Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    The coins will still give you an extra shot at a relevant item off the loot table, as far as I know.
    Would like to get a confirmation on this. I was only expecting it to work in LFR and on Sha of Anger!?

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Would like to get a confirmation on this. I was only expecting it to work in LFR and on Sha of Anger!?
    www dot wowhead dot com/currency=697#comments

verified by blues multiple times .. its usable in any difficulty mode , so its upto you whether u wanna spend it on sha of anger/lfr/normal/heroic

im running MM atm and i seem to be down on damage/dps as well - although i know ppl have said BM is the way to go atm, just havent tried it - i usually see myself as around 3-4k lower than the rest, sometimes more(some of that is down to being a clicker, i know) - ill try Bm and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Eironn View Post
    Let me start out by saying im not new to this game i have played a hunter for 7 years as my main

I noticed throughout the heroics i was running i was getting absolutely drilled by ret pallies , mages , warlocks , spriests and i couldn't work what was going on my spec is fine my rotations are fine and my gear isn't that bad i have got as close to hit/exp cap as possible and still not competitive

I am running SV spec atm

Also to note i know our aoe dps with serpent multishot is strong although im talking about our single target dps

Perhaps anyone could help me out give me some tips to what could be going wrong

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Eironn/simple
    Im doing about 50k without cds, and bursting for 90k

Quote Originally Posted by Indless View Post
    Im doing about 50k without cds, and bursting for 90k
    Show me a log ? of this and share you magical secrets also don't show me a log of aoe lol

Dpending on the fight I usually do 35-45k I believe, ilvl 452 with a 450 weapon. I tend to do more dps as SV than BM but not a expert at playing BM so that could be why. AoE as BM feels completely worthless so I tend to stick with SV in dungeons.

hi there

you are missing 2 statsticks sinds the pre patch.. thats why

badampatss

bye there

Quote Originally Posted by 0smo View Post
    hi there

you are missing 2 statsticks sinds the pre patch.. thats why

badampatss

bye there
    What. You do know that every class now only has *one* weapon, which means stat-sticks for everyone (relics, thrown weapons) are gone? And that bows now roll the same amount of stats as any other 2H weapon does, to make up for it?
    It's mostly, as said, an issue of people not having their gear properly optimised, not having proper gear, or not having had the time to adjust to the changes in the different specs. I did the exact same DPS in the pre-patch, as I did in the 4.3 patch, but I had to incorporate both Murder of Crows and Dire beast into my cycle, along with Readiness, effectively giving me a shitton of extra buttons to handle for the same dps as I did before. This has just increased by another two (stampede and glaive toss). Give it a little time, read up on the optimal way to play your hunter, gem and reforge correct (it matters).

My damage does really feel like it's lacking but I'm pretty optimistic. I say that because I felt the same at the beginning of Cataclysm. Our stats are crap right now as we hit 90 and start doing heroics. I don't even have half the hit/expertise I need. So I'll be captain obvious and say that as we gear up and our stats start to level out we'll be back on track.

Not gonna shoot you down but as i said i have played hunter for 7 years i also held some of the top 10 parses in previous raids so i know what im doing i read elitist jerks etc and theory crafting but still no solid answer why dps is low im happy for you to check out my armory and point me to any mistakes if you have the time

The other thing is the other hunter in my guild who i have played with for many years and would consider a very good player has also noticed dropped dps for it to happen to both of us at the same time is very unlikely

I can only report my findings, all of which are that currently, I'm performing on-par or higher than my guild members, and when we're talking a top 25 guild, it's generally full of very skilled people. I'm not saying anyone who isn't topping meters as a Hunter is a bad player, but I think people are having an issue where there really isn't any - wait till you get more gear and then make the judgement calls. If blizzard feels we are under powered, I'll be more than happy because that means I'll get a buff and when I already consider my damage to be very respectable, I'm going to be doing even more of it. I echo almost word for word what dracodraco is saying.

With this said, I have absolutely no idea how our damage will look in 2 weeks with raid gear, or 2 months with heroic gear. But currently, my damage feels fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaving View Post
    I'm having absolutely no issue doing consistently high damage in the 5 mans I'm doing with equally skilled players. I think anyone who is having issue with a particular spec, be it BM or Survival, should go back to the drawing board and you'll find out why you're having issues with your dps. I'm quite content where my DPS is at as a Survival Hunter, and speaking from someone who held some of the top parses in the past few tiers, that should probably be worth something.
    Not calling you out or anything but can we get an Armory link?

