Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    When as a warlock on level 20 you had to journey to Thousand Needles to finish your voidwalker quest. For alliance lock that was quite epic adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    and you needed to enchant a special set of gloves for skinning as it required skinning higher than max.
    If I remember correctly you needed the finkle skinner that dropped from him, with +10 skinning, I don't think the gloves (+5) If I remember correctly, where enough.

How you know people didn't play Vanilla.

When OP responds "Alliance did have the Ice Lord!" when Lok was the horde summon, the tree dude was alliance. And each time they killed someone, they got stronger. Just an FYI
    Also, to who said you grinding "5-6 weeks of your life for R14" you grinding more than that, and had to earn your way to the "A team, B Team, C Team" as well as "no one under this rank is with this group, and you cannot go over this amount of honor or else it will mess up his weekly gain for HWL / GM"

You also played vanilla if you:
    -rarely EVER took your 31 point talent.
    -Totems were group only, so make sure you got a shaman in Group 1 aka tank group with the warlock for his imp.
    -you grinding your ass off for Argent Dawn rep to do Naxx, because arcane crystals were too damn much and a p.i.t.a to get
    -You screamed PoM Pyro mages had no skill because it was all luck or they were screwed if they didn't kill you within the 2 seconds they tried to burst you down.
    -Ally claimed horde OP cause of shamans, and horde claimed ally was OP cause of Pallys.
    -MC'd the mob in Blackrock Spire for the +80-83 Fire Resistance 'Debuff' that actually benefited you.
    -Knew the whole Ragnaros speech by heart and still do to this day because you farmed to 190301235123 + times.

Deleted
    Paying 50g for someone to open UBRS door. /w me

When the only reason you rolled an undead priest was due to devouring plague.

Quote Originally Posted by lolo855 View Post
    If I remember correctly you needed the finkle skinner that dropped from him, with +10 skinning, I don't think the gloves (+5) If I remember correctly, where enough.
    You are correct. Finkle's Skinning Knife was required, not the glove enchant.

You played vanilla if you remember a time without summoning stones.
    You played vanilla if you participtated in an AV lasting several hours or even days.
    You played vanilla if you remember Southshore or Astranaar world pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    You played Vanilla if you know the name, Rohk'delar.
    You played Vanilla if, even after completing an instance such as Gnomeregan, you felt proud, powerful and satisfied.
    You played Vanilla if you still own a Whirlwind Blade or a Whirlwind Axe in your Bank.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now that we have account-wide achievements, here's one.

They have the FoS for getting a vanilla PvP title.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    LFG Jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    LFG Jailbreak.
    This reminds me of one

ALLIANCE HAS IT EZ BECAUSE WARLORD'S COMMAND WAS HARDER THAN JAILBREAK

caps mandatory

Not sure when they took it out, of if shamans still g2 do it, but when you had to do a ridiculous quest chain for each of your totem elements.
    and i dont know if people mentioned the obvious one, when mail intel gear dropped for alliance raids.

Deleted
    When you used two trinkets at the same time to oneshot people.
    AP+ToEP+ZHC+PoM Pyro anyone?

yeah but too bad you cant display those titles, i have a Sergeant ally title and Lieutenant General horde title, i would love to display them over my new toons.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    You played vanilla when Trade chat was world global

10+ Year Old Account
    When you did the Paladin Charger chain pre multiple patches which made it significantly easier quest, instance, and class-wise during vanilla, they were welcomed changes though.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2012-09-30 at 10:10 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Deleted
    You played Vanilla when you rolled a dwarf priest just for the fear ward.
    You played Vanilla when when undead where immune to sheep but could be shackled.
    you played Vanilla when you remember that you had to pay 1000g for every epic mount.
    You played Vanilla when you don't complain when you hae to pay a crafting fee because lvl'ing professions and gathering patterns for them was actually time soaking.
    You played Vanilla when you still feel a certain anxiety while walking in BRM or arround STV, to be more specific, near Gurubashi.
    You played Vanilla when you know what a Tribute run is.
    You played Vanilla when you believed in RNG superstition, like throwing yourself in the scorched rocks before domo as a sacrifice for the loot gods (leaf/eye).
    You played Vanilla when you understand the value of the "patern: cindercloack".

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    You played vanilla if you know you had to pay 1kg for epic riding.
    i remember when i finally farmed enough for this. was one of the greatest achievements for me back then. haha!

OT. hunters had quivers that added 15% haste, and were also an ammo bag.

a lot of the other shit i remember was already mentioned tho.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Easy.. they quit WoW sometime during Wrath because it was never the same after BC...
    I started in early 06 and i'm still around
    Druid since Feb. 06

Quote Originally Posted by bybis View Post
    You played vanilla if you enjoyed running on feet until level 40
    Yeah except early on a lot of us 'enjoyed' running on foot, until 60. Who actually had 100g from questing back then?