Regrowth vs Healing Touch

Have you noticed how RG and HT almost cost the same amount of mana now?
    Considering the cast time and Living Seed (when glyphed) with Regrowth is it even worth it using HT over Regrowth? Ever? My RG (glyphed) heals for at least the same amount as my HT (non crit)
    I'm not good with math at all by the way

What are your thought?

HT is slighty cheaper which makes for slightly better hpm, and if it crits it blows RG out of the water. I use HT while tank healing a lot.
    I believe that HT also scales with spell power much more than RG does. So as our gear gets better, HT will get larger, faster than RG will.

Honestly the choice between the two is mostly cast time. If i need it fast or have to move quick, RG. If i have the time for it usually HT (unless i want to follow up immediately with swiftmend and don't have a rejuv on target, then RG->SM)

In short, use both when appropriate

Keirya already pretty much covered it. I find myself using Regrowth quite a bit more, but HT is still a good part of the toolbox. Regrowth is almost always my choice when I have to heal quickly or when I have clearcasting procs, which covers a significant chunk of relevant situations. That doesn't meat HT isn't used though.

I think the scaling point is quite relevant too. HT will get better each tier, unless I'm misunderstanding something.

The longer casting time on HT makes it much more mana efficient at this point. If you only use regrowths and utilize almost every GCD, you will spend a whole lot more mana over the course of a fight.

With the low crit chance on HT, the long cast time and the similar mana cost, I see HT as a spell never worth casting. We will be staying at 3043 haste for the near future so HT will remain slow as ever. Nourish with Rejuv and Lifebloom for low damage, Swiftmend and or Regrowth glyphed or not for high damage. Use clear casts on regrowth on anyone who has taken damage as it both heals and uses that cast time to regen mana. Never save clearcasts for a rainy day. If nobody has taken damage cast it on the tank anyway to apply the seed. Gear for maximum spirit and mastery when at 3043 haste and always be casting.
    Last edited by Maxvla; 2012-10-02 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    The longer casting time on HT makes it much more mana efficient at this point. If you only use regrowths and utilize almost every GCD, you will spend a whole lot more mana over the course of a fight.
    This is key. Regrowth's faster cast time means you're either consuming more mana from casting more spells, or wasting globals (in which case you're better off casting Healing Touch if the person doesn't die). Given how tight mana is right now, I'm favoring Healing Touch where possible.

I am trying to use my clearcasting mostly for regrowth and using healing touch other than that. Healing touch glyph helps me make my decision, and the slow cast time and slightly less mana cost of HT makes it the ideal choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    I am trying to use my clearcasting mostly for regrowth and using healing touch other than that. Healing touch glyph helps me make my decision, and the slow cast time and slightly less mana cost of HT makes it the ideal choice.

This is how i play it, Clearcasting => Regrowth, otherwise Healing Touch.
    i also glyphed both Regrowth and Healing touch and reforged way all my crit.