OT; I am not getting to bent out of shape over the lack of damage considering it's always like this for Hunters, we simple do not scale as well as other classes. Though, I would be a liar if I said it wasn't getting to me. Whenever I am grouped with a balance Druid, elemental Shaman or a ret paladin they just blow me out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovacor View Post
    Not calling you out or anything but can we get an Armory link?

OT; I am not getting to bent out of shape over the lack of damage considering it's always like this for Hunters, we simple do not scale as well as other classes. Though, I would be a liar if I said it wasn't getting to me. Whenever I am grouped with a balance Druid, elemental Shaman or a ret paladin they just blow me out of the water.
    What does the armory link matter? I do 60-70K consistently through dungeons now because I got my hands on a 483 Black-market weapon, and have every slot but my 440 cloak at 463 - but the thing we're comparing here is *equally skilled* and *equally geared* people. Of course I'll blow any other class in 450 average out of the water, but that doesn't mean that it is not true that I was competive, and even more than competive, at 450. And you can't compare yourself to random people you find in a pug - you don't know if they're just better than you, or have better gear (it's hard to see by a glance, need to armory them and take a good look). Even two item levels difference can be thousands of attack/spellpower, which has a significant impact on your dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    What does the armory link matter? I do 60-70K consistently through dungeons now because I got my hands on a 483 Black-market weapon, and have every slot but my 440 cloak at 463 - but the thing we're comparing here is *equally skilled* and *equally geared* people. Of course I'll blow any other class in 450 average out of the water, but that doesn't mean that it is not true that I was competive, and even more than competive, at 450. And you can't compare yourself to random people you find in a pug - you don't know if they're just better than you, or have better gear (it's hard to see by a glance, need to armory them and take a good look). Even two item levels difference can be thousands of attack/spellpower, which has a significant impact on your dps.
    You ask me what an armory link matters and then end your post saying you need to armory people to take a "good look". *mind fuck*...

Quote Originally Posted by Ovacor View Post
    You ask me what an armory link matters and then end your post saying you need to armory people to take a "good look". *mind fuck*...
    And you completly misunderstood what I said.
    I said that if you are in an instance with random players, you can't just quickly inspect them to get an idea of how well they're geared, unless you have a supercomputer for a brain. You'd need to look them up on the armory in order to see if they're hit and expertise capped, if they're reforging right, what their average item level is, etc.

What someone's gear, who you haven't even met is, does not matter. You can't compare to him anyway as you have no actual DPS to compare to. You can just see if he's fucked up his characters optimization, that's about it. And gear increases at such a rapid rate right now, that one day might have you jump 5-10 item levels anyway, so the data would probably be outdated anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like our damage is fine. BM does great single target and has among the best burst in the game period. Survival AoE is probably the best in the game as well, tied with Demo Locks. I have yet to feel inferior to anyone except Prot Warriors and Bears... but I think it's pretty obvious how absurd the new Vigilance has made those 2 classes for trash DPS.

I'm not sure where all this "woe are we our DPS is awful" talk is coming from. Are we playing the same class? It's fine.

Deleted
    Guild mate doing 65k+ on single target as surv tho he has most of the 463 gear.

Not gonna shoot you down but as i said i have played hunter for 7 years i also held some of the top 10 parses in previous raids so i know what im doing i read elitist jerks etc and theory crafting but still no solid answer why dps is low im happy for you to check out my armory and point me to any mistakes if you have the time

The other thing is the other hunter in my guild who i have played with for many years and would consider a very good player has also noticed dropped dps for it to happen to both of us at the same time is very unlikely
    Could it be, that you have to use more than 2 keybindings now, and you and your friend just aint used to playing bm again, if you started after wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas View Post
    Guild mate doing 65k+ on single target as surv tho he has most of the 463 gear.
    screen shot please.

I am at 462 ilvl and can not go above 58k or so as survival, and I am following the rotation perfectly.

hunters need buffs. my GM says everyone should be doing 80k dps. I'm not even close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Can I ask how much you paid for the weapon?

Though damage may be fine once we get enough gear, I miss the old strength of the 44 cost Explosive Shot. It felt worthy of casting, you know? Now it feels like a filler between our new signature ability, Arcane Shot.