Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    in next 2 or 3 months there wil be no single PvE player. just sayin.
    Can they still be succesfull with their PvP aspects? probably not either, most of the people think it's boring zergfest and there is no long term goal in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    in next 2 or 3 months there wil be no single PvE player. just sayin.
    Can they still be succesfull with their PvP aspects? probably not either, most of the people think it's boring zergfest and there is no long term goal in it.
    Kinda my thoughts. TBH i'm surprised more people haven't started calling it Zerg Wars 2 yet since about all you do is zerg. You zerg the DE, you zerg WvW, you zerg Dungeons. Hell about the ONLY things you don't zerg are story missions and even then....As well as sPvP and again even then.... So yeah i officially grant this game the derogatory title of Zerg Wars 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    No, GW2 has nothing that reflects a proper implementation of a fun grouping experience that's both hard and challenging.
    I'm not having fun, so no one else is.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Exactly lol. Seriously if YOUR not having fun.. well then go play one of the other games out there..

I hear there is a new one just released now with more fur!!

GW2 will be more than fine and has a great future. They have made a TON of money and new content will follow and people will play it. Whats not to like or fret over? Do you haters really think that after the success of the release they are just going to take their ball and go home right? cause they dont like gamers, are evil and dont want to support it? lol really you need to think before even asking does it have a bright future..

10+ Year Old Account
    I treat guild wars 2 like a casual game. I don’t play it that much, maybe 1-3 hours a day, 3-5 in weekends, and for me, it has been the most pleasant MMO experience I have ever had. Currently I just got to Level 80 with my first character, a Norn Guardian, and I have around 50% world completion.
    I don’t rush through the zones to get them done fast, I carefully walk through them, doing the things and challenges as they appear. Hell, I even spend a lot of time walking around zones I have already explored, and encounter old events, some of which I haven’t done before. Simply walking around in the world is so much fun, in my opinion. I even spent 2 hours the other day exploring Divinity’s Reach (the most beautiful city in any game ever in my opinion) for the first time, walking around randomly, enjoying the view (have you SEEN the houses on the wall? And the core? Holy shit..), and heck, I even talked to random NPCs greeting me, and I read everything everyone had to say about anything.
    Trust me, if you treat it the way I do, you will come to enjoy it a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Obviously we all enjoy what vespian enjoys and dislike what he dislikes. Also, nemro82 knows 'most' players in gw2 and knows 'hardly anyone' likes pvp. No, don't say you like it, he said you don't, so you don't. Period.

Ah, the knowledge on these fora is truly emasculating. I've never felt so ignorant in my entire life.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Obviously we all enjoy what vespian enjoys and dislike what he dislikes. Also, nemro82 knows 'most' players in gw2 and knows 'hardly anyone' likes pvp. No, don't say you like it, he said you don't, so you don't. Period.

Ah, the knowledge on these fora is truly emasculating. I've never felt so ignorant in my entire life.
    Oh for godssake. "I can't argue in favor of the (particular subsection(s) of the) game, so I'll just ridicule the messenger". Grow the fuck up. Fast. Please.

And once again, I'm a critic, not a hater, nor a fanboi. I simply compare, consider, conclude and state.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-09-26 at 11:41 AM.

Deleted
    Well GW2 made there money in the launch... so yeh... i see a good future.
    When the expacs come out, yeh i can see more people buying it.

So yes it has a future :P

Deleted
    Oh for godssake. "I can't argue in favor of the (particular subsection(s) of the) game, so I'll just ridicule the messenger". Grow the fuck up. Fast. Please.

And once again, I'm a critic, not a hater, nor a fanboi. I simply compare, consider, conclude and state.
    I understand your frustrations especialy regarding dungeons, for me they lack 2 things, proper mechanics and they need to be MUCH harder. But mate you need to tone it down a bit you seem so darn aggresive at times.

Deleted
    I find it amusing, because one of the definitions of critic is:
    a person who tends too readily to make captious, trivial, or harsh judgments; faultfinder.

Anyway, a critic in the other sense of the word - someone who judges, evaluates, or analyzes literary or artistic works, dramatic or musical performances, or the like, especially for a newspaper or magazine - present only facts. The key difference is that you present opinions as if they were facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    I find it amusing, because one of the definitions of critic is:
    a person who tends too readily to make captious, trivial, or harsh judgments; faultfinder.

