Thread: DK PvP at 90?

10+ Year Old Account

Cool DK PvP at 90?

Hey guys,
    I decided to level my DK as my main for Mists since they are so fun to play! ^.^
    Any of you guys tried out the pvp aspects of the DK at 90 yet? How are they?
    I'm planning on going Frost PvP, maybe Blood?

Anyways, let me know what you think about your 90 DK so far in pvp!
    Thank you!
    Qui a rejeté son démon nous importune avec ses anges.
    -Henri Michaux

Deleted
    As a mage, facing a deathknight is absolutely horrifying.
    They got dispell, root / snare grip silence and a freakishly short CD on antimagic shell + icebound.
    And to top it of they do just as much ranged damage as melee.

Oh, i totally forgot about the ridiculous self healing.....

Well, I did PvP as Frost a fair amount on Beta. When I got the gear and gemmed mostly resi+PvP power I felt stronger and not that squishy as DK's usually feel.
    2H with Resi+Strength, PvP power in blues and haste>mastery priority worked best in my opinion. And it was a lot easier to score kills.

Now, Blood PvP is interesting. It puts out enormous amounts of DPS as of now, and the survival is great. It's been a while since I played though, so that might have changed since then. But I do know for a fact that Blood DK's almost outdps' DPS classes in dungeons and I certainly did out damage a lot of players in BG's on Beta just a few weeks back.

(Note: Before beta I hadn't played on live for 3 months so I might have been out of my game - Frost Spec.)

2h frost was better in Cata.

We're using less abilities now. It's all about Obliterate so we're quite weak against plate-classes.
    Frost Strike is also very weak compared to what it used to be.
    Used to be about FS/NS/HB/Obliterate, now it's just Obliterate really.

Soul Reaper sucks compared to merciless combat (in pvp).
    Much downtime if we use anything else then Obliterate (as 2h)

Frost should be about runic power not runes, as the talent-description says. FS should be our main damaging-skill (as in Cata), not Obliterate. Double-rune as main-damaging skill simply does not work in many situations where we have to use other rune-skills.

Btw. Blood is not good in pvp, never been either (was a little good when Vengance worked in pvp). Too low damage/burst. And yes, you can go in a big horde/alliance group in a BG and spam aoe because you'll survive longer then other melees, but any tank can do that and it is not a useful way to kill enemies, you'll deal damage, but you won't kill anything.
    All you can kill are warriors mabye.
    Last edited by Wrien; 2012-10-01 at 01:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    2h frost was better in Cata.

We're using less abilities now. It's all about Obliterate so we're quite weak against plate-classes.
    Frost Strike is also very weak compared to what it used to be.
    Used to be about FS/NS/HB/Obliterate, now it's just Obliterate really.

Soul Reaper sucks compared to merciless combat (in pvp).
    Much downtime if we use anything else then Obliterate (as 2h)

Frost should be about runic power not runes, as the talent-description says. FS should be our main damaging-skill (as in Cata), not Obliterate. Double-rune as main-damaging skill simply does not work in many situations where we have to use other rune-skills.

Btw. Blood is not good in pvp, never been either (was a little good when Vengance worked in pvp). Too low damage/burst. And yes, you can go in a big horde/alliance group in a BG and spam aoe because you'll survive longer then other melees, but any tank can do that and it is not a useful way to kill enemies, you'll deal damage, but you won't kill anything.
    All you can kill are warriors mabye.
    Wait we're using less abilities? DK's practically haven't changed at all. You're acting like two handed isn't allowed to use Frost Strike. Oh yeah and use Blood Tap if you haven't already.

Blood is actually the best FC of all the tanks. Desecrated Ground and Deaths Advance make it very powerful defensively. Blood DK's no longer have a mobility issue.

Overall, I think DK's still fill the role as an anti-healer, anti pure caster class. DK's are very similar to Rogues. Nothing DK's do is passive and are very Cooldown Dependent. DK's are pretty much a 5 second kill when Death's Advance, Lichborne, Anti Magic Shell are on cooldown. That's balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies folks!
    And what about Unholy? is it good in PvP?
    Qui a rejeté son démon nous importune avec ses anges.
    -Henri Michaux