Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

60% of Americans think United States on Wrong Track

I don't usually pay attention to polls but this one I thought was interesting because some people think Obama is guaranteed to win reelection. If you thought your country was headed in the wrong direction would you re-elect the person that holds most of the blame for the direction of the country: the President of your country?!

Deleted
    would you re-elect the person that holds most of the blame for the direction of the country: the President of your country?!
    An amusing sentiment, not particularly accurate however. Congress is the place I'd be more concerned about. Might as well add, furthermore, that the main option apart from Obama is Romney, talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire. I suppose there is Gary Johnson, but I'm extremely skeptical that enough people would vote for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    A good chunk of people also blame congress for the issues that are popping up today, not just the president.

People think Obama is guaranteed to win, because a high percentage of voters will be from the "give me free handouts" community. As a liberal who thinks hard working tax payers should be on no better footing (sometimes worse footing) than lazy idiots or people who purposely have children before they can support them, Obama will appeal to a lot of people. Unfortunately, people vote for the guy who will make things easier for them, not the guy who actually wants to move things in the right direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkacid View Post
    I don't usually pay attention to polls but this one I thought was interesting because some people think Obama is guaranteed to win reelection. If you thought your country was headed in the wrong direction would you re-elect the person that holds most of the blame for the direction of the country: the President of your country?!
    Rest assured, that regardless of what the president does (or doesn't) do, most of the rest of the world, cross their fingers that the Republicans DOES NOT TAKE OFFICE..

What is 60% of Americans, compared to the rest of the world?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Ron Paul is out of the way and he is the only one I seen to actually talk sense. When I hear the others talk it seems they are being fed all the words where as Ron Paul has actual experience and understanding of some matters of what is going on. Obama is rather ''inspirational'' or (maybe not the word I am looking for) but it makes you want to listen to him. If Mitt Rommney wins, then oh boy. The election system is totally broken and unfair, needs fixing.

Its all about money/power and who you know.

In the long run, electing president should not be of concern, its the congress that needs to be fixed up. A president is simple mouth piece and a representative of the country. He does not have the great power to do great changes. Sure changes happen whether "good" or "bad" but thats for a reason, if there were litterly no changes then citizens would loose ALL hope, what ever hope they have left.
    Last edited by Mister K; 2012-09-27 at 11:45 AM.
    -K

I blame the buttholes who signed 14 year old's pledge.
    They are all buttholes, holding a 14 year old's pledge above their commitment to work for the United States of America.
    All buttholes in such power, who sign 14 year old's pledge should be fired on sight.

I don't blame the guy promoting 14 year old's pledge - he's a private citizen, and we reserve the right to be stupid.
    I only condemn any butthole that has signed 14 year old's pledge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    They are all buttholes, holding a 14 year old's pledge above their commitment to work for the United States of America.
    All buttholes in such power, who sign 14 year old's pledge should be fired on sight.

I don't blame the guy promoting 14 year old's pledge - he's a private citizen, and we reserve the right to be stupid.
    I am confused, what do you mean 14 year old's pledge? Pledge as in when they do Crime or something of that sort?
    -K

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post

I feel like I'm missing something here.

Congress, Romney.

Those two words answer your question.

I don't usually pay attention to polls but this one I thought was interesting
    "I'm bringing up this poll because it actually reflects my viewpoint, I disagree with all others"
    If you thought your country was headed in the wrong direction would you re-elect the person that holds most of the blame for the direction of the country
    I think all our problems rest solely on Obama's shoulders, and not the continuation of failed policies due to obstructionism by senators and congressman of the GOP making sure almost no new legislation makes it through.

What poll? Link?

And who the F are these 40% that think things are going good?

Two Wrongs doesnt make one Right, to answere, if current is wrong why not take the other option.

Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    I am confused, what do you mean 14 year old's pledge? Pledge as in when they do Crime or something of that sort?
    The pledge to not compromise on taxes, was conceived by a 14 year old.
    He put it down on paper when he was an adult, but he dreamed it up when he was 14.

And when the pledge is to 'not compromise', it's just not something that politicians, or actually any adults should be signing.

How about some information with a source?
    http://www.people-press.org/2012/09/...n-most-issues/
    Of those Polled 51% for Obama 43% for Romney 8 point lead.
    Now for what I find "interesting" on this poll, scroll down a bit, of the poeple voting for Romney, 52% said they weren't supporting Romney, but voting against Obama. More than half his support is just from people who don't like Obama enough they'd vote for anyone else.

And this is only my opinion, the most telling thing in this poll is this: 66% feel Obama connects with ordinary Americans the best, nearly triple the 23% that feel Romney does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fortunately, Bush can't be Re-Elected.

These polls means nothing since i can firmly say country is on the wrong track with far to much right wing extremism everywhere But that does NOT mean Obama will lose a vote on that rather the opposite.

Just typical of Rightwingers to assume wrong track ppl hate obama and LOVE the right wingers. Wrong track is the fact that we are gridlocked and cant get stuff done due the teabaggers of and christian talibans we have around.

---------- Post added 2012-09-27 at 12:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    Fortunately, Bush can't be Re-Elected.
    Thank god i cant afford another hit on my pocket book and wealth with more stupid GOP plans that ultimate will wreck the economy.

But to the topic you responded to just shows how the far right thinks. they have totally forgotten how 2008 looked BEFORE the election was even held. I am sure they would still blame Obama even if McCain and the Falin had won. And technically they are probably right since he needs a big chunk of blame for failing to beat that disaster ticket.

Nov 6th cant come soon enough i am having a pool going on where Rmoney will give his forfeit speech, Cayman, Swiss alp top or at a country club where entry fee was 50,000 for the evening.

it is a guarenteed win by obama. It's sad and all - but what can you do when you are given a context to pick the better of two turds. You still end up with a turd at the end.

Deleted
    What happens in a country ins't just the president's fault, it's also everyone else evolved with the government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    What happens in a country ins't just the president's fault, it's also everyone else evolved with the government.
    unless it's a republican president right?
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR