Possibility of Titan reveal at the World Championships?

I posted a thread on the Video game forums on the WoW website but it was deleted. Have no idea why though so I never got any feedback. (Maybe the theory was too accurate, eh?)

So here is my theory:

Based on past World Invitationals /Events, Blizzard had announced both Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 at these events. The upcoming World Championships (which is the biggest eSport event in history) would be the perfect place to reveal this.

Lets go back to when they said there was no BlizzCon this year because they wanted to focus on their games. Wouldn't that be a good hint that they wanted to work a lot on Titan? And then they announced the World Championships which has so much hype and the audience is so huge it would be perfect for a reveal of this magnitude.

There's more, about a year and a half back I remember reading a Orange County newspaper saying that Blizzard recently acquired a huge lot next to their campus for a new building. That could be a hint to more hirings for Blizzard and possibly a majority for Titan.

If we look at the product slate (which by now is not really reliable but we can still get a sense of where evrything is). Based off a couple quarter delayed games like WoW and more than a year for SC2 expac., we can expect to see a delay in Titan possibly but maybe not. If you think about it, they probably only signed people on for the project that worked on WoW and MoP has only been delayed for a quarter which could mean they are still on track. It says Titan is set to be released by the end of 2014 which is still quite a ways away. (2 years). But 2 years is a pretty good timeline to gain momentum with the gaming community. I mean, look at WoW, it was announced in 2001 and didn't release until 2004. Diablo and Starcraft 2 were announced many years before release. This would be the shortest announcement untill projected release by any game except expansions.

And last, based off of tweets by people such as Rob Pardo, they claim to being able to play it already. For all we know, it could already be in internal Alpha testing on a big scale.

So based off all this, what do you guys think? Is there a possibility of an announcement at the World Championships? If not, when else? Blizzcon 2013?

This is all based off pure speculation and some evidence that make this a valid point. Please don't flame, just give your honest opinion.

no way... at all haha

its gonna be at blizzcoon 2013

Deleted
    Not a chance.

I think we have to wait until WoW starts to loose customers big time until we see anything about Titan sadly. As long as WoW make so much money, they have no reason because they will only hurt them self more than anyone else by developing a new mmo.

Imho Titan is a myth.

I doubt titan will be revealed until after the next (and potentially last) WoW expansion has been announced.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, its still way to soon.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JackHeart View Post
    Not a chance.

I think we have to wait until WoW starts to loose customers big time until we see anything about Titan sadly. As long as WoW make so much money, they have no reason because they will only hurt them self more than anyone else by developing a new mmo.
    This is entirely untrue. Given that they have already talked about placing real world advertisement within a game world, I wouldn't be surprised if they know that WoW is the last hurrah of subscriptions. They will want to move on to a new form of revenue before anyone else does. I expect Titan to be completely F2P and be funded like TV shows are. I suggested this in a thread a long time ago, but clearly they've had the idea for a while.

It's kinda sickening and kinda genius all at the same time. If the game is good enough, it might be ok, but I surely won't play it. If I was poor and had no money to buy new games or pay a subscription I would probably rejoice it as the greatest video game invention ever.

It also wouldn't surprise me to have aspects of the game across platforms, where you can do minigames that have impact on the real game from an iphone or facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    This is entirely untrue. Given that they have already talked about placing real world advertisement within a game world, I wouldn't be surprised if they know that WoW is the last hurrah of subscriptions. They will want to move on to a new form of revenue before anyone else does. I expect Titan to be completely F2P and be funded like TV shows are. I suggested this in a thread a long time ago, but clearly they've had the idea for a while.

It's kinda sickening and kinda genius all at the same time. If the game is good enough, it might be ok, but I surely won't play it. If I was poor and had no money to buy new games or pay a subscription I would probably rejoice it as the greatest video game invention ever.

It also wouldn't surprise me to have aspects of the game across platforms, where you can do minigames that have impact on the real game from an iphone or facebook.
    I don't see what's so bad about it, as long as it would be non-invasive things like advertisements on the wall, in TVs in game, or blimps, and not having commercial breaks in between every map or whatever it will be we will be doing in Titan. It would give the feel of real life to the game. That and microtransactions would certainly be enough to fund the game and give Blizzard a satisfying income.

Or just keep a non-mandatory subscription for those not willing to watch commercials. I honestly see no issue here.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2012-10-02 at 04:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Nah next Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I doubt titan will be revealed until after the next (and potentially last) WoW expansion has been announced.
    It has been said multiple times that Titan and WoW will coexist.

But carry on doom crying.

No blizzcon this year because there's nothing new to share. It's too early to talk about Titan or the D3 expansion. Heart of the Swarm is in beta, so nothing new. Mists has already released, so nothing new. That's why there's no Blizzcon.

Now, because it's too early to talk about Titan at Blizzcon, it's too early to talk about at WCS.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

I don't see any reason why Blizzard would NOT reveal Titan at Blizzcon (either 2013 or 2014).

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbodymoman View Post
    I don't see what's so bad about it, as long as it would be non-invasive things like advertisements on the wall, in TVs in game, or blimps, and not having commercial breaks in between every map or whatever it will be we will be doing in Titan. It would give the feel of real life to the game. That and microtransactions would certainly be enough to fund the game and give Blizzard a satisfying income.

Or just keep a non-mandatory subscription for those not willing to watch commercials. I honestly see no issue here.
    You know that visual advertising is considered pollution by some people right? There is a city in South America that banned outdoor advertisements because it was deemed ad pollution that ruined their city. Advertising is the ultimate form of selling out. I'm not one who is affected by it, but I don't want to see it. Like I said, I use adblocker in chrome because I find them distasteful. i'm sure they would offer a subscription to not be subjected to that.

That is all personal preference though, so take that for what it is. You said 'you' don't see what is so bad with it, but you aren't me. Additionally, who knows if the advertisements would be targetted by harvesting your personal information or analyzing your play style. It's fine when ideas founded on bastardized principles like that continue to do so, but when a video game becomes a platform to sell you to other companies then we have officially signaled the end of the world.

(I realize things like this have already started happening, but I'm speaking specifically to Blizzard's potential to go this route)

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the trend, it'd only be in Blizzcon, however everything still speculations and what not. Whether it'd be announced in 2013 is still a speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    getting the rights to a form of advertisement is different than openly talking about it and using it, but we can assume early before a game is released. Personally i like so ads, i rather a character say google it rather than look it up on the internet, makes it feel more real

my guess is either the championships or after HotS is released to make titan "their next big thing"
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Deleted
    Not a chance.

This,

And as I mentioned in another thread, they can easily add something like annual pass 'play Wow till Titan release, and get Titan beta access + some custom in game titan items'.

If Titan has a sub fee, they will probably make something like a single "blizzard sub fee" that will let you play both wow and Titan. If Titan doesn't have a sub fee they can even give you some of the "real money" currency every month if you have a wow sub fee going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a chance.

Imho Titan is a myth.
    If we think marketing wise, i believe is exactly the oposite... They already started to dawngrade wow (talents and all the hard to balance goodies) guess why?? They don't it to compete with titan.

Any way, Titan is now under developement for 6 years, you could be sure to see it soon, in a year or 2 max.

Not a chance.

Imho Titan is a myth.
    A myth that several Blizzard developers have openly referred to and talked about. Yeah sure, good myth.

Titan is also not going to compete with WoW, as it will be in a different genre. You should probably do some research into these things before trying to debunk them as myths!

As for the OP, I honestly believe we'll get the reveal at the 2013 Blizzcon. It'll be soon, at any rate.