... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Yeah well, this is why I don't do PvP:

"OMG! just give up already!"
    "You guys suck!"
    "This team is horrible!"
    "OMFG WHY ARE YOU IN PVE GEAR?"
    The best part being the guy claiming the rest of the team sucks is usually so busy lambasting the team that he doesn't have time to climb beyond the bottom 1/5 of the team on the board at the end of the BG.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Wait till you see how many pugs go to Scarlet Halls and either don't use the buckets, don't wait for someone else to use the buckets when they are clearly doing so or attack the dogs once they go neutral. (Then blame the tank and healer for already walking past them.)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    the reason i don't like playing with random people is the fact that they always ninja my loot on me....

I'm levelling my brewmaster atm, I've raided end game for years now and tanked on every single class. Since MOP came out I have never hated doing dungeons as much as I do now. The community seems to have forgotten all about letting tanks pull in this patch and has even argued with me when i tell them that they should let the tank pull. I explained to one guy (a shaman) that kept pulling and claiming "you don't need tanks at level 40 lolol fucking noob etc. etc.", that i was using these levels to get to know my new abilities and a new class...his response made me laugh. "I already know all classes don't need tank just speed fk off tank". (that's an exact quote btw). So i feel the OP's pain and people need to remember that they're in there to do a job...do it and don't make other people's more difficult!

OP, it's not you - it's them.

Just chill. It's why I eventually stopped tanking in LFG. Impatient idiots. Then, as my friends stopped playing, in Cata, I didn't have guildies to play with and eventually went healer, then just said "screw it" and stopped playing. Never been back.

Heck, I was leveling my paladin in late Lich King and had done 8 runs with four guys and we were cruising as I was in full Kara/TK epics running dungeons, then two guys left and two new guys came in and started acting like complete idiots and insulting me and the other guys were like: "Um, we have run 8 runs with this bloke - give him time to get aggro - it's you, not him"

My advice - Just run with guildies /or quit the game. Life's too short to let insignificant people upset you.

The internet community is nothing to take serious. Most of those guys that run you down are usually fat, unemployed, unskilled, 30-something year old guys with no life living in their mom's basement. Truth.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen 2 groups with pet be about the max for tanks.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    There are good players, bad players and egotistical players... it can be a concoction of all... I'm good... I'm not egotistical... but I can't stand playing with bad players. I just won't make a scene... If someone is bad, I'll whisper to them that I'm done raiding/dungeoning w/e. I leave and find someone new.
    Yeah - about "that". Think you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Areox View Post
    So I'm leveling my warrior through the outlands, and I hadnt tried tanking yet so I decided I would. 3rd dungeon in, I come across 3 people (from different servers) about 5 percent into the dungeon.

"pull lots bro"

Alright, I know what I can and cannot handle at 58 when the mobs are 61. I knew they were going to just AOE things down, fine by me. It was a monk, frost dk, and a mage. The thing is, they wouldnt even let me get aggro first. So we have mobs running all over while they spam their aoe's and what not. Then they proceed to call me bad and letting other insults fly, and all I responded with was, "they arent letting me get aggro"

"omg"
    "LOL"
    "Is he serious"
    "this tank is bad kick him"

AND THEN, the healer was complaining that I wasnt pulling enough. I think 2 packs of mobs with pats is sufficient enough. So I pull 4 packs. Wipe. EVEN MORE INSULTS.

Its like Im fighting a losing battle. I never PVE, I do very little "dungeoning" on my other toons, so is this how people are all the time?
    You can't let situations like this one get you down. The healer and players with you obviously had a less concrete grasp on the mechanics. People are going to hide their failures behind the quiet one in the party. I was in an SM last night where the healer couldn't keep anyone alive, and i got kicked because two of dps knew her. Cover your bases, pull what you're comfortable with and it'll grow as you do more. Don't blame pve for bad players, blame bad players for ruining your fun

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BRO90X View Post
    As a warrior, you should be able to hold aggro in any aoe situation. Ive dungeon leveled my monk so far from 15-58 and only have had compliments.
    You probably spend more time inisde than outisde aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Areox View Post
    So I'm leveling my warrior through the outlands, and I hadnt tried tanking yet so I decided I would. 3rd dungeon in, I come across 3 people (from different servers) about 5 percent into the dungeon.

"pull lots bro"

Alright, I know what I can and cannot handle at 58 when the mobs are 61. I knew they were going to just AOE things down, fine by me. It was a monk, frost dk, and a mage. The thing is, they wouldnt even let me get aggro first. So we have mobs running all over while they spam their aoe's and what not. Then they proceed to call me bad and letting other insults fly, and all I responded with was, "they arent letting me get aggro"

"omg"
    "LOL"
    "Is he serious"
    "this tank is bad kick him"

AND THEN, the healer was complaining that I wasnt pulling enough. I think 2 packs of mobs with pats is sufficient enough. So I pull 4 packs. Wipe. EVEN MORE INSULTS.

Its like Im fighting a losing battle. I never PVE, I do very little "dungeoning" on my other toons, so is this how people are all the time?
    I would react the same way to a prot warrior complaining about AOE threat, and my main is a prot warrior. All you have to do is Thunderclap once and the mobs are on you. If I had to guess, I'd say you were probably in Berserker Stance.

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 11:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WilanRohling View Post
    People cannot understand that they aren't in charge of everyone else in the game. I play tanks almost exclusively, and the thing I've learned is to just ignore them and pull what I want, how I want. If they want to pull first, don't help them, just let them take the mobs and you go to the next group and pull it. Usually this causes the healer to have to increase their output a lot, and hopefully will get them on your side.

