Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hunters are definitely very low on damage at the moment but blizzard will no doubt wait 3 months to fix it because apparently their sims show hunters are fine even though it's very obvious they aren't for anyone who has played 1 at level 90.

I noticed my hunter was struggling as soon as 5.04 came out. I was basically doing the same damage as survival before and after the patch and although BM got a boost it was still only doing about the same damage survival (give or take a couple of k dps). Most of the other dps in my guild gained 10-15 k dps with our warlock, boomkin and mage being the most noticeably improved. I hoped that maybe things would be different at max level when everyone had their full set of talents and abilites.... I was wrong.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2012-09-30 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Hunters are definitely very low on damage at the moment but blizzard will no doubt wait 3 months to fix it because apparently their sims apparently show hunters are fine even though it's very obvious they aren't for anyone who has played 1 at level 90.

I noticed my hunter was struggling as soon as 5.04 came out. I was basically doing the same damage as survival before and after the patch and although BM got a boost it was sitill only doing about the same damage survival (give or take a couple of k dps). Most of the other dps in my guild gained 10-15 k dps with our warlock, boomkin and mage being the most noticeably improved. I hoped that maybe things would be different at max level when everyone had their full set of talents and abilites.... I was wrong.

hunters dmg is lacking, im doing about 70k with bis pre raid gear atm

Please no name calling or harassment.
    Last edited by Renley; 2012-10-01 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    Can I ask how much you paid for the weapon?
    20K. Bought BiS 509 belt from the BMAH last night for 96K now, too. 467 Ilvl, missing my 463 cloak from hcs still, stuck with a 450 -_-.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Hunters are definitely very low on damage at the moment but blizzard will no doubt wait 3 months to fix it because apparently their sims show hunters are fine even though it's very obvious they aren't for anyone who has played 1 at level 90.

I noticed my hunter was struggling as soon as 5.04 came out. I was basically doing the same damage as survival before and after the patch and although BM got a boost it was still only doing about the same damage survival (give or take a couple of k dps). Most of the other dps in my guild gained 10-15 k dps with our warlock, boomkin and mage being the most noticeably improved. I hoped that maybe things would be different at max level when everyone had their full set of talents and abilites.... I was wrong.
    Learn to play issue. Hunters are doing fine compared to equally skilled, equally geared people, as soon as you learn to incorporate all your new abilities. And for god sake, don't go BM, the spec is just horrible. Know why it sims out to do more dps than Surv/MM? Because it needs the buff to make up for how horrible the pet AI and spec overall is, or it'd just be miles behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovacor View Post
    Not calling you out or anything but can we get an Armory link?

OT; I am not getting to bent out of shape over the lack of damage considering it's always like this for Hunters, we simple do not scale as well as other classes. Though, I would be a liar if I said it wasn't getting to me. Whenever I am grouped with a balance Druid, elemental Shaman or a ret paladin they just blow me out of the water.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Saved/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Indless View Post
    hunters dmg is lacking you must suck dick, im doing about 70k with bis pre raid gear atm
    screenshot of you doing 70k on a single target with no special buffs/debuffs and no adds, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    screenshot of you doing 70k on a single target with no special buffs/debuffs and no adds, please.
    Depends on how long the fight is, anyway. I just went at the boss in Gate of the setting sun with a guild group, first one (with the bomberman bombs) - 86K dps from me, 86K dps ele shaman, 72K dps warlock, 40K dps feral tank, 36K dps resto shaman. Died in less than 20 seconds. No issues bursting +70k with such a short fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Learn to play issue. Hunters are doing fine compared to equally skilled, equally geared people, as soon as you learn to incorporate all your new abilities. And for god sake, don't go BM, the spec is just horrible. Know why it sims out to do more dps than Surv/MM? Because it needs the buff to make up for how horrible the pet AI and spec overall is, or it'd just be miles behind.
    Pretty much agree with this. What we're seeing now is a clear separation between skilled hunters and average hunters. Now that we have to manage more CD's effectively the skill gap has opened up more so a good SV hunter will do some sweet damage and average ones will be a fair jump behind them. I'm at Ilvl 454 and do over 50k on most bosses now on average excluding gimmicks and stuff. I'm by no means a great player but I'm happy sitting back at the top of my DPS meters in guild runs again.

