Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Meh, who cares if 5 man's are easy, they did do CM for that reason, that way it caters to both players. Personally I don't want hard with pugs. But i'll be happy to do the CM with guildies.

A few of my friends have already got Glory of the Pandaria Hero, they said at this rate they might even unsub within the 1st 2 months. Challenge modes aren't hard and apparently the hard part is just squeezing out faster times.

Rift seems to be the only game that offers a challenge outside of raiding, guess burning crusade was the pinnacle of wow endgame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Won't you be competing against other groups for the fastest times?

There's your challenge outside of raiding.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post

Challenge modes aren't hard like TBC heroics, basically you just competing to see how fast you can faceroll the instance and certain classes will have big advantages over others which will put a lot of players off from even bothering with them since the rewards are just cosmetic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimitzles View Post
    Challenge modes aren't hard like TBC heroics, basically you just competing to see how fast you can faceroll the instance and certain classes will have big advantages over others which will put a lot of players off from even bothering with them since the rewards are just cosmetic.
    Fair, and I still agree with you in that BC had the best end game.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Rift seems to be the only game that offers a challenge outside of raiding, guess burning crusade was the pinnacle of wow endgame.
    Since i don't know much about Rift, could u explain plz?

Deleted
    Well I think every comp could achieve silver: the challenge is getting gold or all golds or r1 on ladder. I think that will be fun, ofc some people won't bother CM but not everyone play WoW in it's fullness: someone avoid PvP, someone avoid PvE, someone avoid farming achievements and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by sanaubia View Post
    but cata heroics were really easy at launch
    No, they werent.

About the qustion of the OP, heroic modes are designed to be easy, the only challenge they might have is for healers which havent got good spirit gear yet.

---------- Post added 2012-09-27 at 11:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sanaubia View Post
    ^This and the best thing is = you cant even QQ about it... you say something like "Hey these heroics are way too easy" and blizzard just says "lol go challenge they are superz hard huehuheuheuheuheuheu"
    Well, the same people that have been qqing about how easy the game has been were also qqing about LFD and its convenience and about eh lack of community LFD introduced.

Challenge modes are the solution to all that, you get to do challenging content, without the convenience of LFG and you have to find your own group and go to the instance.

Unless those were only excuses used by elitists that only wanted to see other people fail at the dungeons...

---------- Post added 2012-09-27 at 11:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    1) Anyone doing heroics in less then 24 hours from launch is not your normal player. Some of us haven't even had the luxury of being able to log on yet due to Work/School/ect

2) Blizzard learned their lesson from cata launch, this should not not be a surprise for anyone there is close to 15 damn pages on MMO-Champ discussing this ad nauseum.

3) Its disheartening to hear so much complaining on the forums after close to a year of no new content. People are already looking to tear down what Blizzard spent months to build, can't you just give em a break and just be happy?
    Common sense in MMO-Champion? Wtf is happening here?

---------- Post added 2012-09-27 at 11:19 AM ----------

A few of my friends have already got Glory of the Pandaria Hero, they said at this rate they might even unsub within the 1st 2 months. Challenge modes aren't hard and apparently the hard part is just squeezing out faster times.

Burning crusade was a casual version of vanilla.

40 main raids reduced to 10/25? Why are you dumbing down my game Blizzard?

Epics dropped in 5 mans? Epicz are not epicz anymroe blizzard!!!!

Easy crafting? No more runs to uldaman just to learn a recipe? NO more runs to scholomance just to brew some alchemy items? No more runs to the Molten Core entrance in Blackrock Depths just to craft a few bars? Why are you dumbing down my game Blizzard?

Epic gear can be bought with badges earned in 5 mans? Can you make this game more casual Blizzard?

and more and more and more.

You really havent been around in TBC if you didnt heard all that bullshit.

People need to get this: WoW HAS ALWAYS BEEN MADE TO CASUALS, even Tigole said that.

They tried to made the game less casual friendly at the start of Cata and was a huge failure.

Also, yes Rift is a more hardcore game, as well as Everquest. That's why they will never be even close to the sub base WoW has.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2012-09-27 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...and that is what you get on this forum. People with failing memory. Either that or you are just awesomesauce.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...roics-are-hard!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...o-2-hr-heroics

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-5-man-heroics.

Threads I saved from two years ago, cause I knew we would have this kind of topic ad nauseaum again...
    Bad players failing in PuG isn't an indication that the instances were actually "hard".
    They were decently challenging, but not "hard". They only looked hard because of the nefarious consequences of WotLK about expectations ("you should be able to one-shoot everything in a random PuG" replacing the "PuG is just for ultra-easy or obsolete content") and skill level (two years and a half doing nothing but mindless AoE rush made the average skill level drop through the floor).
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post

Artificial theme-park gimmicks can't really compare to the fulfilling feeling of progressing in the game and overcoming bad guys.

