Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Played some Jake. It was fun but I died lol...

It's so hard to see stuff. Because of the darkness of the game and also character blocks like 40% of the screen.

Still mad about killing. People need to die from 2-3 bullets.

I have a 360 jtag, im about to download this now, cant wait to see how it is

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by megrim View Post
    The Demo is available on PS3 and Xbox 360 for everyone.

I played it and I think it's absolutely horrible for a multitude of reasons. Main character takes up so much of the screen that you can barely see, and when a chaotic battle ensues it is easy to get very confused. The worst thing by far is that game is 100% "on-the-rails" you go from room to room and you never explore, not even a little. Items are conveniently displayed in each room so you just walk up and grab them.

They tried to make Leon's campaign reminiscent of old RE titles, but they dropped the ball horribly, with the exception of pretty visuals it literally brings nothing to the table nostalgic of older titles. The aiming is so bad that even if your laser sight is on target you will often miss, although being on target is very difficult thanks to the drunken feel on the sight in the first place.

Chris' campaign is so over the top action oriented it's sickening, and it plays just as poorly as Leon's campaign. While they did get rid of "gorilla" Chris, they still made him so macho that I was surprised by the lack of "bro fists" and chest bumps with his fellow BA's.

Then there's melee... I realized this was a problem when I encountered 5 zombies in a small room, I spammed RT and killed the entire group karate kid style, wasn't out of stamina and had sustained zero damage while always within biting range. What is really tragic about this is that it's more effective to melee than to use your gun!

Then on to annoying things that aren't game breaking, but when added on to the things that are game breaking, you are in store for a hair pulling experience.
    1) Tripping over dead bodies, every time, it doesn't matter if you tripped over it once you will trip again, and again.
    2) Graphics are so buggy that during intense moments some zombies would simply half disappear and legs would walk at you.
    3) Terrible item management screens, while I realize this could be an opinion, I found them to be clumsy, unintuitive, messy, and not properly explained.

Capcom has made a lot of changes for the better or worse, while I feel RE5 was a terrible RE game I also acknowledge that it was a very good action game. RE6 delivers in no way, unless you are looking for a game that is broken in nearly every single way, please don't give them your money, they need to turn this franchise around and stop releasing terrible products just because the name sells. It may seem like I am exaggerating but I promise I am not, I know for a fact that there is a dozen points I didn't touch on for sake of length and simply not being able to remember the tremendous amount of problems with this game.
    I'm glad everyone is entitled their own opinion, cause yours is shit. Leon's campaign is just like resident evil 4, its wonderful, I hate Leon, but the atmosphere and the darkness really does it.

I have no shooting problems and I've played the demo probably 3-4 times each character, for both Dragon's Dogma demo and the demo released on 18 september. So I'm assuming you cant shoot.

Why do you have on a muscular chris? It's nothing to critize about, a characters appearance. To me it seems you want it to be bad.

And Jake Muller got strong attacks, which is the point. But its by far not stronger than weapons. maybe if you run the game on easy, and the demo isnt suposed to be hard either, its just to get a glimpse of the game.

I don't always trip over the bodies, as you're saying. if you walk slowly and not run you wont.

"2) Graphics are so buggy that during intense moments some zombies would simply half disappear and legs would walk at you." Never happend. + its a demo, so if it actually happend it would get fixed.

"3) Terrible item management screens, while I realize this could be an opinion, I found them to be clumsy, unintuitive, messy, and not properly explained." Everything is explained probably if you're Iq is over 70..It's just like moving from RE4 to RE5 , its hard to begin with, but later its easy.

You should just stop writing about resident evil 6 and cry to your mom instead, as you're accusations are not right and the game is not even out.

Edit : and for those saying the character is in the way of the camera, either you need a bigger tv or remove your nerdy glasses. Cause I see no problem, I actually played Re5 after the demo and I felt re5 was much worse. even though its the best game Ive played.

I dunno how you guys mean the games are getting worse, the game is moving on, Horror isnt considered having a gun and running around killing zombies "tracking" the men behind all this. (You are actually playing agents & BSAA )

The new horror is Amnesia and Slender, where you cant do much except run and hide.

But I guess since every1 is a Leon fanboy and resident evil 4 was the "best" game they will stick to it because they think its true..

This thread should be locked till its released. People here are either trashing or qqing about it to go back to resident evil 4, without even playing through the game.
    Last edited by Razstah; 2012-09-29 at 07:34 AM.
    Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day...

Quote Originally Posted by Razstah View Post
    This thread should be locked till its released. People here are either trashing or qqing about it to go back to resident evil 4, without even playing through the game.
    *cough* Well actually this thread was just about the Demo until I asked Sarahjane to just change this to a Megathread sooo don't blame those guys for posting their opinions about the Demo (from 8 days ago lol), it's pretty much my fault.

Nah let's not lock it though, real game comes out in like 2.5 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    *cough* Well actually this thread was just about the Demo until I asked Sarahjane to just change this to a Megathread sooo don't blame those guys for posting their opinions about the Demo (from 8 days ago lol), it's pretty much my fault.

