Poll: What do you think of heroic dungeon difficulty?

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    The problem is with the idiots then, and rather than cater to them and rewrite the game around them, you should make it so they need to improve.
    The fact that people consider normal that the ENDGAME content should be faceroll easy is just frightening.
    This may be difficult to understand, but some people play games to relax and have fun. And you have the option of pursuing blood-pressure raising content in the form of challenge modes, now.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're perfect.

LFG pugs can't handle simple things like CC and focusing the tank. So they're perfect. If I want BC style difficulties, I can turn on challenge mode and run them with guidies who I know are capable of simple coordination.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Perfect. They are just one means of level-cap character progression. To say they are "too easy" is to admit that you have not been paying attention. Heroics play a different role now than they did before.

Raiding is much more mainstream, and Blizzard clearly wants players to consume raid content. Heroics used to provide a high barrier of entry for raid content, and now they don't. To compensate for the lack of challenging 5-man content, we have challenge modes.

It's silly to fret over other players having access to easier content. When a rag-tag group of casuals gets a world first (or even world 1000th) on any new heroic raid content, all of the childish whining in the world would be validated. Until that happens, I'm afraid that this is just people being afraid of change, especially when it's change they don't understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    Perfect. They are just one means of level-cap character progression. To say they are "too easy" is to admit that you have not been paying attention. Heroics play a different role now than they did before.

Raiding is much more mainstream, and Blizzard clearly wants players to consume raid content. Heroics used to provide a high barrier of entry for raid content, and now they don't. To compensate for the lack of challenging 5-man content, we have challenge modes.

It's silly to fret over other players having access to easier content. When a rag-tag group of casuals gets a world first (or even world 1000th) on any new heroic raid content, all of the childish whining in the world would be validated. Until that happens, I'm afraid that this is just people being afraid of change, especially when it's change they don't understand.
    I call it Kravitz Syndrome. People compensate for their misgivings and inadequacies by caring too much about what others are doing when it really shouldn't be any of their business.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    The problem is with the idiots then, and rather than cater to them and rewrite the game around them, you should make it so they need to improve.
    They tried that. It was a complete failure.

The fact that people consider normal that the ENDGAME content should be faceroll easy is just frightening.
    Why is it frightening? Do you frighten so easily? That sounds debilitating.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Kravitz Syndrome
    I indeed LOLed.

They're way too easy. Cata heroics at the beginning were hardcore content compared to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    They're way too easy. Cata heroics at the beginning were hardcore content compared to this.
    Cata heroics at the beginning were deliberately tuned up. That was their whole problem -- the interaction of that with LFD was just disastrous. The devs spent the whole expansion backpeddling from that mistake.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Cata heroic dungeons were too easy still, it was only the T11 raids that were way overtuned to the point of ridiculousness, so that many server didn't manage to clear normal modes before 4.1 hit.

Zandalari heroics pre-nerf were just fine.
    Last edited by mmocc3e324ee93; 2012-10-03 at 05:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Which is a good thing how, exactly? I made the mistake of hitting 85 with my priest instead of my mage, and having to suffer through healing pugged H Grim Batol.

Perhaps hypertension and peptic ulcers are fun for some. Not I, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    So the only content meant to be even remotely challenging is the absolute top-end content?
    That's embarassing
    I laughed. Then facepalmed. Good one.

How to tell if a dungeon is too easy:

1) You clear it on lfg with 3 DKs in your group
    2) You never use any cc on trash mobs
    3) The healer is 3rd on the dps chart
    4) No one knows where the entrance of the dungeon is
    5) You clear everything with no buffs or pots
    6) The healer doesn't have to stop to drink
    7) The tank is a DK and you still win

Deleted
    Mages were useless before patch 4.1, you could have gone dps as Priest.

It is unfortunate that they are too easy, but I believe that it is important for them to be easy. The majority of people are simply too fucking stupid to be able to run a more difficult dungeon without it taking forever and a million wipes, which punishes people who are doing things correctly but who just don't have the guild members or friends to run heroics with. There are even people who do have a guild and friends to run with, which then removes their 15% health, damage, and healing buff, and their guild members and friends are actually horrible players anyway and then they're shit out of luck.

For instance, in one of the new Scarlet Monastery dungeons (the one that's Library/Armory put together), there is the new Herod boss who does tornado Blades of Light. When you get hit by this tornado, you die, no ifs ands or buts. This is the only boss that I've wiped on in a pug twice in a row and in more than one instance, with different people, and with my guild group. Pretty much every other boss, you can get hit by things and not die, or die and it doesn't matter, or usually only one really really bad person might die because he just straight up stood in aoe forever, and you don't wipe on those. Instant kill boss, you wipe on. You wipe on it twice, with the same people dying who died the attempt before, for the same reason. The best part is, it tells you when you die, in big letters on your screen, "Hey buddy, you died to Blades of Light. Avoid this in the future by not getting in the boss' way." And yet people die next attempt. To the same thing.

Now imagine that in every dungeon, each boss does something that will indiscriminately kill someone for messing up, every time. You'd wipe twice on every boss. The dungeons that take 10-20 minutes now take 45 minutes with run backs, yelling and arguing, waiting for a new tank, etc.

I would like for dungeons to be more difficult, but only if there were some way to force idiots to somehow be able to understand how to do them without wasting all of my time ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    What this really comes down to is that some people actually understand game and/or product design, while others are just opinionated and unwilling to think outside of their relatively tiny comfort zones.

"I'm familiar with X, I like X, and you are changing X. Therefore you are stupid because obviously."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    That only happens if you're unfortunate to have Arcane Mages in your group lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Mages were useless before patch 4.1, you could have gone dps as Priest.
    Quite simply, I despise shadow.

And I play how I like. I Frost maged my way through Firelands and still managed to crap over most other people's deeps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    How to tell if a dungeon is too easy:

1) You clear it on lfg with 3 DKs in your group
    2) You never use any cc on trash mobs
    4) No one knows where the entrance of the dungeon is
    5) You clear everything with no buffs or pots
    6) The healer doesn't have to stop to drink
    7) The tank is a DK and you still win
    Up next, "How to tell if someone is stuck in the past."

Keep it constructive
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-03 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    What this really comes down to is that some people actually understand game and/or product design, while others are just opinionated and unwilling to think outside of their relatively tiny comfort zones.

"I'm familiar with X, I like X, and you are changing X. Therefore you are stupid because obviously."
    To quote the Daily Blink:

"How DARE you sell a gentleman a box of Cream of Wheat for $2.29 when I paid a DOLLAR more only last tuesday. My breakfast is RETROACTIVELY RUINED."

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroics are fine. There are challenging things in the game, challenge mode, pvp and raids. If you want challenge to get gear 2 of the 3 things I mention do that. If you mention that you don't want raids to the be the only challenging way to get get gear then I give because that's your option and really that's the way the game has always been built.