Generally I read the 'my dps is terrible' posts and think that those posting them are just not as good as they believed themselves to be or haven't adapted to the more CD orientated style of play we are faced with currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    What macros are you guys using? Most of the problem for me is that I had to setup auras (weakauras) to see when all my CDs were up to the point where it's almost like my action bar is duplicated in the center of my screen.

It just feels like I need to get the muscle memory of it all down but I am still iffy on priority/rotation and any macros that might make things a lot easier.

I want this hunter thing to work out. I've loved hunter since BC and I don't want to give up 100% on it just yet. Not only that, I want to be ready for raiding on Tues. Nothing makes me more upset in WoW than when -I- am holding people back.

Depends on how long the fight is, anyway. I just went at the boss in Gate of the setting sun with a guild group, first one (with the bomberman bombs) - 86K dps from me, 86K dps ele shaman, 72K dps warlock, 40K dps feral tank, 36K dps resto shaman. Died in less than 20 seconds. No issues bursting +70k with such a short fight.
    So you not only used blood lust, but you're saying you did 86k, of course you did with that weapon you bought.

Is there a proper thread open for "How To" Survival 5.0.5 yet? I currently have no idea what our starting rotation should be, been doing the following in HCs(460 ilvl):
    HM > SS > aMoC > Glaive > RF+Cobra > BA > Readiness+Stampede > ES > Glaive

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Draco? You're replying to people who are asking questions of others. Not you. I get you're enthused, but wneh Kezzik asks Indless for something, you replying isn't all that meaningful. Several people here have said "I'm doing fine..." and not provided any links, logs, etc. When other experienced people are behind that it's perfectly reasonable to ask those people who claim it's fine to back up their claims.

On topic, no one's really talking burst or short AOE - it's DPS across an instance. With short timeframes you can prove anything from hunters suck to hunters rule.

Deleted
    As BM i beat the most people i've encountered in HC on singletargets, AOE is crap tho but SV with ToTH is awesome.

Hunters dmg always sucks at the beginning of the expansion it will go up, dont worry

Actually hunters were very strong during the beginning of Cataclysm and then they fell behind because of the nerfs + bad scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Hey Draco? You're replying to people who are asking questions of others. Not you. I get you're enthused, but wneh Kezzik asks Indless for something, you replying isn't all that meaningful. Several people here have said "I'm doing fine..." and not provided any links, logs, etc. When other experienced people are behind that it's perfectly reasonable to ask those people who claim it's fine to back up their claims.

On topic, no one's really talking burst or short AOE - it's DPS across an instance. With short timeframes you can prove anything from hunters suck to hunters rule.
    I don't really see who else was asked to verify their character other than me, and I posted a link. At one point during Dragonsoul, I had top 25 parses on every single fight in the instance, and of those, most likely the only to do so without VoS. Heck, my Ultraxion parse @ 5% buff was top 10 for almost 3 months I believe, or maybe it was 10% buff. Either way, I have a proven track record, raid in a high end guild, and I find my damage to be more than fine. I'm going to step out of this thread though as it serves absolutely no purpose.

Unhappy

Fully agree about BM. Detest that spec and the god awful pet AI. Got to ask though, what's your opening "rotation" on a boss pull asuming all abilities are on CD?

10+ Year Old Account
    hunters need buffs. my GM says everyone should be doing 80k dps. I'm not even close to that.
    That's probably because your GM is an imbecile, no offense.

80k cleaving for a few classes? Maybe.
    80k on AoE? Absolutely.
    80k single target over a 5+ minute fight? Not going to happen until 476+ item level.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrowi View Post
    Hunters dmg always sucks at the beginning of the expansion it will go up, dont worry
    What?

