Deleted

mop boomkin stats

Hello, could anyone tell me whats the new stat prio for boomkins, as crit is now a stronger stat. From what I've heard it's either crit>haste>mastery or haste>crit>mastery with hit cap in both ofc.

Deleted
    At the moment I go for 5273 haste for the extra dot tick with Nature's Grace, after that I prioritize crit

I'm going with all crit atm, then mastery and for now haste is too scarce on gear for me to stack it. So far the crit has helped me hit eclipses while still having one eclipsed dot up and with the SS procs and mastery buffing those dots that are up

Imo hit>crit>haste ~12.47%>mastery
    This bro quit the game but still loves the game and will be back for MoP!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enderox View Post
    At the moment I go for 5273 haste for the extra dot tick with Nature's Grace, after that I prioritize crit
    That's pretty not right.

The one extra dot tick is not worth sacrificing that much crit
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    It's not only giving you an extra dot tick

anyway I'm not entirely sure if it's better but it feels good to have the haste to get in eclipses faster without having to clip dots or have them running out
    Last edited by mmoc2cdf611587; 2012-09-30 at 08:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not only giving you an extra dot tick

anyway I'm not entirely sure if it's better but it feels good to have the haste to get in eclipses faster without having to clip dots or have them running out
    Save your breath. You are arguing with Sunfyre lol

But seriously, yes the extra haste gives you an extra tick, a TINY bit of a faster cast, and gets you a TINY bit faster eclipses. But the new crit mechanics in place far outweigh haste.

1. Crit is well, crit- you crit=more damage.
    2. Crits from Wrath/Starfire extend your dots- This stacks...so instead of one extra tick from haste, you get 2 seconds every crit(roughly equivalent to an extra tick in itself)
    3. DoT crits proc Shooting Stars, Instant Starsurge, which grant energy, moving your eclipse bar faster than a haste wrath/starfire
    4. I personally have seen 3 back to back Shooting Stars procs, and I'm only at 88 atm and still leveling. I went into Eclipse in 3 GCDS. Tell me when haste lets you do that.
    >(^v^)< <(^v^)> >(^v^)< <(^v^)> ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^ ^(^v^)v <(^v^<) <(___)> (>^v^)> <(^v^)> >(^v^)< ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^
    - Moonkin Dance: It's better than yours

My Armory

Deleted
    While all of what you state is true I think you miss the bigger picture.

You getting 3 surge procs in a row on 88 doesn't mean it'll be any better on 90, quite the opposite instead due to stat scaling.
    Also, I'm not saying I am going all out on haste, I still have near 4k crit in stats.

The extra dot tick also provides you an extra chance to get a surge proc, sure if you crit you extent the dot time giving you extra ticks aswell, but you'll have to refresh dots soon or later anyway in eclipse.

At the moment I'm thinking single target the haste is better, when you have more targets, the crit will be better as that will surely get you a lot more surge procs and you might dot the extra targets without Nature's Grace up, making the haste a lot less useful.

If you don't really like min-maxing stuff then going for crit only might be better overall, as most boss fights have more than 1 target.

It's worth mentioning that stat weights will vary by fight, and that if you use a Reforging addon and have the new mount with the reforger that you might want to switch reforging based on the fight. Patchwerk is the beginning the story with stat weights, but it isn't the end.

Deleted
    pretty simple atm int>hit>crit>haste>mastery.

Deleted
    I go for hit>crit>haste>mastery in reforging.
    And i agree totally with the crit being the main stat in ou mechanic atm to push our dps.

I would just like to ask how you guys are prioritising aoe dps atm. I tried multidotting like i did in cata, but the dots are ticking low dmg and dont last as long that its a hard effort to keep up so i usually do this with about up to 5 targets maximum (but i dont get close to topping the meter), however with more mobs i find its just better to dot once for NG and use hurricane. obv starfall on all aoe situations.

What i am really asking is, is there any point multidotting for aoe?

I agree with crit being the best stat right now. Anything haste does is easily outweighed by the crit benefits. Dots gaining a tick (thereby dealing more damage) and casting a bit faster to push eclipses is all covered by crit - crits extend dot durations (which increases dot damage just as an extra tick would, except more than just one extra tick), and starsurge procs push that eclipse faster than a few points of seconds off your casts. You hit your next eclipse faster and it's more likely your dots won't run out before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingblaze View Post
    I would just like to ask how you guys are prioritising aoe dps atm. I tried multidotting like i did in cata, but the dots are ticking low dmg and dont last as long that its a hard effort to keep up so i usually do this with about up to 5 targets maximum (but i dont get close to topping the meter), however with more mobs i find its just better to dot once for NG and use hurricane. obv starfall on all aoe situations.

