Arcane Torrent @ 90

Is anyone else noticing that Arcane Torrent refunds only 6000 mana at 90? I don't see anything else. It didn't feel weak before 90, so maybe it's bugged for just level 90? It's not just an error with scrolling text; I'm watching my mana itself increase by only 6000 when I have 300,000. Did I miss a nerf to Arcane Torrent or is this a new bug?

Deleted
    was nerfed... gave 18k yday... forcing priests to race change to pandaren
    Last edited by mmocd67fc634cb; 2012-09-28 at 10:24 AM.

I can confirm this, mine is giving 6k too. Meh, I just changed to blood elf for arcane torrent.

Kind of sad that people saw this coming a mile away all through Beta, Blizzard does nothing.
    Hits live, Blizzard does nothing. Mists launches, "oh shit, hotfix"

I mean, really?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Such a shit nerf for healing priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Castnicke View Post
    Meh, I just changed to blood elf for arcane torrent.
    Ditto, nice waste of $25.
    Last edited by DeiVias; 2012-09-29 at 05:08 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as Arcane Torrent was producing over three times the mana of Pandaren/Human racials, this is not remotely surprising. It is just hilarious (in a bad way) how little foresight Blizzard has.

Arcane Torrent is still the best racial in terms of healer mana.

Edit:
    Their hotfix says 6% was unintended but seeing as it was 6% during the entire beta, if it wasn't intended that is an absurdly long time to fix it.
    Last edited by Chimaera; 2012-09-29 at 01:15 PM.

Nice way for them to make $25 for every priest that wants to min/max

Quote Originally Posted by Crusier View Post
    Nice way for them to make $25 for every priest that wants to min/max
    It's still better than Panda/Human. Just not astronomically so.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Priest is a BElf. Ugh. Thanks Blizz. I keep finding more and more reasons why I don't like you guy's anymore.

6k mana is like what? one greater heal? (haven't been on my priest in awhile)
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

6k mana is 250 mp5, still putting it above Human until astronomical spirit levels (in which case we'd have stopped needing it and been gearing for output?) and the Pandaeran racial (whoch of course vanishes on death).

The problem isn't it being nerfed, or why it was nerfed, but why they went through the entire beta without even acknowledging its mana return was so disproportionate compared to the alternatives. Even when brought to their attention, they flat out ignored it. To fix it now really makes a person shake their head and wonder what the hell Blizzard was thinking, or if this is them seeing more issues brought up by Priests, crammibg a finger in their ear and singing as loud as they can hoping we go away (Looking at you, Chakra)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    6k mana is like what? one greater heal? (haven't been on my priest in awhile)
    heal is 5,700 mana
    greater heal is 17,700 mana
    renew is 7,800 mana
    hw:serenity is 6000 mana

Quote Originally Posted by castalya View Post
    heal is 5,700 mana
    greater heal is 17,700 mana
    renew is 7,800 mana
    hw:serenity is 6000 mana
    And 5 casts of Arcane Torrent over an 8 1/2 minute fight is 30k mana that another race just flat out doesn't have. At 90k, that's just too much. 30k is an increase, and within a reasonable margin between the alternatives (like Berserking/Time Is Money/whatever Worgen).

Min Maxers will still choose blood elf, because 30k mana free is still 30k mana. But people who can't be Blood Elf aren't being balanced against a 90k deficit anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    And 5 casts of Arcane Torrent over an 8 1/2 minute fight is 30k mana that another race just flat out doesn't have. At 90k, that's just too much. 30k is an increase, and within a reasonable margin between the alternatives (like Berserking/Time Is Money/whatever Worgen).

Min Maxers will still choose blood elf, because 30k mana free is still 30k mana. But people who can't be Blood Elf aren't being balanced against a 90k deficit anymore.
    yeah i agree, its still a good racial was just mentioning the amounts for that person i quoted

Would guess no one reported it on beta if thats what people complain about
    With all the things going on in a game this large its no suprise they missed 1 ability acting wrong.
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Quote Originally Posted by castalya View Post
    yeah i agree, its still a good racial was just mentioning the amounts for that person i quoted
    *nodnod* I'm just dispelling (purifying? Har har) the persistent notion that "It's only 6k mana, less than any spell". Because that's a really, really misinformed way of looking at things.

---------- Post added 2012-09-29 at 12:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KaziOfTheSkies View Post
    Would guess no one reported it on beta if thats what people complain about
    With all the things going on in a game this large its no suprise they missed 1 ability acting wrong.
    Wrong. People that handle balance and abilities/spells have nothing to do with the content and everything that's going on.

Second, there were several threads pointing out the racial discrepencies, the biggest spearheaded by Derevka himself. They just didn't care.

I would however claim that 2% mana isn't going to matter anywhere.
    6% mattered a LOT. I agree 6% was way too good. It's one of the main reasons I stayed blood elf.
    But now? It may just go off my bars unless I'm horribly mana starved.

Then again, that is the fate of most racial abilities, is it not?
    Rocket barrage, isn't exactly on any casters hotbar these days. And stoneform is only used in PVP.

Arcane Torrent was fun while it lasted. Moving on.

What really ticks me off is not that they nerfed it. That was bound to happen. What bugs me is that they try to mask it as a bugfix.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Arcane Torrent now returns 2% of base mana (was previously an unintended 6%).
    Blizzard: It was intended for the last two expansions. Just admit you rebalanced it, don't label it as a bugfix. That's low.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

After Arcane Torrent made it through early Cataclysm without a nerf, I figured it would never get nerfed. It was comparatively stronger then than it was pre-nerf at 90.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post

Think of it as a second mana potion, that's pretty nice to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Think of it as a second mana potion, that's pretty nice to have.
    Been doing that since BC, actually, when Arcane Torrent (when I could actually use Mana Tap on certain bosses), and Consume Magic would effectively be a second mana potion on a 2 minute cooldown when other healers only had one.