Even if CM were really very hard, they are just so completely "playing make-believe" that they wouldn't interest me. A single difficulty "do or die" is just much more meaningful and rewarding.
    Last edited by Akka; 2012-09-27 at 03:22 PM.

Cata heroics were awesome at launch, but I was in the minority in believing that it seems - because they nerfed them very hard and very fast. then, yes, they were easy after the nerf. Sux - MoP heroics are just JP/VP pinatas?
    Last edited by slime; 2012-09-27 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Cata heroics were awesome at launch, but I was in the minority in believing that it seems - because they nerfed them very hard and very fast. then, yes, they were easy after the nerf. Sux - MoP heroics are just JP/VP pinatas?
    I agree. After the nerfs i might have done 10 heroics? They were so boring after that i didn't do a 5 man until the 4.3 launch. Then they were easy and only did them a couple of times.

Deleted
    Don't see the problem, since vanilla there wasn't any rewarding dungeons/endgame content

We've successfully cleared heroic Mogu'shan with with one healer four DPS and a (non-tank spec'd) hunter pet tanking. That should give you some idea how faceroll heroics are.

Only time I've wiped was in the scarlet armory boss, we didn't know about his blades of light fire tornado.

They're ridiculously easy.
    I've only done them with LFD, for reference.
    Last edited by Lassira; 2012-09-28 at 02:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    sucks that ur gonna need a grp of friends to do challenge modes, and if u dont have that then ur gonna be stuck doing semi casual heroics....i really dont have a guild grp anymore =\ i pug everything, gonna be hard to pug challenge modes

lol, unsubing because dungeons are too easy.

why do we care that heroics are easy? They are just a gear grind till raids are out. I would rather pump out a heroic every 30 minutes then pumping out one every hour + because the mechanics aren't very forgiving. Or spending 15 minutes on each boss trying to train people that you've never met before how to play.

---------- Post added 2012-09-28 at 03:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    sucks that ur gonna need a grp of friends to do challenge modes, and if u dont have that then ur gonna be stuck doing semi casual heroics....i really dont have a guild grp anymore =\ i pug everything, gonna be hard to pug challenge modes
    people complain that heroics are too easy, then they complain that challenge modes are too hard because you can't get a group...

I found them extremely easy so I made my freshly dinged tank friend pull multiple packs. Things got a little more interesting but still easy enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh one thing I'd like to complain about - why do the heroic quests reward ilvl 440, when the dungeon drops 463? That seems odd! Remember that these quests aren't like the Cataclysm quests where there were no heroic quests, they were normal mode quests. Most MoP heroics don't even have a normal mode!
    You should write this to Blizzard.
    Qui a rejeté son démon nous importune avec ses anges.
    -Henri Michaux

Quote Originally Posted by Miff View Post
    lol, unsubing because dungeons are too easy.

why do we care that heroics are easy? They are just a gear grind till raids are out. I would rather pump out a heroic every 30 minutes then pumping out one every hour + because the mechanics aren't very forgiving. Or spending 15 minutes on each boss trying to train people that you've never met before how to play.
    First heroics are easy, then raids (LFR/normal mode) are too easy too and bads are too bored after two month and want to raid heroic mode. Blizzard proceeds to nerf heroic mode. Blizzard then proceeds to make next raid slighly more challenging, bads are too busy AoEing those 5mans that the new raids feels like Great Wall. Blizzard loses more subscribers and introduces yet another "casual" faceroll feature (no idea what it's gonna be, im out of ideas, but Blizzard will manage) and nerfs raids again.

Been there, done that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    First heroics are easy, then raids (LFR/normal mode) are too easy too and bads are too bored after two month and want to raid heroic mode. Blizzard proceeds to nerf heroic mode. Blizzard then proceeds to make next raid slighly more challenging, bads are too busy AoEing those 5mans that the new raids feels like Great Wall. Blizzard loses more subscribers and introduces yet another "casual" faceroll feature (no idea what it's gonna be, im out of ideas, but Blizzard will manage) and nerfs raids again.

Been there, done that.
    After the first "bads" i stopped reading. Sorry, but if you need to say something of any value, rethink the words you use. But seeing as i did read half the first sentence here is my input;

LFR and normal are meant to be easy... hence why there is heroic, why can't you see this? I'm not a casual, been playing since vanilla, probably seen more content than you and from what i'm guessing by the "bads" terminology you've only killed stuff pre nerf and/or when the content has been out for ages. Using words like "bads" to describe a group of people that only play casually and/or don't want commit to a raiding guild needs to stop...