Nah let's not lock it though, real game comes out in like 2.5 days.
    I know, i've been counting on my fingers since I could! now im holding III up

10+ Year Old Account
    So, looks like RE6 is getting some pretty bad reviews:

Joystiq - 2.5/5
    Destructiod - 3.0/10
    Gamespot - 4.5/10
    Metro - 5/10
    Eurogamer - 6/10
    VideoGamer - 6/10

Le sigh. C'mon Capcom, get your shit together.

Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post

Joystiq - 2.5/5
    Destructiod - 3.0/10
    Gamespot - 4.5/10
    Metro - 5/10
    Eurogamer - 6/10
    VideoGamer - 6/10

Fucking ouch lol. I can't get it tomorrow (I'll be in school 7-5) and have a paper to write in night for Wed morning so ./sigh. I'll pick it up eventually...

Joystiq - 2.5/5
    Destructiod - 3.0/10
    Gamespot - 4.5/10
    Metro - 5/10
    Eurogamer - 6/10
    VideoGamer - 6/10

Is it sad that those reviews don't worry me.

I hate the new REs and am highly sceptical of this one, but every game that gets good reviews usually blows.

Like RE 5.

I am still sceptical, but I tend to like games that lower reviews, allthough some of these sites I have never seen reviews from some of these, so hopefully they aren't shitty reviewers like gamespot or IGN

For me the higher the IGN or gamespot, the less I like the game not hipster ish just generally they like games I dont.

I'm far from finishing the game and so far am playing on SPLIT-SCREEN co-op so this is more of a "first impression".

The game's got a LOT of nostalgic moments for me. Huge trowbacks to the PS2 era where button mashing and QTEs dominated AAA games. Fast paced action, over-the-top cinematics and great graphics put on quite a show. I'm playing this on the Xbox360 and I've gotta say it's one of the best looking games so far.

Puzzle solving are similar to the old RE titles, however the action is more similar to RE:ORC. You are able to get the upper hand on your opponents in hand-to-hand combat either by using the environment, their weapons or taking them out using stealth moves those poor zombies were better of dead. However there's only so much you can do before that big stamina bars yells at you "NO!" and when that happens it gets "real". Guns are very useful... if you can aim right! The game punishes you for missing throwing down ammo left and right and never in the quantity you'd actually need. Shot the zombie and barely scratched his head with the bullet?NO GOOD! Either pump 'em full of lead 'till their heads fall off or get those aiming goggles on.

Story is a bit all over the place since you never really know anything "on the spot" and have to patiently wait until the very last minute to get some answers. This isn't to say the story isn't good. Well done cutscenes filled with action will constantly pop in and out randomly to build the story around you and the great visuals really make the story come to life.

However this time the game isn't so scary, even with the restrictive camera that makes you be a bit more careful so that you don't get exposed to those nasty zombies. And there's a whole lot of zombie action this time around. Zombies wielding knives, axes, bottles that come in all shapes and sizes. QTEs give you a chance (well a bit more than that) to save yourself.

I'd say play with a friend and enjoy. The game's got a lot of old school elements mixed in with a long story (I've heard that the 4 campaigns take over 20 hours to complete), great cutscenes, varied gameplay, good graphics and an on-the-spot inventory that's quite good. Oh and there's a level-up feature with perks that you can get which make your character stronger.

There's no demo for pc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer1989 View Post
    There's no demo for pc?
    We're talking about Capcom here, them (and most japanese developers) don't give a shit about the PC community. I'm sure the port that isn't coming out till next year will blow.

As for reviews on the game, I read Edge's this afternoon on the bus ride home and was pretty much what I was expecting based off of some video I've seen and articles I've read previewing the game. But Gamespot's video review was lol worthy. Kevin Van Ord tells it to everyone straight up, like a friend of mine told me today "The scariest thing I've seen about RE6 so far is Gamespot's review."

Edit: Also, the QTE's look atrocious. I didn't mind the QTE's in RE4 but this is just ridiculous
    Last edited by ElAmigo; 2012-10-02 at 03:24 AM.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

I want Jill in Re3 outfit. I want exceptional graphics. I want survival horror and real, slow zombies. I want real Wesker, preferably fully playable. I want to be scared shitless, like I used to be in first game and it's remake.

I don't want retard chris. I don't want fag leon. I don't want "action" and I really really don't want quick time events. At all. I don't want mutants.

I'm glad this game is getting low reviews and I really hope it underperforms in sales big time so maybe they get a hint and go back to RE roots.

