Poll: Do you think America could be taken over by a hostile force?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    We dont have nukes, our gov does.

Bush's batteries didnt die in 2 days... No idea what holder and obama were thinking using drones instead of gps to track these guns (more expensive, less effective). All drug lords did was pay a 15 year old to drive in circles until the drone had to head back to texas to refuel. Then they moved the weps.
    The way a republican government works is that the government is an extension of the people, meaning that the people in office are the ones we have entrusted (consented) to run the government so we can go on with our daily lives. So if we truly are a republican government (I don't believe we are but a majority of people think we do so I am assuming) then the government is us, therefore we have nukes.

2 days might be a hyperbole, it might not be. They were GPS devices purchased from Radioshack and from what I have read and heard they died shortly after implementation. And a lot of the GPS devices were removed by the cartel members, real quality job.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    A hostile takeover via war I sorely doubt in the immediate future. We're all getting more and more dependent on each other as countries. It'd spiral into a second great depression easily.

Now what I do suspect is a hostile takeover by debt. Would it really be so out of line for China to go "you owe us so much money, we'd forgive a lot of it if you give us...Alaska and Hawaii. You're not using them for much."
    if it came to that we'd say "fuck you and that debt". not saying that would be a good or bad thing, but that's what would happen

Deleted
    Um yes of course....it could be taken over by a hostile force...

But until he defines exactly what that force is, I think we can all not worry too much. Unless he means the Republican party, they are certainally pretty hostile to a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by superdooper View Post
    I'm pretty sure Perot is referring to a financial takeover...not a military takeover.

China will soon be the world superpower.....and when this happens....the USA will never catch back up.

They will be "a" super power not "the" super power. "Soon"? They have no ability to project there power around the world whatsoever. They are a regional power and the US spends a TON more on defense then the Chinese do. Chinese military tech is where the US was back in the 80's. They are getting there first gen stealth tech planes while the US has 2nd Gen Stealth.
    China devalues there currency on purpose, right now they have people working ungodly hours for $200 a month, which is better then the $50 a month they would make being a farmer. Eventually there employees will want more money, vacation days, weekends, retirement benefits, better living conditions, better working conditions....and then there products won't be so cheap. China is basing there economy off of keeping there people poor, eventually it will crumble. China has had a HISTORY of having a strong economy and then it faultering. Besides, if I were you I wouldn't want China as a super power....there lack of human rights AND second class citizens are just the tip of the iceburg.

Mexico started invading the US decades ago without a single weapon.

But on a serious note i believe the US is already controlled by outside interests, you see you can't have a 16 trillion dollar debt and at the same time not owe that money to someone or groups of people, america can be destroyed in the blink of an eye if someone decides they want their money now. I also strongly believe that the US is very ready and willing to wipe the planet from the solar system as soon as they know for certain that they can no longer hold control over the empire that they have built.

P.S. Opinions are like Aholes and everyone has one and this is mine.

Considering there's constantly radar tracking movement over the ocean, I'm pretty sure it'd be hard to not only have a sizable force that could take over the US, but also to get across the ocean without being noticed. But seriously other countries would help the US if someone got too froggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumocolor View Post

But on a serious note i believe the US is already controlled by outside interests, you see you can't have a 16 trillion dollar debt and at the same time not owe that money to someone or groups of people, america can be destroyed in the blink of an eye if someone decides they want their money now. I also strongly believe that the US is very ready and willing to wipe the planet from the solar system as soon as they know for certain that they can no longer hold control over the empire that they have built.

America cannot be destroyed in the blink of an eye because someone decides they want their money now. All that would happen would be that we tell them, you're not getting now, do something if you don't like it. And what are they going to do, invade us?
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

I guess we don't know how a world economy works, huh? If China were to call in there debt, it would hurt America, Europe, and Asia (this includes China). You can't collect what the other guy doesn't have. Right now America is footing the bill in being the "free worlds" military force. If we pulled out of Japan and the Asian theatre, North Korea and South Korea would go to war. Japan threatened by China would begin to build an Army, Navy, Air Force again. Taiwan would be invaded by China. European countrys have small military's because the US has a large one- they know if somehow China or Russia attacked them that the U.S would get involved on Europe's side. I could go further into this but I don't really want to...

oh, back on the economy thing. When shit starts going downhill in Europe- the US stocks take a hit aswell. Right now a LOT of our materials get sold to Europe and vice versa. So if Europe collapses, we're gonna get hurt...if we collapse...Europe is gonna feel the sting aswell.
    China would feel the sting aswell because we buy from them and so does Europe...so if the people they SELL to go broke...they go broke.....see what I'm getting at here?
    Last edited by Xires; 2012-10-01 at 11:17 PM.

