Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I'm wondering why Naix doesn't have medallion as a core item on him. His jungling goes from reasonably efficient and safe to "I'm running out of spawned camps I'm killing them so fast" with just the medallion. Plus it gives him mana regen so he can participate in ganks more often, and it's cheap. Did a quickie bot match and had medallion, treads, orb of venom, and most of an armlet by 12:30.

Seems like such a no-brainer for him since Feast is physical damage.
    Medallion is okay, but you farm so quickly even without it you might as well just get Armlet and Desolator.

That said, Medallion is really cheap and offers a nice boost of early-game Armor Reduction, so get it if you really want to. Personally, if there's any super low armor heroes on the enemy team (Like Doombringer), then it becomes a really useful item, since Lifestealer has some pretty decent early-game damage, so doing augmented physical damage at level 4-5 in a gank is amazing.
    Last edited by JimPaladin; 2012-10-02 at 08:26 PM.

rushing medallion when jungling with naix is/was pretty common because he's so bad at it. People in dota2 just build armlet 1000% of the time for some reason https://dotabuff.com/heroes/lifestealer/items

I would like to see medallion + drum, stuff like that for mid game

Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    rushing medallion when jungling with naix is/was pretty common because he's so bad at it. People in dota2 just build armlet 1000% of the time for some reason https://dotabuff.com/heroes/lifestealer/items

Naix is one of the best junglers in the entire game lol.

He's pretty bad at ganking if the lane doesn't have some form of stun, because his slow is, in all honestly, pretty shitty especially at low levels because you wont be doing much damage. Armlet is almost mandatory for him, because it's such a powerful Str/attack speed steroid, which, at low levels, is what you really need to get any kills.

He's more of a "Jungle like a crazy idiot and farm all game, ignoring all but the easiest ganks", rather than "jungle and gank", like some heroes are supposed to do (Enchantress and Axe and Natures Prophet etc).

He CAN lane, but because he has no decent CC, he's very easy to harass, and last hitting lane creeps can be very difficult. Jungling works much better for him, so you can get a few items and then start ganking with your ult.
    Last edited by JimPaladin; 2012-10-02 at 10:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Naix is one of the best junglers in the entire game lol.
    I find his jungling pretty slow. Then again I am not the most experienced jungler, nor do I play Nai'x a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been watching some games with Skane running a Juggernaut+Wisp combo and while they're winning due to superior overall play and coordination, I think a good part of it is just how strong their Juggernaut combo is in the early game. The Tether move speed bonus combined with the stun and Juggy's spin just results in kills that it honestly seems like the enemy team can't do a damned thing about other than hide by the tower and miss out on XP. Juggy turns the early money into quick Phase Boots and continues to spin to win, they use healing wards to push towers when appropriate, and then the non-stop ganks with Wisp teleport (which are a treat to watch... the guy that plays their Wisp... Mini, I think? He's freaking amazing) start and Juggy snowballs out of control.

They're winning because of excellent teamwork, but it seems like Juggy's powerful start is a major component - Wisp tethers to Juggy, Juggy spins, and they get a free kill and it seems like the only answer is to just stay the hell away... which probably means out of XP range. What're good methods of keeping Juggy contained in the early game when he has support from someone with a stun or strong slow (or Wisp, who gives move speed bonus)? Would running an offensive trilane work or would Juggy's free magic immunity nix any attempts at killing him?

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 04:38 AM ----------

Hmm. Is the tornado a wildkin summons considered a unit under your control?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Naix is an incredibly slow jungler and one of the easiest jungle ganks in the game. He's much better off in lane during early game, not that he is particularly good at that either. He's probably one of the worst jungle heroes, he's axe/centaur/huskar tier in the jungle and probably the slowest out of those
    Last edited by hailey; 2012-10-03 at 03:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend loves Skeleton King but I always feel that he needs a little something extra to make him more viable.

The +5% buff to his slow is gonna help but not on the scale that I think.

I've been saying that he needs another active ability and his crit and lifesteal should be rolled into 1 ability like brewmaster (Rescaling can obviously occur depending on how good this would be)

What are your thoughts on this hero?

10+ Year Old Account
    Naix is an incredibly slow jungler and one of the easiest jungle ganks in the game. He's much better off in lane during early game, not that he is particularly good at that either. He's probably one of the worst jungle heroes, he's axe/centaur/huskar tier in the jungle and probably the slowest out of those
    Really? He didn't feel any slower than Lycan or Profit, but I guess that could be perception. Seems like Enigma's top dog in the jungle, though... conversions kill shit so fast and you get the bounty from the creeps you convert, unlike Chen or Enchantress.

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 10:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    My friend loves Skeleton King but I always feel that he needs a little something extra to make him more viable.

The +5% buff to his slow is gonna help but not on the scale that I think.

I've been saying that he needs another active ability and his crit and lifesteal should be rolled into 1 ability like brewmaster (Rescaling can obviously occur depending on how good this would be)

What are your thoughts on this hero?
    He's pretty strong by my reckoning. His crit isn't the best, but it's good, and his lifesteal aura is nuts. I usually get a point in crit, then a point in aura, and finish crit after I max my stun at 7.

