Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Where can i check MoP sales?

title. /10char

Deleted
    vgchartz dosnt have any statistics about it yet, so i guess for now its hard to find.

They'll probably have a press release next Tuesday, just as they had with D3 a week after it launched.

People are SO obsessed on crap like this?
    Who cares?..they will announce sales eventually....
    Go play the game and have fun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelyorc View Post
    People who are interested in the industry care about this stuff. If you're not interested in the economical factor of video games, then just go on and play games, but don't assume that nobody cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Faw View Post
    People who are interested in the industry care about this stuff. If you're not interested in the economical factor of video games, then just go on and play games, but don't assume that nobody cares.
    People who are that interested in the business side of video games would also know that sales figures wouldn't be released until AT LEAST the next business day, and would not be asking on a fansite for data. Further, seeing as the normal business day has not even started at Blizzard HQ, it's far too early to be looking for that. Realistically, sales figures are usually not released to the public for a few days to a week.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    But maybe someone here can give some inside info if they are working at blizz...who knows, it's his right to ask, and yours to ignore him.
    Mindless...

One thing we do know is that it definitely won't be beating cata sales, 60% of my friends 25 man raiding guild is not returning to the game now. Another 25 man raiding guild bites the dust.

People who are that interested in the business side of video games would also know that sales figures wouldn't be released until AT LEAST the next business day,
    And why the hell would they know that, is there a rule written somewhere?

and would not be asking on a fansite for data.
    And why the hell not? Is mmo-champion just a fan site? Or it's a huge thing where people can come and DISCUSS and also tracks every little thing that Blizzard says? Fan site my ass, this is a professional website, rank top 5000 in the world, people would kill for such a "fan site"

Realistically, sales figures are usually not released to the public for a few days to a week.
    Realistically, the dude just asked, because realistically, not all are THAT smart, but maybe are just THAT curious

Quote Originally Posted by Kesolovac View Post
    But maybe someone here can give some inside info if they are working at blizz...who knows, it's his right to ask, and yours to ignore him.
    and they would be fired for doing so..

that kind of information has an effect on stock prices, releasing that information early/letting it slip before public announcement has dire consequences

Quote Originally Posted by Kesolovac View Post
    Well said!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Faw View Post
    It's much more likely that he's interested because he wants to start a troll/flame thread about how WoW is losing subs or gaining subs (whichever is his preferred side of the fence). People who actually ARE interested in the industry know enough about it to know you can't see sales after half a morning, before stores are actually open.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelyorc View Post
    I had the same reaction.
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

A sneak peek into the future:

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/2503...s-of-pandaria/

MoP sales figure speculation is at the end of the post.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love all the "legitimate sounding reasons" people give for their interest in sales. The truth is, they are haters that are certain nobody would want a game with Pandas. The shock of the record sales, followed by a new record high in subs for Blizzard's best content ever will be great for these people.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    I love all the "legitimate sounding reasons" people give for their interest in sales. The truth is, they are haters that are certain nobody would want a game with Pandas. The shock of the record sales, followed by a new record high in subs for Blizzard's best content ever will be great for these people.
    Low sales would be the best thing that could ever happen to WoW. Will only drive them to work harder, to keep their promises for this expansion. No, I didn't buy MoP. No, I don't hate WoW. Am curious to see how many copies it sold as the previous expansion was lack-lustre.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Couac View Post
    A sneak peek into the future:

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/2503...s-of-pandaria/

MoP sales figure speculation is at the end of the post.
    From Article - "As a reminder all sales figures are for retail only, and do not include digital sales."

Which makes this entire article invalid, funny that Cata was the first Expansion that allowed digital sales and there was a slump in retail sales.

Out of the 30 people in my guild, I only know 4 people that brought MoP retail and those where all Physical Collectors Edition.
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2012-09-26 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    I can't wait to quote this post after they release the sales.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

And this is of what concern exactly to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    From Article - "As a reminder all sales figures are for retail only, and do not include digital sales."

Which makes this entire article invalid, funny that Cata was the first Expansion that allowed digital sales and there was a slump in retail sales.

Out of the 30 people in my guild, I only know 4 people that brought MoP retail and those where all Physical Collectors Edition.
    And how does it make it invalid? It states it doesn't include digital sales and that the figures are speculation based on previous expansion sales. That's all it says. It doesn't say "WoW will fall lolololol!" or does it? Why so defensive?