10+ Year Old Account

Joystiq - 2.5/5
    Destructiod - 3.0/10
    Gamespot - 4.5/10
    Metro - 5/10
    Eurogamer - 6/10
    VideoGamer - 6/10

Yesterday wikipedia said that overall they game earned a 8/10. but it is changed and well
    Code:
    Official PlayStation Magazine was the first publication to review the game, giving Resident Evil 6 a 9 out of 10, particularly praising the story and marking the game and the experience as "an unforgettable one". Game Informer gave it a 8.75, saying "The game's minor flaws don't hold back the decadent experience from being an unhinged, flaming rollercoaster ride."[7] Official Xbox Magazine UK concluded their review calling "an accomplished shooter on the whole, and a fittingly thunderous send-off for current gen Resident Evil", praising the overall length and variety of the whole game.[42] GameTrailers noted the shift away from the style and tone of past games in the series yet still praised the overall direction stating that with "old identity stripped away you've left with a massive action game that tends to check all the boxes instead of creating new ones, yet measured against its contemporaries it remains near the top of its class."[40] IGN was favorable toward the technical and artistic design of the game, with "some of Capcom’s greatest successes [...] incredibly strong world, lighting, and creature designs", with notable the new enemies being "some of the best designs and concepts in the history of the franchise".[41]
    I've started playing Chris' campaign as I'm saving the best for last (jake) but as they said Chris' campaign is really action filled, but even though there's a lot of action, its fucking great! I really feel sorry for chris

edit : its really weird that people think this is a bad game (the rewievs now is like 5/10 ) cause this is just as I wanted it to be, I couldnt think of any better way to make this game. But people now dont seem to grasp that resident evil isnt scary, it was before because Zombies were all new , we see them almost every third game now.

THE HORROR FRANCHISE ISNT AS IT WAS BEFORE
    Last edited by Razstah; 2012-10-02 at 10:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Joystiq - 2.5/5
    Destructiod - 3.0/10
    Gamespot - 4.5/10
    Metro - 5/10
    Eurogamer - 6/10
    VideoGamer - 6/10

Wow, really?!

Outside of the inventory I have no complaints.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    I've just bought it and there's no sound at all.

At first I thought it was intentional but when I switched subtitles on they're talking so what's the issue here?

Edit: Nevermind i'm a huge idiot. Quit the game to see if that helped and realised there was no sound at all when flicking through the PS3 menu didn't make any clicks. Loose wire >.>
    Last edited by Alraml; 2012-10-02 at 02:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played the demo and I can't think a single reason to think the game is bad. I just loved it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razstah View Post
    Yesterday wikipedia said that overall they game earned a 8/10. but it is changed and well
    Code:
    Official PlayStation Magazine was the first publication to review the game, giving Resident Evil 6 a 9 out of 10, particularly praising the story and marking the game and the experience as "an unforgettable one". Game Informer gave it a 8.75, saying "The game's minor flaws don't hold back the decadent experience from being an unhinged, flaming rollercoaster ride."[7] Official Xbox Magazine UK concluded their review calling "an accomplished shooter on the whole, and a fittingly thunderous send-off for current gen Resident Evil", praising the overall length and variety of the whole game.[42] GameTrailers noted the shift away from the style and tone of past games in the series yet still praised the overall direction stating that with "old identity stripped away you've left with a massive action game that tends to check all the boxes instead of creating new ones, yet measured against its contemporaries it remains near the top of its class."[40] IGN was favorable toward the technical and artistic design of the game, with "some of Capcom’s greatest successes [...] incredibly strong world, lighting, and creature designs", with notable the new enemies being "some of the best designs and concepts in the history of the franchise".[41]
    I've started playing Chris' campaign as I'm saving the best for last (jake) but as they said Chris' campaign is really action filled, but even though there's a lot of action, its fucking great! I really feel sorry for chris

edit : its really weird that people think this is a bad game (the rewievs now is like 5/10 ) cause this is just as I wanted it to be, I couldnt think of any better way to make this game. But people now dont seem to grasp that resident evil isnt scary, it was before because Zombies were all new , we see them almost every third game now.

THE HORROR FRANCHISE ISNT AS IT WAS BEFORE
    I don't even give a shit that it's more action oriented now, as I mentioned earlier, the only one I've ever played is 4 but these videos look terrible. The QTE's in RE4 felt organic but they look so cumbersome in this game. I think it was Destructoid that said it best (paraphrasing here) "This Resident Evil is a Michael Bay movie".
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    I don't even give a shit that it's more action oriented now, as I mentioned earlier, the only one I've ever played is 4 but these videos look terrible. The QTE's in RE4 felt organic but they look so cumbersome in this game. I think it was Destructoid that said it best (paraphrasing here) "This Resident Evil is a Michael Bay movie".
    Review scores
    Publication Score
    Edge 6/10 [34]
    Eurogamer 6/10 [35]
    Famitsu 39/40 [36]
    G4 2.5/5 [37]
    Game Informer 8.75/10 [6]
    GameSpot 4.5/10 [38]
    GamesRadar 3,5/5 [5]
    GameTrailers 8.8/10 [39]
    IGN 7.9/10 [40]
    Official Xbox Magazine 8/10 (UK)[41]
    PSM 9/10 (US)[42]
    Destructoid 3/10 [4]
    The Escapist 3/5 [43]

Whoever saying this game is bad need to stop being so resident evil 4 oriented and move on

edit: Youknow, It's terrorists now, not raccoon city or some undeadish cult. Its obviously more action!
    Last edited by Razstah; 2012-10-02 at 04:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look, we get you're a RE fanatic and all but quit acting like the overall reception of this game is mediocre at best so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm enjoying it so far. Been doing Chris' campaign first

Ada Wong is a bitch