Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Go level a mage alt like everyone else to play harbinger
    I guess I am not everyone then.....screw melee mages. If I want melee DPS I'll play a warrior or switch my rouge to melee. I guess I see where they are coming from to an extent, seeing as Clerics have melee and ranged DPS, Rogues have Melee and Ranged DPS and they felt for some reason like they had to give Warriors ranged as well, so it's only fair to give Mages a melee option as well, I guess. You won't catch me playing it though, mage is for pew pew as far as I am concerned, and I did enough of that in WoW, so I probably won't play a mage at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    You won't catch me playing it though, mage is for pew pew as far as I am concerned, and I did enough of that in WoW, so I probably won't play a mage at all.
    It is a mage that can spawn a Scythe out of it's ass! How could you not want to try this thing out?

My biggest concern at the moment is the lack of PvP content, and that only one Colossus has been shown. I am also concerned that seven dungeons is a very small amount, considering how often we will run them. I would like to have seen double digits there.

But, six weeks til launch so let's see what Trion can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    My biggest concern at the moment is the lack of PvP content, and that only one Colossus has been shown. I am also concerned that seven dungeons is a very small amount, considering how often we will run them. I would like to have seen double digits there.

But, six weeks til launch so let's see what Trion can do.

All valid points and have been raised by the community on the official forums as well. I agree to a certain extent. Perhaps in the patches after the expansion however we will see some significant additions. if they keep up the 2 month patch schedule, then there is no limit to what they will provide us once the expansion goes live.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Curious to see how many, if any, of the dungeons have master modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    Curious to see how many, if any, of the dungeons have master modes.
    None, they already confirmed no Master Modes for launch.

This. Not sure what to make of it to be honest. I'm also uncertain as to how quick the leveling process will be, what new epic quest chains will be made available, and the addition of only one chronicle seems to be on the low side.

I'm guessing that they may be banking on the carnage and hunt Rifts as having significant rewards for the players with some worthwhile gear?

Either way, a lot will be answered this Friday and in the coming few weeks.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Tarien you are falling into that trap of thinking Trion is Blizzard. Think we all know by now there is another content patch within a month or 2 months after SL releases. We will get two content maybe three before Blizzard drops another one.

Trion does one thing no other dev does. The more money they get the more epic and crazy the content gets. They are easily about to get another ridiculous cash injection from SL sales. The sheer amount of people with favorable opinions of Rift and Trion are ridiculous.

The problem was game was just small and broke away from multiple alts. The game being small is not even remotely a issue anymore. Also there are just so many more paths to end game + it is just packed with content now. I can tell you now when I rolled a alt in WoW it was because I fucking bored in WoW because there was nothing to do. There is already alot to do at end game and now they are tripling that.

Add in housing and it is a done deal. I can see where this is going. I would drop money on their stock right now if they were public.

I have no doubt that the update schedule will be as awesome as ever, I just think they should have taken another month to add in a couple more dungeons, another colossus or two, a new warfront. Maybe they will anyway.

Also since Master Modes drop T1 raid level loot, I expect them to appear once T2 raids are out, roughly 6-7months after launch. That would make most sense.

I have no doubt that the update schedule will be as awesome as ever, I just think they should have taken another month to add in a couple more dungeons, another colossus or two, a new warfront. Maybe they will anyway.
    Here is the problem with Trion and it is uniquely a Trion thing. The fast content back fires also. They were begged by the community to drop another 5 man, but they dropped it so close to HK people were like wtf is the point?

This is not like WoW remember. Blizzard put out like 7 instances??? 6 months from now they might get 1 raid? or maybe 2 instances? Trion could put out two more instances, but then right away be under pressure for another raid in 1/3 the time

Also outside of scenery why have that many dungeons??? You do not need that many to gear people up to raid level. We are also not mentioning hunt Rifts which are looking like a valid way to gear up.

Also we have to remember Trions 10man content is not just cut and paste of 20man content. That is new content by definition.

Also since Master Modes drop T1 raid level loot, I expect them to appear once T2 raids are out, roughly 6-7months after launch. That would make most sense.
    If you were able to look on the beta forums prior to this afternoon, there was a PvP section. But dalgar (maybe it was gersh, I don't remember) confirmed there there will be some new pvp content and said what it was, I think the post is gone for now though.
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Here is the problem with Trion and it is uniquely a Trion thing. The fast content back fires also. They were begged by the community to drop another 5 man, but they dropped it so close to HK people were like wtf is the point?

This is not like WoW remember. Blizzard put out like 7 instances??? 6 months from now they might get 1 raid? or maybe 2 instances? Trion could put out two more instances, but then right away be under pressure for another raid in 1/3 the time

Also outside of scenery why have that many dungeons??? You do not need that many to gear people up to raid level. We are also not mentioning hunt Rifts which are looking like a valid way to gear up.

Also we have to remember Trions 10man content is not just cut and paste of 20man content. That is new content by definition.
    More dungeons means more options. I'd hate to only have a few dungeons that I can run for my daily or whatever. The more options, the less burned out you'll get and it won't be like "awww not this dungeon again" but rather "ooo yay this dungeon!"
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Master Modes were to help gear people up quicker / fill the gap for later raids to allow guilds to gear up players easier.

They will probably come after the next tier is opened.

There is no reason not to believe that we will be seeing a lot of dungeons added to this expansion as most of the Quality of Life improvements from v1.0 have been added to the engine in v1.10 as the game is polished and stable as can be. Most of the next patches will be just plain, juicy content.

You guys are forgetting it only took like a few weeks to add Cauduceus Rise which was two dungeons, remember? That patch also included a ton of other stuff - in a few weeks. This... is not Azeroth, guys.
    Last edited by Jabberwocky; 2012-10-03 at 11:45 PM.

i have two exams tomorrow, so this beta is going to be a good reward from trion for getting good grades <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kantor View Post
    i have two exams tomorrow, so this beta is going to be a good reward from trion for getting good grades <3
    Or something to distract you from how badly you went :P

Good luck!

Anyone know from past Beta/Alphas what time the events usually start at?

By the way...

I envy Primal. :<

Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    Anyone know from past Beta/Alphas what time the events usually start at?

By the way...

I envy Primal. :<
    I think we all do :P
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Well Elrar told us not the quote the Beta Forums so i'm gunna edit this.
    Last edited by Padwarle; 2012-10-04 at 05:57 PM.

Out on a business trip from o-dark-30 tomorrow morning till mid afternoon on Saturday -_- This is severely cutting into my time checking out the new cleric soul and watching the Tactician livestream!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    Elrar says:
    Awesome! I have a LAN party that starts at 10AM CST on Friday.

I know what I'll be spending my time doing........
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water