball or ran for a gain. If it wasn't for the fact that the Seahawks won, people would be calling him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    You think Russell Wilson did an amazing job? Dude look scared all night, hit like 45% of his passes (out of 12...) and took a sack for a huge loss when he easily could have thrown away the ball or ran for a gain. If it wasn't for the fact that the Seahawks won, people would be calling him out.
    Specifically, he was 10-21, 130 yards 2 TDs. I tuned in and out of the game, so I can't speak on behalf of him, but that was the stats he put up last night. Well, minus a TD and however many yards it was.

You know what he is? He's the black Tim Tebow. Shitty stats, definitely shouldn't be a starter in the NFL, but god dammit, he won! Praise him!

The NFL can say what it wants but the commissioner, aka coward, has the ability to overturn it. *axe rule*

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Blown call. But fuck the Packers, so I don't care.
    Classy. Go get tan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mays has been given a 1 game suspension and a $50,000 fine for his helmet to helmet hit on Schaub.

Suppose the suspension makes up for the fact he should have been ejected.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lang's tweet is already the third most retweeted tweet ever (I feel dirty just typing that sentence)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...0834--nfl.html

You know what he is? He's the black Tim Tebow. Shitty stats, definitely shouldn't be a starter in the NFL, but god dammit, he won! Praise him!
    Nah, Russel is better than Tebow. Take it from a Broncos fan. He is ~considerably~ better.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Nah, Russel is better than Tebow. Take it from a Broncos fan. He is ~considerably~ better.
    I don't know whether to cry for Tebow or to be happy for Wilson.

I don't know whether to cry for Tebow or to be happy for Wilson.
    Well not everyone can have offenses completely tailored to their arrival (talking Cam/RG3/Luck) and pull off 60% completion rating and be able to actually help win games, not just prevent the team from losing them. I'd say Russel is doing fantastic given that he's also a rookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wilson is doing about as well as I expected, I HOPED for better, but I expected competency as long as he had few attempts and they leaned on the ground game, which we all figured they were gonna do, its how he had success last year with Wisconsin and it will keep working this year. Everybody knew SF was good on defense but that whole division has really improved there, so its just gonna take solid unremarkable QB play to win games, which is great because everybody in the division has a solid unremarkable QB, should be real competitive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Russell Wilson does an amazing job coordinating this offense on the field.
    I could care less about stats when we have the bottom of the barrel WRs out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wilson's doing fine, especially with those receivers. None of them are grade A material. And Carrol had this to say:
    Offensive plan: Carroll said he's the one deserving criticism for the Seahawks' weak offensive output. He's insisting upon a conservative approach to avoid turnovers and he would be taking that approach even if Matt Flynn, not rookie Russell Wilson, were the quarterback. Carroll: "Remember, we did not turn the ball over again, and that was the best defense in the NFL taking the ball off of teams last year. ... In the meantime, we're raising a quarterback in the system. We are solid enough as a team to play like this at quarterback right now. It is a struggle for some people to understand that, but we're going to keep moving along and growing and there will be a time when it won't feel exactly like it feels right now. But it's not time." This confirms impressions from Week 1. Seattle's excitement for Wilson was longer term than it appeared during preseason.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

15+ Year Old Account
    I can imagine what a ref union meeting is looking like right now http://youtu.be/Iu_30-8ZlmQ

I shortened it to a (horribly made) picture, since no one clicks videos anyway.

Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2012-09-26 at 09:40 AM.

I live in Washington state and I just absoluetly loathe the Seahawks, but ignoring all the horrible calls that made me feel dirty for just watching the game, the Seahawks have been playing better then I execpted this season and they showed some strong muscle during that game, at least in my opinion. And thats not just easy for me to say, i'd rather just bash on the hawks

But dear god, this season is getting painful to watch. Im not going to stop watching, but im going to just start a drinking game....everytime the replacement refs make a "what the hell...." type of call, im taking a shot. Should make it more interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Go get tan.
    I tan using the reflection off my team's recent Lombardi trophies, you could say I bask in it.
    And... go eat cheese?

Anyway, with Revis out for the year, heres to hoping the Jets circle the drain in a most agonizing way.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

15+ Year Old Account
    If I see the NFLPA or a player whine about the scab ref's affecting their safety I might snap. Seriously. How stupid are these people to even pretend that they can make that argument? The regular referees aren't protecting players from falling pianos. They aren't out there making sure they don't get hit by cars on the way to the stadium. The regular refs enforce the rules that protect the players from the PLAYERS. If the NFLPA has such a concern about safety then send a memo to each of your UNION MEMBERS and tell them to stop cheap shotting each other. Stop blaming the guards because the inmates shanked each other with filed down spoons. That isn't a guard problem, its a prisoner problem. If players are going to go out there and take cheap shot after cheap shot at other guys, that isn't a refereeing problem, it is a union problem. The union whining about player safety is fucking comical when its the members of the union going out and making dangerous plays on other guys in the union on purpose. Its one thing when you complain about concussions from lack of equipment. It is a whole different ball game when you whine about guys body slamming each other. The union needs to get its shit in line and that would solve a whole bunch of the player safety issues. Tell your guys not to take leaping helmet shots at players' heads. Tell them not to dive at the knees of a QB intentionally. You don't need the refs to keep the idiots in line when they should be policing themselves on this sort of stuff.

I really havent had any entertainment value diminished by any of these officials. If anything its more interesting. Plus the league has some really great parody so many teams can beat so many others. Last weeks games were some of the best Ive seen in a long time, so anyone complaining about that aspect claiming it makes the games unwatchable I honestly have no idea what they're talking about.

HA just noticed the Packers are playing the Saints this week. Welcome to 0-4 New Orleans! WHO DAT WHO DAT WHO DAT