Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Removing factions requirements from justice points vendors

I kinda disagree, and i think it is horrible and another horrible thing.

When first learn of this, ok cool, they are changing it that you have to do something before getting gear as it was way back in tbc and classic when you have to gain reputations with factions to gain usefull items to begin with.

I thought it will be the comeback to those days.

Today i look on front page of mmo champion i see they removed it, because of the rage of vocal minority.

I kinda liked the idea of having to reach some lvl of affection with the faction to have the ability to gain some nice gear.

But of course they have to remove it.

Expansion started cool, but those changes are making me angry and i am thinking of deleting my wow account because of it.

What would it matter if you would take one or 2 days more before getting justice gear, it wouldn't hurt anyone.

It is not about hearing your customers, it is about hearing the vocal minority which is less then 5% of overall player base.

Not saying that you are right or not, but if these changes are making you angry so that you are thinking of deleting your account it's stunning that you haven't deleted it hundred times already.
    Bigger than Life.

They removed the justice gear requirements, the stuff that is lower ilvl than heroic dungeon gear.

All epics still require revered.

What exactly is the problem? You can get into heroics slightly faster?

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djolisimo View Post
    Not saying that you are right or not, but if these changes are making you angry so that you are thinking of deleting your account it's stunning that you haven't deleted it hundred times already.
    They did, but i think about money i invested into wow so i cool off, but it usually take around 2 to 3 months to do it in which i am not playing the game.

BUHU have farme JP lately? saying u dont have to do annything for it? u get like 300 per dung 300jp per 20min=? slow enough right? who cares about factions? we just want the rewards

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    They removed the justice gear requirements, the stuff that is lower ilvl than heroic dungeon gear.

All epics still require revered.

What exactly is the problem? You can get into heroics slightly faster?
    It was a good thing, i do not need to get gear faster, and i want to have good time, getting better gear faster isn't my idea of good fun.

Plus you can do heroics in greens, plus from heroics drop items lvl 463 so you didn't even need to buy any of justice gear stuff,

on top of that was it really that hard to reach honored with the factions

Valor needs now honored instead of reveared that is big deal since to get from honored to reveared you have to earn 12 000 reputation points so that a nice ammount of the points.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was the most stupid thing that you needed that amount of reputation for lousy 450 items. Because by the time you had that reputation, you wouldn't need those items anymore since you're most likely fully equiped from heroics/crafting/world boss. We're not talking about 2 days more, we're talking about getting revered with golden lotus before we can even start to gain rep with 2 more factions. And all that for some 450 blues that are only in the game to make heroics more accessible?
    It wasn't a minority who cried about that, you're part of the minority that fails to see how stupid it was of blizzard to require that amount of reputation for inferior blues. You still need to grind alot of rep for the valor items and that's what counts anyways.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    BUHU have farme JP lately? saying u dont have to do annything for it? u get like 300 per dung 300jp per 20min=? slow enough right? who cares about factions? we just want the rewards
    Wrath babies i see

What is the point of a reward if you didn't work for it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    It was the most stupid thing that you needed that amount of reputation for lousy 450 items. Because by the time you had that reputation, you wouldn't need those items anymore since you're most likely fully equiped from heroics/crafting/world boss. We're not talking about 2 days more, we're talking about getting revered with golden lotus before we can even start to gain rep with 2 more factions. And all that for some 450 blues that are only in the game to make heroics more accessible?
    It wasn't a minority who cried about that, you're part of the minority that fails to see how stupid it was of blizzard to require that amount of reputation for inferior blues. You still need to grind alot of rep for the valor items and that's what counts anyways.
    I doubt that 2 million people cried on the forums.

Most people said, ok that is a pain but i am doing it, they weren't complaning about it. Like in tbc it was hard to get gear, we were saying that it is hard, but no of us go to farm forums and complain like a bunch sissies.

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    It was a good thing, i do not need to get gear faster, and i want to have good time, getting better gear faster isn't my idea of good fun.

