Quote Originally Posted by Delanath View Post
    A Never-ending Noodle Bowl
    Hells Yeah!

It's probably been asked before ... but is it normal that at lev 90 your stats are lower then on lev 85? Think i was stronger at lev 85 then now at lev 90.

for instance ... my mastery dropped with 20%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    It's probably been asked before ... but is it normal that at lev 90 your stats are lower then on lev 85? Think i was stronger at lev 85 then now at lev 90.

What kind of gear did you have at 85? My stats drop as I level towards 90 as I can't replace my old gear with new gear of just as high quality. It's all because of the scaling. Been like that every expansion. Your stats will rise again as you acquire gear.

Imagine if that didn't happen... I - resto shaman - went into MoP with a mastery of almost 80%. If that didn't drop but continued to rise as I level... holy crap, I don't even want to imagine those numbers *mind boggles*

I wager that we'll be reaching about the same values at the end of MoP as we did during Cata.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post

As said by Seriss, its because of scaling. 1 Point of Mastery Rating gives more % Mastery at 85 than it does at 90. In full blues at 90 you will do about the same DPS you did in full HC Dragon Soul Epics at 85 because although your higher level and have higher ilevel items each point of a stat is worth vastly less. Every time you leveled up going from 85-90 you would have noticed a significant drop in stats in your character window.

This is normal just to prevent - as Seriss said - insane numbers. They could just make it so the rating at level 90 gear is better than 85 gear (which it is, obviously) and continue increasing your stats, but you'd be hitting 100% chance to crit, every spell on a 1 second cast time long ago and only Mastery would be of any use to you at all. You'd dispise hit rating so much because you'd be stuck with like 50% Hit.