Too much Crit on Heroic dung gear, Focus regen suffers? Also other questions

Hey

Almost have full 463, missing both rings(Q_Q) and I've noticed that our gear has an absurd amount of Crit chance compared to other secondary stats.

Currently I have(Armory):

2551 Hit Rating
    2550 Expertise Rating
    1508 Haste Rating
    665 Mastery Rating
    5433 Crit Rating

The amount of crit is more than we need for hit and exp caps! That's INSANE!
    While I know Crit is our strongest secondary stat, I quite like faster Cobra Shot cast times(1.93 Sec seems kind of slow), anyone else feel like this?

Another question is about trinkets, which are best pre-raid? I currently have all 3 Heroic trinkets(#1, #2, #3) and I'm kind of lost in deciding which ones are the best pre-raid.

Thanks.

Deleted
    So you don't like your gear because it has best possible stats for you? Fyi, blizz implemented reforging to change stats you don't like into those that are better for you..

Quote Originally Posted by Maticko View Post
    So you don't like your gear because it has best possible stats for you? Fyi, blizz implemented reforging to change stats you don't like into those that are better for you..
    Reforging is used to get exact hit/exp caps, I only have maybe 3 pieces of gear that can be altered, and even they have Crit/Exp or Crit/Hit.
    Survival with lots of haste just feels more fluid, the 1.6-1.7 CS cast time was a nice speed at the end of DS.

If you prefer faster cobras, then reforge for it. If it's anything like Cataclysm then the DPS gains between secondary stats is negligible; so long as you're hit/exp capped, the last 3 don't really matter. I mean, obviously there's a 'best' one (crit), but if you just get a bit more haste than crit then you won't see any serious DPS decline. You may even see a boost, because you feel more confident with the rotation so perform better as a result.

As for the trinkets, my gut feeling is Windswept Pages is best. Then you use Flashing Steel if you need hit, Searing Words if you don't. Or if you need agility 'on demand', go for Flashing Steel.

I have way too much Mastery at the moment. First few days i had only 11% crit which sucked hard. At the moment i am trying to get all the items with crit on them and reforge for hit/exp/haste. I would kill to have your crit items ...

Beast mastery with BL and other pre-pots is godlike. Cant wait for better gear with loads of crit and haste for focus sustain. Than we will start to shine.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2012-10-02 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Reforging is used to get exact hit/exp caps, I only have maybe 3 pieces of gear that can be altered, and even they have Crit/Exp or Crit/Hit.
    Survival with lots of haste just feels more fluid, the 1.6-1.7 CS cast time was a nice speed at the end of DS.
    ummm reforging is used to convert one stat to another, not just hit/exp, in your case convert crit to haste

I think you have ended up with all the crit/x stat gear :P
    Theres always another alternative with another stat comp from another HC.

But yeah, reforge for the stat you want.
    "I can understand why gw2 fans are mad, they hyped their game for 2 years.
    Called all other games bad and it still pretty much failed in 2 weeks."

Deleted
    While I do agree that it's annoying to play with low haste, if cobra shots are at 1.93s it means you don't have 10% haste buff. Use a hyena

Would you like to trade some gear with me? I'll gladly take your crit gear.

crit is our best secondary stat save for haste when reaching plateaus =S

not really sure what your problem is.

1.8 seconds cast cobra isn't going to make anything different compared to 1.9 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    crit is our best secondary stat save for haste when reaching plateaus =S

not really sure what your problem is.

1.8 seconds cast cobra isn't going to make anything different compared to 1.9 seconds
    Not for BM spec really... it's Mastery then.
    "I can understand why gw2 fans are mad, they hyped their game for 2 years.
    Called all other games bad and it still pretty much failed in 2 weeks."

Quote Originally Posted by Tobblish View Post
    Not for BM spec really... it's Mastery then.
    second time i've seen someone say that mastery is better than crit for BM, did something drastically change with MoP in regards to BM mastery or is it just baseless assumptions?

second time i've seen someone say that mastery is better than crit for BM, did something drastically change with MoP in regards to BM mastery or is it just baseless assumptions?
    On patchwerk fights mastery is better because pet uptime is very high, but once your pet has to move around, mastery's value drops

i don't even see it, my fd stat weights show crit better than mastery and that assumes patchwerk conditions

Deleted
    Crit will always be better than mastery for bm. Crit affects all dmg, mastery only your pet dmg.

So in short words, crit > mastery and haste.

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 02:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    On patchwerk fights mastery is better because pet uptime is very high, but once your pet has to move around, mastery's value drops
    Not really. Mastery would only be better over crit, if your pet did 80+% of your total dmg, which it will never do.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't even see it, my fd stat weights show crit better than mastery and that assumes patchwerk conditions
    Patchwerk simulations are absolutely *useless* in Mists of Pandaria, considering how little you'll actually be standing still. As well, hunters are almost never affected by movement unless you don't go TotH. It seems like most here are neglecting this talent, however.

yeah that's what im saying: crit is going to become more valuable the less patchwerk the fight is compared to mastery for BM.

Every second your pet can't hit something is a detriment to mastery's value.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnacles View Post
    Patchwerk simulations are absolutely *useless* in Mists of Pandaria, considering how little you'll actually be standing still. As well, hunters are almost never affected by movement unless you don't go TotH. It seems like most here are neglecting this talent, however.
    Because direbeast is technically better, but I doubt it's a big margin, probably like 1k maybe.