Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It's not useless, but in the means of pushing progression there isn't really any fight where you will be DW unless there is more AoE than single target, which I doubt, and DW weapons will not be at all given to dks.

Sorry Frstypwn, but you are indeed wrong.

A. Warriors got nerfed hard right as things went live.

B. DW Frost is doing impressive single target DPS. And.... it blows all other classes away with their AOE.

I would even go so far to say that DW Frost is "the" spec for serious raiders. RE + Masterfrost. The slight increase to single target damage that 2H Frost brings to the table pales in comparison to the versatility of DW Frost.

Also, I think that Soul Reaper is much easier to manage with the Masterfrost rotation.
    Last edited by Clash the DK; 2012-10-02 at 03:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bad DK who hasn't been using Soul Reaper for execute because I forget about it. I also have only been tanking and out DPSing half of every dungeon group, so I'm not as concerned about that as I am about the amount of brain dead people running heroics.

The little testing I did get in was at 87 on a few quest mobs. The execute was decent, but most of the time stuff died and I got the haste buff. The nonexistent haste buff that barely does anything. 5 sec is not long enough. I hope they bump it back up to 10 or at least 7-8 sec. When it's so negligible I don't notice it when looking AT my current buffs bar, there is a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    GC clarified it was an intended hotfix:

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
    Soul Reaper is 5 sec now. Should be in the hotfix notes. The haste was supposed to be consolation, not the reason to SR.
    Did anyone else miss it in the hotfix notes?

Edit: Just checked the notes and I'm not seeing any fixes for "Death Knight"
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2012-10-02 at 07:16 AM.

I've been using it on the adds that die to cleave damage anyways at Coren Direbrew, outdpsing a ret guildie that has a lot better gear than me. And no, its not because he's bad. For PvE, its fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    The little testing I did get in was at 87 on a few quest mobs. The execute was decent, but most of the time stuff died and I got the haste buff. The nonexistent haste buff that barely does anything. 5 sec is not long enough. I hope they bump it back up to 10 or at least 7-8 sec. When it's so negligible I don't notice it when looking AT my current buffs bar, there is a problem.
    The haste buff is just so you don't feel like you wasted a rune if you screw up and have something die before soul reaper triggers. We are meant to want the damage, so don't expect the haste buff to get buffed.

It's unfortunate that we had to get nerfed without any warning, but that's what happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    The haste buff is just so you don't feel like you wasted a rune if you screw up and have something die before soul reaper triggers. We are meant to want the damage, so don't expect the haste buff to get buffed.

It's unfortunate that we had to get nerfed without any warning, but that's what happened.
    That's exactly what GC said, it's a Consolation for when the mob dies too quickly and you're left annoyed - but even still, I do feel annoyed because that 50% haste isn't going to be used in time. It's just there to make SR look "pretty" though the execute damage is huge, I critted 400k once.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2012-10-02 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
    Soul Reaper is 5 sec now. Should be in the hotfix notes. The haste was supposed to be consolation, not the reason to SR.
    Maybe if they had made the ability more user friendly, then the haste component wouldn't be "the reason" to SR......
    Last edited by Clash the DK; 2012-10-02 at 12:01 PM.

I wonder how many other classes' level 87 abilities were "game-breakingly-omg-awesome-want-to-have"...

Not many. DKs got one of the better 87 abilities this expansion. Of course we got dark sim last expansion, so, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Not many. DKs got one of the better 87 abilities this expansion. Of course we got dark sim last expansion, so, you know.
    Yeah, but as far as PVE goes, we also didn't get anything new that we can really use in our talent grid either. A few classes got some really nice things there.

Death's Advance is nice. I mean it's 10% stackable runspeed, not exactly a game-changer, but I like having it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frstypwn View Post
    It's not useless, but in the means of pushing progression there isn't really any fight where you will be DW unless there is more AoE than single target, which I doubt, and DW weapons will not be at all given to dks.
    Since 25 man is just about dead, with what, 23(?) DPS specs there is a good chance that 10m groups having both smf warriors and frost dk's being fewer than you might imply.

Soul Reaper is pretty amazing... On a Sha of Anger as Blood it was hitting for about 110k and critting for 220k... As frost its hitting for about 80k. Well worth the rune IMO.

Title is misleading. For leveling it's not all that hot, but then again, who cares about leveling? You smash buttons and things die. Your ghoul pet isn't that great for leveling either, by the time it starts attacking, things are already dead.

For raiding? It's a nice boost to execute range we lost when our old execute talent went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Death's Advance is nice. I mean it's 10% stackable runspeed, not exactly a game-changer, but I like having it.
    Too bad we lost the 15% passive speed from unholy presence >.> imho dk mobility is pretty awful, whenever I play my warrior alt I'm like wtf I can get anywhere in a split second.

Unholy still has the 15% base speed, and the 10% from DA stacks with the 8% boot enchant giving frost DKs a base 119% runspeed, which is more than the spec had in Cataclysm, so it's overall a buff. Just, like I said, not exactly a game-changer.

Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    Too bad we lost the 15% passive speed from unholy presence >.> imho dk mobility is pretty awful, whenever I play my warrior alt I'm like wtf I can get anywhere in a split second.
    What are you talking about? Unholy Presence still has its passive 15% movement speed. It stacks with Death's Advance, both the passive and the active use of it....
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    What are you talking about? Unholy Presence still has its passive 15% movement speed. It stacks with Death's Advance, both the passive and the active use of it....
    Yeah, but obviously we're in frost presence now >.> And I will pick up the 8% boot enchant, even though its less stats.

Deleted
    I think someone is talking about Frost and someonelse is talking about UH XD