Plus you can do heroics in greens, plus from heroics drop items lvl 463 so you didn't even need to buy any of justice gear stuff,

on top of that was it really that hard to reach honored with the factions
    That's the point. The gear was literally useless, considering ilevel and the fact that unless you do 0 heroics and all your dailies the gear is outdated by the time you hit honored. Hell, it's not even really there to buffer the middle zone between normals and heroics. I was able to hop into heroics directly at 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I kinda disagree, and i think it is horrible and another horrible thing.

When first learn of this, ok cool, they are changing it that you have to do something before getting gear as it was way back in tbc and classic when you have to gain reputations with factions to gain usefull items to begin with.

I thought it will be the comeback to those days.

Today i look on front page of mmo champion i see they removed it, because of the rage of vocal minority.

I kinda liked the idea of having to reach some lvl of affection with the faction to have the ability to gain some nice gear.

But of course they have to remove it.

Expansion started cool, but those changes are making me angry and i am thinking of deleting my wow account because of it.

What would it matter if you would take one or 2 days more before getting justice gear, it wouldn't hurt anyone.

It is not about hearing your customers, it is about hearing the vocal minority which is less then 5% of overall player base.
    *sigh*

Blizzard saw that almost no one purchased JP rewards because it took quite a bit of time to get to honored, and the PvP rewards were better for PvE anyway.
    2 + 2..

This is a change from the silent majority, who didn't need the 450s anyway. Atleast now they'll be somewhat useful.

But if you feel angry when Blizzard changes things that had unintended consequences, you're gonna have a bad time.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flogre View Post
    That's the point. The gear was literally useless, considering ilevel and the fact that unless you do 0 heroics and all your dailies the gear is outdated by the time you hit honored. Hell, it's not even really there to buffer the middle zone between normals and heroics. I was able to hop into heroics directly at 90.
    They already removed golden lotus rep plus they buffed the gear to 458 item lvl with the hotfix so why they removed other faction requirements.

It was already much easier to get so i really do not get why they have to remove it.

What is the point of faction if they most of their gear do not require reputations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath babies i see

What is the point of a reward if you didn't work for it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 12:39 PM ----------

I doubt that 2 million people cried on the forums.

Most people said, ok that is a pain but i am doing it, they weren't complaning about it. Like in tbc it was hard to get gear, we were saying that it is hard, but no of us go to farm forums and complain like a bunch sissies.
    I'm not saying the majority went to the forums to cry, they were just annoyed. I'm saying the majority realized how useless JP are, if you're already equiped before you could possibly spend them.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    *sigh*

Blizzard saw that almost no one purchased JP rewards because it took quite a bit of time to get to honored, and the PvP rewards were better for PvE anyway.
    2 + 2..

This is a change from the silent majority, who didn't need the 450s anyway. Atleast now they'll be somewhat useful.

But if you feel angry when Blizzard changes things that had unintended consequences, you're gonna have a bad time.
    In tbc you could get better gear from arenas then doing things like the eye or SSC but apparently blizz didn't care back then, so i really do not know why they do now.

They already removed golden lotus rep plus they buffed the gear to 458 item lvl with the hotfix so why they removed other faction requirements.

It was already much easier to get so i really do not get why they have to remove it.

What is the point of faction if they most of their gear do not require reputations.
    You didn't address any of my points. They did not remove golden lotus rep and 458 item level is still just low enough to make it useless at honored. And the point of the faction isn't the amount of gear thats gated by rep, its the quality. Anyone interested in the gear will still be doing the dailies. No one was doing them for the justice gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    I'm not saying the majority went to the forums to cry, they were just annoyed. I'm saying the majority realized how useless JP are, if you're already equiped before you could possibly spend them.
    No one knows what the majority of people think, neither you and i, we do not know if they want that change or not, that is the problem.

The solution could be buffing the items for the higher ones that drop in heroics like i do not know maybe 470.

For me the stupid thing about the JP gear is that it rewards you with lower item lvl that heroics do.

If they would reward you with higher item lvl then heroics, i think there wouldn't be so much rage for it.