Anyway, a critic in the other sense of the word - someone who judges, evaluates, or analyzes literary or artistic works, dramatic or musical performances, or the like, especially for a newspaper or magazine - present only facts. The key difference is that you present opinions as if they were facts.
    I presented some facts about the dungeons that are bad mechanics and concluded that the pve dungeon implementation is subpar. Any critic uses facts to voice a conclusion that's encapsulated by his/her own opinion.

Examples would be movie critics such as Movie Bob (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...-to-the-movies). I'm not sure where you get your definition, but mine is slightly different.

Quote Originally Posted by xizzu View Post
    I understand your frustrations especialy regarding dungeons, for me they lack 2 things, proper mechanics and they need to be MUCH harder. But mate you need to tone it down a bit you seem so darn aggresive at times.
    It's how I write Sometimes I agree with the sentiment that I'm a tad too harsh, other times I don't. Right now, well, somewhere inbetween.

My golden rule is simply: Make sure you can take what you dish out. I usually pass that rule.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-09-26 at 12:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I presented some facts about the dungeons that are bad mechanics and concluded that the pve dungeon implementation is subpar. Any critic uses facts to voice a conclusion that's encapsulated by his/her own opinion.
    Except.. that what you just presented here is your OPINION not a FACT...

I happen to like the dungeons just fine and find them quite enjoyable. They are not scripted events like dungeons in previous games they are different and I find that refreshing. just MY OPINION.. not a fact see how that works?

Deleted

Examples would be movie critics such as Movie Bob (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...-to-the-movies). I'm not sure where you get your definition, but mine is slightly different.
    What you've presented is that your opinion is that you don't like the mechanics and that you think the dungeon implementation isn't what you expected, then you voice that as facts. Some people are enjoying the dungeons and don't encounter the "facts" you state, thus, you are factually incorrect.

Critics are, by definition, stating facts and facts only for the purpose of providing the reader, viewer or listener with an objective review so that they may form their own opinion. A critic that encapsulates his/her own opinion needs to be fired, rapidamente.

I get most of my definitions from the American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language (10th ed) and the Collins English Dictionary (4th ed). I'm not sure where you get yours though.

noun
    a person who judges, evaluates, or criticizes: a poor critic of men.
    a person who judges, evaluates, or analyzes literary or artistic works, dramatic or musical performances, or the like, especially for a newspaper or magazine.

Origin:
    1575–85; < Latin criticus < Greek kritikós skilled in judging (adj.), critic (noun), equivalent to krī́t ( ēs ) judge, umpire ( krī́ ( nein ) to separate, decide + -tēs agent suffix) + -ikos -ic
    Please continue to argue that a critic somehow requires facts You just keep adding the thing about facts, I'll just do what I do

Also, referencing back to Movie Bob. He's a critic. He uses his opinions of a movie to write articles and make video commentary. He gets invited by th movie industry to voice his opinion of a movie, based on the material he gets to watch. Since he gets invited, he's officially a movie critic. Acknowledged by the industry.

Movie reviews tend to have different conclusions across the internet, coming from critics. Go figure. We're dealing with conflicting facts? How is that possible OO
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-09-26 at 12:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I presented some facts about the dungeons
    This is a quote from you.. so where did WE add in that you are trying to pass YOUR opinion off as fact? I think its pretty clear you believe your opinion is fact and it can be for YOU but.. no its not a fact for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    This is a quote from you.. so where did WE add in that you are trying to pass YOUR opinion off as fact? I think its pretty clear you believe your opinion is fact and it can be for YOU but.. no its not a fact for anyone else.
    Fact 1: camera angles are bad.

Ah who cares, now I'm busy anyways:

Fact 2: Abilities are often not telegraphed.
    Fact 3: Red aoe indications are often blocked from view by the environment.
    Fact 4: (disclaimer: most) Bosses are simple tank and spank.
    Fact 5: The difficulty is in the damage received, not in the encounters.

What a lame discussion this is by the way. You're making me prove that I'm using facts, because I claim to be a critic, but the word critic is just semantics. Even though I perfectly qualify, based on the definition, it's a baseless argument which you are trying to exploit to make a point. A non-existent point. You like the dungeons, we don't. We have facts (see above) to sustain our case, you're trying to win by ridiculing all those that are on the dislike team, but are incapable of building a strong case yourselves.

It's truly pathetic.