Unless someone is launching some sort of wicked WMD that no one knows about, I really don't see this going down. The people in the military are just US citizens and not mindless robots. (/cast Fire Ward) Do you seriously think someone would end the world? I think you've been watched Austin Powers too many times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

15+ Year Old Account
    I strongly doubt that any nation could stand the casualties and cost of a full on invasion of america. Only country with a chance is China, and it would utterly ruin them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I strongly doubt that any nation could stand the casualties and cost of a full on invasion of america. Only country with a chance is China, and it would utterly ruin them.
    They would first have to get the MEANS on getting over here. I'd like to remind everyone here that we are always watching China. Right now they have 1Carrier that the Russians sold to them. Its over 20 years old. If you were to put all the worlds Navy's combined against the US....the US still has more warships. The US also has Stealth warships.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have about .75 guns per person here in the United States, making for potentially 200+ million armed civilians.

Well-Armed militia, indeed

There is just no way an invasion would be feasible.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    A hostile takeover via war I sorely doubt in the immediate future. We're all getting more and more dependent on each other as countries. It'd spiral into a second great depression easily.

Now what I do suspect is a hostile takeover by debt. Would it really be so out of line for China to go "you owe us so much money, we'd forgive a lot of it if you give us...Alaska and Hawaii. You're not using them for much."
    The leaders did that in the middle ages, but doubt it would work today.

---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 11:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    We have about .75 guns per person here in the United States, making for potentially 200+ million armed civilians.

You mean like other things have happened people didnt think would happen? But I guess its better to think one is safe instead of being it.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    The leaders did that in the middle ages, but doubt it would work today.

---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 11:42 PM ----------

You mean like other things have happened people didnt think would happen? But I guess its better to think one is safe instead of being it.
    I never said an invasion would absolutely never be feasible. I just said that right now, there's no military force large enough in existence capable of waging war against, potentially, around 1/2 to 3/4 of our population, ESPECIALLY on our own soil. You can forget our military capabilities completely, but consider the fact that approximately 33% of every American household is armed. That's a massive number of potential enemy combatants any invasion force would have to face if they truly wished to invade and take control of our country.

The only way an invasion would work is against a disarmed America, or if the invasion was welcomed by the American population. And because, right now, I don't see any of those possibilities as anywhere realistic, I am eager to say that almost any sort of invasion on our soil is thoroughly impossible, RIGHT NOW.

Did I clear that up for ya? Anything can change in 50, 25, or even 10 years. OP didn't ask if it was ever possible for an invading enemy to take over the US, only if it was possible right now in the present.
    Stop dating strippers.
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Every nation that thought themselves too powerful to be invaded inevitably, at some point, found themselves invaded.

Back in the 90's Perot warned everyone that passing NAFTA would be the impetus for sending all the manufacturing jobs to Mexico and overseas. At the time he was laughed at, and look what happened. He turned out to be right about that. The USA facing a financial takeover is no more laughable than his opinion on NAFTA. We should be mindful about our financial situation and take measures to fix what we can so we don't face other problems down the road.

America seriously needs a fresh start. Seriously. By any means necessary, even if it means taking it over.

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 09:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post

Well, how bout the rest of the world bombs America with Nukes? or regular big bombs at best. Maybe not nukes, I doubt people want to destroy the planet itself. But on the other hand, this planet is already doomed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolman View Post
    America seriously needs a fresh start. Seriously. By any means necessary, even if it means taking it over.

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 09:59 AM ----------

Well, how bout the rest of the world bombs America with Nukes? or regular big bombs at best. Maybe not nukes, I doubt people want to destroy the planet itself. But on the other hand, this planet is already doomed.
    If the entire world sends their arsenal of "big bombs" or nukes, do you expect us to sit back and wait for the half hour while we wait for those missiles to get here? Odds are we would launch our big bombs and nukes right back while we all wait to get vaporized.

Also, this thread is about the invading of America, not blowing it to kingdom come from thousands of miles away. Russia has enough nukes to blow us up probably 100 times over. But, we can likely inflict similar pain on them should they ever decide to launch nukes at us, for whatever reason. Mutually assured destruction is a flimsy deterrent, but short of a completely insane person taking control of such an arsenal, I don't see that happening either.
    Stop dating strippers.

Not even remotely possible untill there is a reliable large-scale EMP weapon or something like that developed. Basicaly, to pull that off, you`d have to disable all border monitoring and communications, as well as all possible retaliation capabilities (nuclear missiles for the most part) both in and OUT of the borders (e.g. hunt down and sink all missile-carryng sumbarines, carriers and large military bases, anything that can mount any sort of retaliation counteratack). So no, unless there is a working reliable way to "pull the plug" on the entire country, effectively shutting down ALL military infrastructure AT ONCE, there is no way anything like that is possible, or at least, not without severe consequences for the invader.

All of the above applies to any country with nuclear capabilities, not just US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Every nation that thought themselves too powerful to be invaded inevitably, at some point, found themselves invaded.
    Communist Russia? :P Ignoring the rebellion by various satellite states during their collapse, which I wouldn't count as an invasion.
    Stop dating strippers.