Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    You sound like you've been really unlucky with all your groups, as in a L2P issue. The boss is fine (although annoying), people just need to use their utilities.

Did this with all 89 groups at first and didnt have issues. Don't leave the adds up don't let ppl get chain stunned and loot. It really is that simple. Things can quickly go south if you have ppl get nailed by the ww, dps doesn't kill the barmaids/adds, the tank doesnt grab threat on adds or you have a tank/healer that can't drink to remove the debuff.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Sorry but you're just bad. I'm not even 90, but I can tell you I've never heard discussion of wipes on him on vent, only them getting their trinkets.

Deleted
    Healed it at lvl 89 as well with little trouble. Went oom at the end of the fight, but none died. He is pretty easy even in non-heroic gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me and my friends downed him in greens. You and your crew should look more into yourself instead of gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by FeenixUnity View Post
    Sorry but you're just bad. I'm not even 90, but I can tell you I've never heard discussion of wipes on him on vent, only them getting their trinkets.

Yes because I can magically make the other 4 people in the group fail. So far no one has even done over 25k DPS. How is that my fault? Because I cant make the rest of the group play right thats my fault and makes me bad? Where do you come up with that retard logic

---------- Post added 2012-09-30 at 09:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    You and your crew should look more into yourself instead of gear.
    Cause I can control what I get from LFD.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-10-01 at 01:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has to be a troll.. for the sake of humanity.. please..
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I jumped into direbrew as a holy pally as soon as I was 90 because I figured it would be an easy way to get a few epic trinkets. It was pretty damn rough in my crappy i430ish gear but definitely doable. Dont stand in the whirlwind and get rid of your brews so you dont get stunned. Its a l2play issue for your groups i think. Dps should easily be doing 25-30k at 90, 45k+ if they have some heroic gear.

Deleted
    This has to be a joke, a bigger one than the boss itself I mean

The boss fight itself is straight forward and simple, but how do tanks avoid the chain disorient? So far that's been the only problem I've faced.

I found him fairly simple (was a pain at lvl 89 when I was still mostly in DS gear and severely lacking in hit) but other than 1 particularly bad group I didn't have much trouble with this guy.

About what I found more WTF about this fight was the fact that he only seems to drop the goddamn stam and dodge trinkets. A bunch of guildies and I have been farming him since Brewfest started and some of us only got our trinkets last night, and some not even at all. Probably just really bad luck with loot but still. Meh.

Hmm. Five times here, no fails. *shrugs*

10+ Year Old Account
    Three reasons why Direbrew is hard.

1. Underleveled.

2. Undergeared.

3. Learn how to play your f'in class and stop expecting to get carried. Nobody is asking you to stare at a spreadsheet all day, just the remedial shit.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

I haven't had any issues doing it. Here's what you tell your group.

1.) Don't suck.

2.) STACK ON THE FRIGGIN TANK! (no really, it's so annoying when I'm trying to tank and the freaking healer and ranged dps are all running all throughout the damn room, running AWAY from me, expecting me to pick mobs up).

3.) Splash aoe mobs (such as multi dotting as a warlock, using cleaves, howling blast, death and decay, mind sear replacing mind flay, etc).

4.) Don't suck.

Yes I have to put dont' suck in there twice because I generally wind up doing 40%-45% of the damage myself as a tank, doing 40k-50k dps while other dps pull barely 20k. Either way still haven't wiped on it. If your healer isn't crap you'll have no problems really.

I've only done it once so far (dinged 89 on my warrior today), and me and the healer died near the end cause the tank kept getting kegged. Took longer than I was used to but it didn't seem harder.

The boss isn't tough, it's people (dps mainly) not moving out of the direbrew disarm whirlwind thing. That's when low geared healers tend to run out of mana if the tank is also a crap player to begin with.

If people pay attention, it's a breeze. If not, it can be a nightmare.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Next year he'll be back to being "faceroll". You just don't overgear him to the point you can kill him in 10 seconds now.

He's still easy, just takes a hell of a lot longer than the previous year's "Let's see if we can kill him in 30s" zerg. I do notice that a melee dies almost every time due to not moving out of the whirlwind, but that's the limit of my problems. As a tank I actually have to roll cooldowns, which is a good thing, and make sure my camera is turned so I can see if any adds are coming to eat the healer.

Deleted
    Haha, this thread really made my day. Coren Direbrew a "rape machine" xD Thanks OP!

Deleted
    I can understand some players finding him a bit challenging, but not to the point where it is un reasonable and needs to be changed. He does drop epic trinkets which for a newly dinged 90 are amazing.