Hahaha wow, calm down. I'll throw around my opinions too as facts, then claim I am a critic too!
    See the above.

Hahaha wow, calm down. I'll throw around my opinions too as facts, then claim I am a critic too!
    I don't care if someone dislikes the game, but you go around acting like "I DON'T HAVE FUN, SO NO ONE ELSE DOES."
    Where?
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-09-26 at 12:31 PM.

What a lame discussion this is by the way. You're making me prove that I'm using facts, because I claim to be a critic, but the word critic is just semantics. Even though I perfectly qualify, based on the definition, it's a baseless argument which you are trying to exploit to make a point. A non-existent point. You like the dungeons, we don't. We have facts (see above) to sustain our case, you're trying to win by ridiculing all those that are on the dislike team, but are incapable of building a strong case yourselves.

It's truly pathetic.
    I don't care if someone dislikes the game, but you go around acting like "I DON'T HAVE FUN, SO NO ONE ELSE DOES." Now that is pathetic.

Drop the unwarranted superiority, you have not achieved it.

---------- Post added 2012-09-26 at 08:32 AM ----------

Fact 1: camera angles are bad.

Ah who cares, now I'm busy anyways:

Fact 2: Abilities are often not telegraphed.
    Fact 3: Red aoe indications are often blocked from view by the environment.
    Fact 4: (disclaimer: most) Bosses are simple tank and spank.
    Fact 5: The difficulty is in the damage received, not in the encounters.

It's truly pathetic.

See the above.

Where?
    No, GW2 has nothing that reflects a proper implementation of a fun grouping experience that's both hard and challenging.
    This is heavily implied here. ^

Also, what is your points here? Yeah, dungeons aren't perfect, but don't tell me how I should feel about them, whether or not I enjoy them or not. You don't like them for that reason, and that's fine, I get it.

Please stop quoiting so terribly. Just make a new post and don't edit replies into posts above mine, it's really annoying.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-09-26 at 12:33 PM.

Drop the unwarranted superiority, you have not achieved it.
    More than you have. So far you're the one that is doing the ridiculing. Instead of coming up with a counter argument, you're trying to flamebait your way through the discussion. Sounds like a pretty sad way to end this thread.

This is heavily implied here. ^

Also, what is your points here? Yeah, dungeons aren't perfect, but don't tell me how I should feel about them, whether or not I enjoy them or not. You don't like them for that reason, and that's fine, I get it.
    You like that don't you? Quoting the conclusion of a post, without including the issues mentioned in the other 90%.

Please stop quoiting so terribly. Just make a new post and don't edit replies into posts above mine, it's really annoying.
    It's annoying to have some sort of post war going on, in which other people tend to lose track of what I said and what they said, after which they try to turn around everything I said, because they keep quoting small subsections of a text without any context. But I guess you didn't do that 10 mins ago.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-09-26 at 12:36 PM.

You like that don't you? Quoting the conclusion of a post, without including the issues mentioned in the other 90%.
    You asked me to quote where you acted like you were the all might decider of what is fun and what is not, and so I did. Now you're complaining about it, okay.
    It's annoying to have some sort of post war going on, in which other people tend to lose track of what I said and what they said, after which they try to turn around everything I said, because they keep quoting small subsections of a text without any context. But I guess you didn't do that 10 mins ago.
    Okay, the context of your post was, "Me and my friends weren't having fun, so we quit."

Are you suppose to be saying something here that I already didn't establish? Because we've already been through you can hate the game, and that's not the issue.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-09-26 at 12:38 PM.

You asked me to quote where you acted like you were the all might decider of what is fun and what is not, and so I did. Now you're complaining about it, okay.
    If that quote had no context, I'd agree with you. But it does. I'm reporting you now for poluting this thread with flamebaits.

Okay, the context of your post was, "Me and my friends weren't having fun, so we quit."

Are you suppose to be saying something here that I already didn't establish? Because we've already been through you can hate the game, and that's not the issue.
    Oh there you go again. Stop ridiculing content of posts when there's no need to. I'm not on a crusade against GW2. I'm not summarizing everything that's wrong with the game, every time I respond to a topic and simply base a response to the OP's question on empyric evidence. I posted more than what you mention, but in case you missed it, I also actually summarized it, for your convenience, in the above section of this page. Only the top 5 of course, although 5 should be 1.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-09-26 at 12:43 PM.