Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    Also, Halo appears to ignore LOS, which is a nice bonus sometimes.
    This is not my experience - I've had halo fail to hit mobs because the floor wasn't flat and some of them were slightly out of LOS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    This is not my experience - I've had halo fail to hit mobs because the floor wasn't flat and some of them were slightly out of LOS.
    Hmmm.... I wonder how this mechanic works then. I'm going to experiment more today. Basically I have stood behind a wall, done Halo, and moved back into view to watch the wave hit the MOB and do damage. However, i'm now wondering if the LOS is not calculated from point of origin but from where you're standing at the moment the wave hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is also worth noting that Halo hits enemies beneath and above where you are currently standing. I used this today in a dungeon and my Halo hit mobs that were flying above us. I believe they were bats in the tunnel before the boss Gekkan in Mogu'shan Palace.
    It was quite scarey since even with unit frames on the bats were not visible and the tank/healer had a hard time figuring out what was killing me.
    Troll Shadow Priest
    (H) - Mal'ganis US

cascades gon' get nerfed. its very good for all specs right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnomnoms View Post
    It is also worth noting that Halo hits enemies beneath and above where you are currently standing. I used this today in a dungeon and my Halo hit mobs that were flying above us. I believe they were bats in the tunnel before the boss Gekkan in Mogu'shan Palace.
    It was quite scarey since even with unit frames on the bats were not visible and the tank/healer had a hard time figuring out what was killing me.
    lol wut? Musta been a bug.
    I used it on the platform in Scarlet Halls and it didn't aggro the boss at all :l

Halo is amazing, and looks amazing. However I can confirm there should be a hot fix coming soon for Divine Star.

Deleted
    As far as I can tell, with Halo, if you are standing on something considered to be a continuation of the same floor space despite actual level i.e. a ramp or side of a hill, you will hit mobs on the same floor space. If you are standing on something that is blatantly a different level and intended to be above or below another mob, such as a bridge or tunnel, or ledge, then you won't hit the mob.

Example, you stand in a flat field. A mob is flying above. You will hit the mob. But if you stand on a bridge, and the mob is below the bridge, you won't hit the mob with Halo.

This seems to be my experience anyway.

Also, worth noting for anybody doing Sha of Anger. I did this earlier with Cascade, and Cascade did 28% of my total damage. I was 3rd top dps out of 40 heroic geared. I did the same fight before with Halo and it was no where near this much damage.

Use Halo, I thinks use it as much as possible and utilize it to development its full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak View Post
    lol wut? Musta been a bug.
    I used it on the platform in Scarlet Halls and it didn't aggro the boss at all :l
    Happens to me all the time while using halo in that area (but i agree possible bug)

I use halo on my mob opening sequence and it gives amazing dps output when used correctly.

I personally tend to find it fine for most dungeons. Agreed scarlet dungeons aren't great but most others are. Yet to see how it fares in raid though, which is where it really counts.

I guess the healing element could be useful as it'll be progression raids initially and extra healing is always nice.
    Last edited by PHILIP1193; 2012-10-03 at 08:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by baba57 View Post
    Use Halo, I thinks use it as much as possible and utilize it to development its full potential.
    I have, a couple of times. It's not well suited to Sha of Anger. I can stand at perfect range from the boss, or perfect range from a pack of Mobs, but cascade is just much better suited given how spread out the mobs and players become. It's impossible to have all Mobs so perfectly placed for Halo.

I think some fights it will be better, but others like World bosses cascade will win out. But then that is kinda the point of the new talents, to change them depending on the fight. There is no "best choice".