And if they did it, people would accept the rep grind because it would reward you for higher time investment.

In tbc you could get better gear from arenas then doing things like the eye or SSC but apparently blizz didn't care back then, so i really do not know why they do now.
    In TBC, they made several attempts to limit PvPing for gear to use in PvE; none were sufficient, so they eventually went with a much stronger system of limitations in WotLK and Cata.

You talk about "earning" rewards, but the problem was that you couldn't earn rewards, because by the time you had access to them, they were no longer actually rewards.

Factions still have some gear that is locked behind reputation; it's just not ALL locked behind rep anymore. This is more like the TBC system you're holding up as an example! Badge of Justice gear didn't have rep requirements, even though it was better than stuff that dropped in TBC heroics, instead of worse!
    No one knows what the majority of people think, neither you and i,
    Blizzard has, and extensively leverages, all kinds of information from datamining. They don't have a direct line into every player's brain, but by observing player behavior they can indeed get a pretty good idea of what the majority think. A considerably better idea than your uninformed and misremembered guesses, at least.
    Last edited by Meteoric; 2012-10-03 at 11:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flogre View Post
    You didn't address any of my points. They did not remove golden lotus rep and 458 item level is still just low enough to make it useless at honored. And the point of the faction isn't the amount of gear thats gated by rep, its the quality. Anyone interested in the gear will still be doing the dailies. No one was doing them for the justice gear.
    Here is the link as you can see that is blizz statement they removed it, yesterday but apparently today they have to remove all rep from justice points.

No one knows what the majority of people think, neither you and i, we do not know if they want that change or not, that is the problem.

The solution could be buffing the items for the higher ones that drop in heroics like i do not know maybe 470.

For me the stupid thing about the JP gear is that it rewards you with lower item lvl that heroics do.

If they would reward you with higher item lvl then heroics, i think there wouldn't be so much rage for it.

And if they did it, people would accept the rep grind because it would reward you for higher time investment.
    You still get the higher reward for time investment from valor, the stuff that actually takes effort to acquire (to a degree.)

As well as the crafting recipes, which fill in blanks in your raid set.

And the flavor items for the reps.

JP is meant as a stepping stone for gearing, not a cockblock or completely useless trash. People were capping JP because they had nothing to spend it on.

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 11:03 AM ----------

Here is the link as you can see that is blizz statement they removed it, yesterday but apparently today they have to remove all rep from justice points.
    From justice, yes, but not from gating you from Shado-Pan and August Celestials for their Valor rewards.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteoric View Post
    In TBC, they made several attempts to limit PvPing for gear to use in PvE; none were sufficient, so they eventually went with a much stronger system of limitations in WotLK and Cata.

You talk about "earning" rewards, but the problem was that you couldn't earn rewards, because by the time you had access to them, they were no longer actually rewards.

Factions still have some gear that is locked behind reputation; it's just not ALL locked behind rep anymore. This is more like the TBC system you're holding up as an example! Badge of Justice gear didn't have rep requirements, even though it was better than stuff that dropped in TBC heroics, instead of worse!
    That is what i am talking about, they didn't remove any rep requirements from gear, badge of justice droped one per boss and to get anything for badge of justice you needed at least 25 badges, this mean killing around 25 heroic bosses or killing 12 raid bosses.

I am not against buffing the justice points gear, i am in favor of it, i am against removing the reputations restrictions from them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Not much in BC made any sense anyway

I am not against buffing the justice points gear, i am in favor of it, i am against removing the reputations restrictions from them.
    PvP gear was better. HC gear was better.
    In order to make Justice gear attractive while keeping the reputation req in place, they'd have to be better than HC drops. Barely anyone had any use for the JP gear in the previous state.
    At honored, I'd never spend my Justice at all, except Klaxxi, but that's a given standing.

JP rewards are supposed to transition you into HCs and get rid of those pesky 425s that might've tagged along. With the Honored requirement, you'd be better off just doing hcs anyway.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-10-03 at 11:14 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.