Thread: Stampede Usage

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    most definitely is affected by BW since your damage is increased by 10%

what i want to know more than anything is if the stats update dynamically like crows or is it a snapshot
    I googled it and stampade does not benefit from BW, Beast cleave or kill command.
    Here is one of the many results i got ->
    http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/...details-video/

Deleted
    it does befit from haste increase as it increases the pets focus regen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    I googled it and stampade does not benefit from BW, Beast cleave or kill command.
    Here is one of the many results i got ->
    http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/...details-video/
    that video is old
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by danightryder View Post
    that video is old
    It is but it's still correct.
    But if you are sitting on some other info that proves it to be wrong please share it.

im going to do some testing today with it, just annoying as hell with the 5 minute cooldown.

Deleted
    im going to do some testing today with it, just annoying as hell with the 5 minute cooldown.
    So, have you come to any conclusion?

testing is under way now (5minute cooldown whyyyyyyyyy) this post will be updated with relevant screenies as i get them.

5 spirit beasts
    no rabid
    no claw
    spirit beast blessing
    trueshot aura
    aspect of the hawk

Same as above, BW was popped just before summoning pets.

Even from this small sample size it seems BW has no effect on summoned pets via stampede.

Flashing Steel Talisman popped just before summoning pets

It seems increasing your attack power does indeed have an effect on the summoned pets (as expected) now the last test will be to see if they update dynamically rather than snapshot.

This screen was captured 10 seconds into the stampede with no buffs of any kind save for the ones stated in the first screen.

This screen was captured after stampede had ended and I had used my trinket once again right after the first screenshot was taken.

So it's not conclusive but it seems the stampede pets do update dynamically to changes in attack power and possibly crit

TL;DR

Stampede isn't affected by BW, it is affected by attack power and crit.
    Stampede updates dynamically with attack power and crit so you can use it whenever you feel like it however the best use would be to time it with your cds.
    Stampede being affected by +% damage buffs is unknown at the moment.
    Last edited by Illana; 2012-09-30 at 09:10 PM.

Deleted
    testing is under way now (5minute cooldown whyyyyyyyyy) this post will be updated with relevant screenies as i get them.

5 spirit beasts
    no rabid
    no claw
    spirit beast blessing
    trueshot aura
    aspect of the hawk

Same as above, BW was popped just before summoning pets.

Even from this small sample size it seems BW has no effect on summoned pets via stampede.
    So the hunterunion was correct, they do not benefit from BW.

If there is a huge aoe burst part coming up and I know I can't get a second stampede within the fight, I save it and unleash worm aoe when said aoe phase comes.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-10-01 at 09:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    CD for boss fights or super-trash.

Deleted
    Do stampeding pets benefit from fervor ?

pop stampede right after you get a proc or use something to increase your damage, the pets will benefit from the stat increases.

Also I recommend using glyph of stampede, it will make sure all 5 pets are the same spec and can use rabid.
    NO, dont glyph stampede

have 5 unique badass pets, so you can be your OWN RAID

atm in heroics when i pop stampede, i bring,

cat +3000 mastery
    wolf +5% crit
    hyena +10% haste
    wind serpent +8% spell damage
    Raptor +4% armor reduction stacking 3 times

im Marksman and its going good, for the build i use i use

http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculat...KLI5KeTLKjA12O

Quote Originally Posted by Atomsk69 View Post
    NO, dont glyph stampede

have 5 unique badass pets, so you can be your OWN RAID

atm in heroics when i pop stampede, i bring,

cat +3000 mastery
    wolf +5% crit
    hyena +10% haste
    wind serpent +8% spell damage
    Raptor +4% armor reduction stacking 3 times

im Marksman and its going good, for the build i use i use

http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculat...KLI5KeTLKjA12O
    and what if you're not just a pve hero and you carry pvp pets? Also sometimes have a BM spec with exotics?

right, didn't really think that through did you.

If you're *not* BM and you use Stampede with exotic pets in the stable, the exotics are "replaced" by copies of your current pet for the stampede.

I have the glyph in my SV spec because I have a BM spec I raid with and only two of my pets are SV-friendly at the moment.

If you're SV and cast Stampede with 3 exotic pets, guess what, your stampede only gets two pets. LoL.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I have the glyph in my SV spec because I have a BM spec I raid with and only two of my pets are SV-friendly at the moment.

If you're SV and cast Stampede with 3 exotic pets, guess what, your stampede only gets two pets. LoL.
    No, you get 1 non-exotic from your stable and 3 copies of whatever pet you are using as SV. That is, unless they broke it recently. The glyph is only needed if you want all of them to match your current pet for personal reasons. You don't ever need to use the glyph to make sure that you have the correct number of usable pets.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

Nope. If you have 3 exotic pets, while being sv/mm, it will make copies of your non exotic main pet.
    Example, you have 3 spirit beasts, a wolf and a cat (main). You pop Stampede. You will see 4 cats and 1 wolf.

Oh, and don't use the stampede glyph. If your pet has rabid on cd, all the pets that appear with stampede will have rabid on cd as well, making them do less dmg, vs 5 different pets, with your main pet having rabid on cd, but the other 4 using rabid.
    Last edited by WarBringerPT; 2012-10-05 at 03:29 PM.

why not just save rabid for stampede =S?

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    Oh, and don't use the stampede glyph. If your pet has rabid on cd, all the pets that appear with stampede will have rabid on cd as well, making them do less dmg, vs 5 different pets, with your main pet having rabid on cd, but the other 4 using rabid.
    I tested this on the target dummy yesterday and found different results. I used the glyph of stampede and triggered rabid on my pet and waited for the buff to fall off. I then cast stampede. The 4 pet clones had the rabid buff when I checked them. Possibly this was hotfixed or is not consistant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutty View Post
    I tested this on the target dummy yesterday and found different results. I used the glyph of stampede and triggered rabid on my pet and waited for the buff to fall off. I then cast stampede. The 4 pet clones had the rabid buff when I checked them. Possibly this was hotfixed or is not consistant.
    i've seen this as well. i'm pretty sure it was fixed (i do know that this was a major issue at one point, but it seems to be fine now)

i think someone asked, but wasn't answered. does fervor affect the pets?
    Ask yourself a question: 'How have I made the world a better place today?'.

If your answer isn't legitimate, or meaningful: TRY HARDER - YOU ARE FAILING AT RL!

You are the product of 200 million years of evolution. Act Like It!