Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Cheer Blizzard! i do not want to pvp for my pve gear!

I think this apperent hole in gear scaling is caused by the early absence of LFR, since gear from there would would be well above the honor gear. Seems like there was a hole in the their logic :P

went to go spend my justice points for the level 90 gear even though I am only level 88.
    wanted to put them in the bank.

can't purchase because I am not level 90.
    tooltip fail.

I only can say that I am stupid guy

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, i'm glad they keep making the game more fair for people of all playstyles

/facpalm at all the pvp/pve/JP gear arguing

What blizz did was totaly right. I have to admit i don't pvp that much = more of a pve freak, but still....
    - JP gear to 458, good. Now we can use them to fill gaps in gear where we are unlucky in HCs (like others have mentioned)
    - We get JP from normal instances + a lot of people got caped honor + JP from cata.
    - Unless they changed it back, HC requirement is now ilvl 435 instead of 440 (Not a needed change imo, but now people can't QQ about having to "farm" gear to 440)
    - PvP gear got BUFFED in power/resi to make up for the reduction to 458, so it will still be great for pvp... It's just not as good for pve, which is why they changed it to beginn with.

So what they basicly did was to make it easier for both parts, without mixing them together (pve gear for pvp and other way around)... I honestly don't understand how you guys can whine so much about it and how you can't see how it helped both parts in a way.
    And yes, I kinda agree that it's stupid that blizz didn't add honor weaps. But weapons are dropping from almost every HC instance, and you will do normals/HCs or something similar sometime anyway i gues? I mean, i don't know a single pvp player that NEVER does pve just for some variasion in his playing.

Ohh, and i didn't even get pvp gear from honor yet (partly because I honestly didn't know about it haha) but i will now, even if it's "nerfed".... altho i'm getting it to pvp every now and then.
    So i think blizz did the right thing here, keep it up!!

Edit: Stupid typo (Might be more of them, i blame my lack of english as main language )

Deleted
    Quick question, what is JP even for anymore? And with that, why even bother with scenarios? (Besides the so called 'story'.)

Quote Originally Posted by Roguezor View Post
    /facpalm at all the pvp/pve/JP gear arguing

What blizz did was totaly right. I have to admit i don't pvp that much = more of a pve freak, but still....
    - JP gear to 458, good. Now we can use them to fill gaps in gear where we are unlucky in HCs (like others have mentioned)
    - We get JP from normal instances + a lot of people got caped honor + JP from cata.
    - Unless they changed it back, HC requirement is now ilvl 435 instead of 440 (Not a needed change imo, but now people can't QQ about having to "farm" gear to 440)
    - PvP gear got BUFFED in power/resi to make up for the reduction to 458, so it will still be great for pvp... It's just not as good for pve, which is why they changed it to beginn with.

So what they basicly did was to make it easier for both parts, without mixing them together (pve gear for pvp and other way around)... I honestly don't understand how you guys can whine so much about it and how you can't see how it helped both parts in a way.
    And yes, I kinda agree that it's stupid that blizz didn't add honor weaps. But weapons are dropping from almost every HC instance, and you will do normals/HCs or something similar sometime anyway i gues? I mean, i don't know a single pvp player that NEVER does pve just for some variasion in his playing.

Ohh, and i didn't even get pvp gear from honor yet (partly because I honestly didn't know about it haha) but i will now, even if it's "nerfed".... altho i'm getting it to pvp every now and then.
    So i think blizz did the right thing here, keep it up!!

Edit: Stupid typo (Might be more of them, i blame my lack of english as main language )
    So you are saaying tl:dr is Its bad to PvP for PvE but its ok to PvE for PvP gotcha.
    Last edited by Miko; 2012-10-03 at 05:36 PM.

I like to raid and i like to pvp before it was a no brainer to just do pvp and get the higher ilvl with pvp stats stacked on. But this is stupid, because now i have to to pve to get a high enough ilvl to get into lfr next week. Really should have just increased the jp ilvl up. Because before you were forcing pve players to pvp to get bis items. And now you are forcing pvp to pve to get bis ilvl for lfr. Guess balance is never blizzards priority.

Quote Originally Posted by SickCilia View Post
    I like to raid and i like to pvp before it was a no brainer to just do pvp and get the higher ilvl with pvp stats stacked on. But this is stupid, because now i have to to pve to get a high enough ilvl to get into lfr next week. Really should have just increased the jp ilvl up. Because before you were forcing pve players to pvp to get bis items. And now you are forcing pvp to pve to get bis ilvl for lfr. Guess balance is never blizzards priority.

Ya, I don't know why they didn't just make the JP gear and 5man heroic gear 464 like the honor shit. Conquest Point gear will prob be the same way, better then LFR gear and thus players will farm it out to start raids(more of a casual player). Kinda what I plan to do. Get conquest gear chillax.

JP gear still shows rep requirement for me. I opened a ticket, we'll see what happens. I also read reports from other players that entering instances caused JP gear to re-activate faction requirement. If this takes another maintenance day to fix, then I wont be needing any 463 by then. This change does help people who want to alt up a little bit but still this expansion feels more like a one character for the first half kind of expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciric View Post
    On a side note. PvP is an ADDITION to the main game, which still is a role playing game, not the other way around! So if any part if to suffer to "fix" the other part, it has to be the PvP part.
    There is no side that has to suffer for anything. All they would have to do is add more pvp power to the weapons to make them desirable in PvP but not worth it in PvE. The fact that they are simply refusing to do so and rather give us a big fuck you while never changing anything for our sake even if it wouldn't matter much, just make PvE players do a little less damage (BOO FUCKING HOO) or not even, but just make certain things simply not usable or not work in the arena.

But no.
    For PvE? In a Heartbeat.
    For PvP? Not in a million years.

Quote Originally Posted by blaqkmagick View Post
    458 items still doesn't really help considering heroics give 463.
    Perhaps they're going with a new gearing system than previous expansions; maybe now JP gear is supposed to help get you into Heroics, seeing as normal dungeons give JP.

But then again, with how absurdly easy Heroics are, JP gear isn't even necessary...you can just hop into heroics in quest greens and some normal mode blues and still do fine. GG blizz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

ah i just wanne get some pvp gear lol

this si dumb considering ive ran a shit load of heroics last week got a bunch of 463 blues then the 463 epics come our and are slightly better .. so i get rid of my heroic blues and now have to refarm them...