What i am really asking is, is there any point multidotting for aoe?
    We had some discussion on this in the moonkin guide http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post18595415. Multidotting seems a bit weak right now. With fewer than 4-5 mobs, single targetting is actually sadly more effective than attempting to multidot and aoe, and we can't really do much more than cast hurricane for larger aoe packs. That is what I've gathered so far. It's likely that our spells just aren't up to par, or that we scale particularly poorly with lower ilvl gear compared to other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    With fewer than 4-5 mobs, single targetting is actually sadly more effective than attempting to multidot and aoe, and we can't really do much more than cast hurricane for larger aoe packs.
    This very much surprises me. Isn't an Eclipsed DoT our DPCT spell? I can understand continuing single target until gaining Eclipsed, but I'm confused by why multidotting in Eclipse wouldn't be more potent than continuing single target (provided a mob will last long enough for ticks).
    Last edited by Spectral; 2012-10-01 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This very much surprises me. Isn't an Eclipsed DoT our highest cast time spell? I can understand continuing single target until gaining Eclipsed, but I'm confused by why multidotting in Eclipse wouldn't be more potent than continuing single target (provided a mob will last long enough for ticks).
    I'm not very good at math, but I can tell you the results of trying to mult dot vs. just single targetting - my damage gets confused for a pet's on the meter. I've been testing and retesting multidotting vs. single targetting, and it's just so obvious of a difference. In general, I feel like my dots are weak. I can't give you any good math, but that's what I'm getting from the experience.

To elaborate, I feel that multidotting in an aoe situation where the mobs will be shortlived is part of the problem. With other classes having such stronger aoe anyway, the mobs die before our multidot can even be used to its fullest strength. This may be what causes it to fall behind so strongly. In a group of three or four mobs, the one that will die the quickest is, effectively, random. You could deduce through how many people are targetting what, but that can change and is entirely unreliable, therefore you may be wasting dots on a mob that will die in the next 3 seconds instead of just getting in whatever nukes you can before the pull is over.
    Last edited by Pascal; 2012-10-01 at 12:02 AM.

Deleted
    Multi dotting does give you higher single target dps, that is if you have enough crit to cover a lot of starsurge procs(this was tested on lvl 85 1 week before MoP hit, so it might not be like that with the poor haste/crit we have in MoP first tier), and yes Pascal you're right, moonkins scale very poorly with gear compared to other classes

Multi dotting does give you higher single target dps, that is if you have enough crit to cover a lot of starsurge procs(this was tested on lvl 85 1 week before MoP hit, so it might not be like that with the poor haste/crit we have in MoP first tier), and yes Pascal you're right, moonkins scale very poorly with gear compared to other classes
    Do you mean in an aoe situation, combining multi dotting and single target? My experiences show me that unless there are only two or three mobs, and only if they will live more than ~13 seconds each, multidotting isn't worth it as you will never recover from the slow intro dps from casting all the dots. By the time you finish casting your dots and start single targetting, half of the mobs are dead and you only get a few casts off. If the mobs will only live a short time, and when you're in a group where the aoe is not distributed evenly (i.e., one or two mobs are already half health/dead in 3 seconds, while the others haven't been damaged much) it's a gamble as to whether or not casting those dots in the first place will pay off. They've been wasted on the mob that died nearly instantly and you spent all that time casting dots while everything else was dying to the mage's and dk's over the top spectacular aoe dps.

As for anything tested at 85, I can tell you right now that there's no way any of it is applicable at this gear level. At 85 after 5.0.4 I was cruising in and out of eclipse states without dots falling off, more starsurge procs than I could handle, and aoe mushrooms that were actually worth placing. I'm not sure that I'm even doing more DPS now than I was last week.

"Peace is a lie"

Deleted
    I mean that when there's a more than one target for a longer period of time, then multi dotting is a single target dps increase, think of Shannox and his hounds for example.

Obviously you don't want to waste globals dotting something that dies in a couple of seconds : )

It's too bad our dots do this low dmg and don't last as long, we're not that strong on trash/adds anymore, but we're still in a good spot for boss fights, just cycle your cd's properly

Well, we were talking about five man aoe. Boss fights are standard procedure, but pretty much all of us are in quite the quandary about how the heck we're supposed to be competitive on trash, considering how we're all pretty used to kicking everyone's ass in that department. The old tactics don't work anymore. Dots used to be strong enough that I could multidot a short lived trash pack and still be first, but I do that now and I'm 4% of total damage for that pull.

Deleted
    5man trash with multiple targets seems kinda odd to aoe. Multidotting is useless cause they seem to die too fast and if you're not in right eclipse you can't use hurricane. Which is way too powerfull compared to astral storm. Atm to be in par with other classes in this gear level on trash (lol who really cares) it seems that we need to stayin solar and just spam hurricane after hurricane. Higher ilvl gear prob helps to address this issue once again.