Force Staff is absolutely core on him. He needs the mana and the staff shove makes him very difficult to escape from. Once you've got Force Staff, Armlet, and a BKB you can pretty much just go to town on people and there isn't a lot they can do without it being an uneven fight. Just make sure you save the BKB for *after* your ulti pops.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Really? He didn't feel any slower than Lycan or Profit, but I guess that could be perception. Seems like Enigma's top dog in the jungle, though... conversions kill shit so fast and you get the bounty from the creeps you convert, unlike Chen or Enchantress.

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 10:57 AM ----------

He's pretty strong by my reckoning. His crit isn't the best, but it's good, and his lifesteal aura is nuts. I usually get a point in crit, then a point in aura, and finish crit after I max my stun at 7.

Force Staff is absolutely core on him. He needs the mana and the staff shove makes him very difficult to escape from. Once you've got Force Staff, Armlet, and a BKB you can pretty much just go to town on people and there isn't a lot they can do without it being an uneven fight. Just make sure you save the BKB for *after* your ulti pops.
    Hmmm, interesting. I've literally only just picked him up cause i've never really played him before. Do you get Soul Ring as a start item or just go straight for staff?

I've also picked up orb of venom early

Naix cant handle a lot of the hard camp spawns, I think pretty much only cetaur is doable from lvl 1. You can't really stack to offset that either like with DS or axe and he doesn't kill particularly fast. Plus any jungler that takes damage to jungle is naturally a much easier gank than those who have something to tank with. Often times any jungler is better than none, especially in pubs who almost never gank jungle but he's just not great at it. If you get a fast medallion you can make up for that much faster since feast is physical and is affected by armor. Kind of like a cheaper midas that actually lets you participate in early ganks and maybe even helps on an early rosh
    Last edited by hailey; 2012-10-03 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Hmmm, interesting. I've literally only just picked him up cause i've never really played him before. Do you get Soul Ring as a start item or just go straight for staff?

I've also picked up orb of venom early
    Soul Ring isn't necessary unless you're against a team with a mana burn hero like Riki, AM, Naga, Keeper, etc. It can still be useful if you can get off a stun and a couple of swings against whoever you're laning but it's not required.

I typically buy helm of iron will first, then make power treads, buy the staff of wizardry, finish armlet, and then finish force staff. Orb of venom can be a good choice and will be even stronger after the patch but it's not an item I'd consider necessary. If you got first blood or a period of free farm it can be nice to pick one up to try and snowball your early momentum advantage.

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 11:51 AM ----------

Naix cant handle a lot of the hard camp spawns, I think pretty much only cetaur is doable from lvl 1. You can't really stack to offset that either like with DS or axe and he doesn't kill particularly fast. Plus any jungler that takes damage to jungle is naturally a much easier gank than those who have something to tank with. Often times any jungler is better than none, especially in pubs who almost never gank jungle but he's just not great at it. If you get a fast medallion you can make up for that much faster since feast is physical and is affected by armor. Kind of like a cheaper midas that actually lets you participate in early ganks and maybe even helps on an early rosh
    Yeah. I think Naix's real strength as a jungle is his strong ganks. Open Wounds is one hell of a strong slow for low levels and the life leech lets you and your teammates stick around even if they have creeps pounding on you.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had problems with people escaping me when I play Leoric. The 4 second stun/slow is usually enough, plus just hit a target that's already slowed or stunned by a teammate. I usually just make Armlet then BKB and the game is usually in your favor or the enemies. His passive Lifesteal and Crit are ridiculous. Mid-game with an armlet his critting pretty damn hard. I don't think he really needs the extra int from force staff unless your team has no mana boot holders (would be very stupid). The passive stat gain alone lets you cast your stun a couple times in a fight late game, and mid-game all you really need is mana for a stun and your ult, assuming you have good picks for support heroes on your team.

I think the problem pub teams have when I lose is seemingly the lack of stuns we have. I've noticed a bunch of times that there'll be a lack of a good initiator and lack of strong stuns.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    I think the problem pub teams have when I lose is seemingly the lack of stuns we have. I've noticed a bunch of times that there'll be a lack of a good initiator and lack of strong stuns.
    That right there is a major problem in nearly all pub games I loose. No initiator, or the person playing it is to scared to initiate for w/e reason, and then a lack of cc or ability to remove 1 or 2 heroes from a team fight. I include people buying "cc" items as well. to counter it I've tried to play and counter "bads" by picking up in this area, but its usually to late by the time I do.

600 games Manta Style? And I'm like 20 of them :3
    Nothing like jumping in your own illusion, N'aixception works on a lot of people in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    600 games Manta Style? And I'm like 20 of them :3
    Not sure if you noticed, but the date range is only set to this month.

Deleted
    >not building armlet on every strength hero

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    >not building armlet on every strength hero
    What could go wrong with carry Wisp.

anyone who has played the game a lot knows the MMR system in Dota 2 is complete ass, either your team stomps the others, or the other way around. I have about 750 games won and everytime I have queued as stack either we destroy the others in 20min or we lose in 20min, I have yet to play a match where we have met an equal team.

advice when playing solo - before the game starts, just reeport everyone for everything so you dont bother 30min later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    What could go wrong with carry Wisp.
    Get MoM too for sick dps with overcharge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Get MoM too for sick dps with overcharge
    With a Quas heavy Invoker for Cold Snap rape