In the past Hunters have always been top DPS in the early tiers because we had multiple huge static AP bonuses early on. Now we have scaling AP bonuses instead, so we're not as OP as we used to be in early tiers, but we scale much better. Not sure what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Marxman; 2012-09-30 at 10:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Fully agree about BM. Detest that spec and the god awful pet AI. Got to ask though, what's your opening "rotation" on a boss pull asuming all abilities are on CD?
    You werent asking me but here's my opening macro, with 450 ilvl and the most buffs i burst out around 100-110k dps on a single target.
    Start with HM -> SrS -> RF -> Stampade and then spam the shit out of the macro.

#showtooltip Readiness
    /castsequence reset=40/ Bestial Wrath, Lynx Rush, Kill Command, Dire Beast, Glaive Toss, Readiness, Kill Command, Lynx Rush, Dire Beast, Glaive Toss, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Bestial Wrath, Kill Command, Serpent Sting

when the BW runs out pop the last RF.

Deleted
    Bursted 98k dps on the first boss of GSS, without LUST. Make sure you are specced, reforged properly.

I have to agree with Draco, if you cannot do decent burst as BM, you obviously suck as a hunter.

Note : On very short burst fights, aka heroics it's better to use barrage since it will bring up your burst by quite a bit.

My burst goes like this :

Stampede > Lynx Rush > BW/RF > DB > Barrage > Readiness > Lynx Rush > BW/RF > DB > Barrage
    Last edited by mmoc19ee780deb; 2012-10-01 at 02:47 AM.

So you not only used blood lust, but you're saying you did 86k, of course you did with that weapon you bought.
    I don't see what that has to do with anything. Without even attempting, I did significantly (20%) more burst than what is claimed. I was just trying to reinforce the guy who said he did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Is there a proper thread open for "How To" Survival 5.0.5 yet? I currently have no idea what our starting rotation should be, been doing the following in HCs(460 ilvl):
    HM > SS > aMoC > Glaive > RF+Cobra > BA > Readiness+Stampede > ES > Glaive
    Don't think so.
    In any case, Serpent sting is FAR down the prio list now, as there's no more 10% damage buff. Only 1 focus/sec regen, and the semi-weak dot.
    My opening is usually:
    Explo.
    BA.
    Glaive.
    *activate rapid fire*
    CS (gets me back up to 60 focus).
    AMOC.
    CS.
    Stampede (1 GBC to regain focus so I can do next Explo).
    Explo.
    CS
    CS
    Serpent sting.

As you can see, serpent sting isn't even close to being at the start, because the bonus it gives is very insignificant compared to cata.
    AMOC is theoretically the highest dps ability, and SHOULD be used first, but the huge focus cost makes that inconvinient, along with the fact that the CD is reset after using Readiness - which means that as long as you do not lose OUT on a AMOC over the fight (which you won't, as the duration is half a minute = 5 seconds wasted is nothing), it can be used later than your up-front abilities.

I personally don't bother with hunters mark anymore, due to the glyph. Useless keybind is useless.
    Note that for Heroics spam, you may be better off with Lynx Rush over AMOC, as it is far easier to use (no focus cost), and can be used on CD for trash, while AMOC is *only* usefull against bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

I don't see the issue. You didn't believe someone was bursting 70K singletarget, I'm telling you that 70K isn't really that high of a number for a surv hunter, and a BM hunter should easily break 100K in proper gear. I'm doing 70K throughout instances now, the only other class I've seen do that is the elementals in my guild and a frost DK. What do you want links from? 5 man heroic WOL runs? Not going to bother. Fact is, if you guys really QQ enough to get hunters buffed, we'll be so extremely OP that we will smash everything, which is always fun I guess.
    Besides, unless you take pictures of every heroic instance DPS you do, then you know that he won't be able to provide any "pictures" or "proof" without going to the hassle of completing another dungeon and making a picture, which means you're just trying to discredit him because you know he has no proof at hand.

And guys, play nice, less name-calling.