If not, try to just run with friends/guildies, or do what I do in extreme cases: RP walk the rest of the instance. If they kick you, who cares, you get an instant queue anyway.

Thing is, people are just selfish. They don't care about you or anyone else, only their self-satisfaction. That's fine when you pay to play, but a decent human being should have some sort of respect for others, regardless of whether they're face to face with someone or not.

To answer your last question: Yes, people in PUGs are like this ALL the time. Some might say I'm exaggerating, but I have seen this type of behavior in most, if not all, of the random dungeons I've tanked.
    And I've never seen that kind of behavior in a random dungeon that I have tanked. What do you think is the most likely reason why people would complain about your tanking in every dungeon run you join?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, you're referring to BG's... Haven't called those PvP in years... Always called them "Kill everyone who is undgeared" which is about 99%.
    If this is referring to low lvl dungs... Havn't called those PvE in years... Always harrashed if the tank doesn't have the gear/skill to chainpull everything.

I tanked (warrior) in (new) Naxx, with my guild. I wasn't a main tank in the guild, but I did MT bosses. I did well and really enjoyed it, but mostly focused on my main, eventually abandoning the tank.

A little after Cata came out and I got my main to 85, I decided to try my tank again. I stayed Prot since questing is decently easy. I decided to try some entry-level randoms, and got the same shit from everyone. People IMMEDIATELY spamming AoE, the hunter telling me there's no need for MD (why does that ability exist, then? My main is a hunter. I use MD even when I don't have aggro because it helps).

People are so mean. I hadn't tanked in a while, didn't play end game WotLK so I didn't have good gear, but people just don't give a shit.

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 04:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    All you have to do is Thunderclap once and the mobs are on you.
    No, not really. If they start dpsing before you even hit them, don't stop at all, and you have lesser gear than them, it's a challenge.

Deleted
    Well you can come across a lot of rude and bad ppl when using LFD/LFR, you just have to learn to not care about their insults or just become really good at tanking to the point you can pull loads. I can understand how annoying it can be sometimes, I find myself (as monk brewmaster) being asked to pull 5 and 6 groups and having to kite them and doing it successfully and once at 37 lvl that I failed they went "OMG SCRUB L2TANK". Well I'm not used to be a kiting tank lol. Anw! Find a nice and happy guild like others suggested and keep working on your tanking skills. After 10 or so runs you will see that everything is easy to tank unless it's high end raiding or challenge modes. Continue having fun playing your warrior as YOU LIKE and let these n00bs scream like babies for the instance lsating more than 10 mins!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    Hold aggro? Read the OP, you can't "hold aggro" if you never have time to GET aggro.

@OP - Take everyone's advice and find friends or a guild to play with who won't act like these randoms.
    Thunderclap doesn't have a cast time and has a very short cooldown. Threat is not really a mechanic anymore. I can shield slam a mob, tab to another mob in the group and I'll hold threat until the first mob is dead. You always have time to get aggro, always.

Quote Originally Posted by reyina View Post
    I tanked (warrior) in (new) Naxx, with my guild. I wasn't a main tank in the guild, but I did MT bosses. I did well and really enjoyed it, but mostly focused on my main, eventually abandoning the tank.

A little after Cata came out and I got my main to 85, I decided to try my tank again. I stayed Prot since questing is decently easy. I decided to try some entry-level randoms, and got the same shit from everyone. People IMMEDIATELY spamming AoE, the hunter telling me there's no need for MD (why does that ability exist, then? My main is a hunter. I use MD even when I don't have aggro because it helps).

People are so mean. I hadn't tanked in a while, didn't play end game WotLK so I didn't have good gear, but people just don't give a shit.

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 04:30 PM ----------

No, not really. If they start dpsing before you even hit them, don't stop at all, and you have lesser gear than them, it's a challenge.
    I'm with you on this. And... then these same people, after getting people to quit tanking wonder why the queues are so long.

Quote Originally Posted by reyina View Post
    Yes, really. Gear doesn't matter. If they dps first it doesn't matter. Threat is that easy now. Performing a proper threat rotation, I'll have 10-20x more threat than the person beneath me. Just hitting one ability every 10 seconds, I'll still easily hold threat. Thunderclap alone is enough for AOE tanking. It might not be enough to hold against single target dps during an AOE phase, but that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by WilanRohling View Post
    People cannot understand that they aren't in charge of everyone else in the game. I play tanks almost exclusively, and the thing I've learned is to just ignore them and pull what I want, how I want. If they want to pull first, don't help them, just let them take the mobs and you go to the next group and pull it. Usually this causes the healer to have to increase their output a lot, and hopefully will get them on your side.

If not, try to just run with friends/guildies, or do what I do in extreme cases: RP walk the rest of the instance. If they kick you, who cares, you get an instant queue anyway.

Thing is, people are just selfish. They don't care about you or anyone else, only their self-satisfaction. That's fine when you pay to play, but a decent human being should have some sort of respect for others, regardless of whether they're face to face with someone or not.

To answer your last question: Yes, people in PUGs are like this ALL the time. Some might say I'm exaggerating, but I have seen this type of behavior in most, if not all, of the random dungeons I've tanked.
    As a healer, I enjoyed it when I had at least one good dps because the rest of the group just wasn't necessary and I gave no shits to what happened. Hell when leveling my shaman I ended up tanking some BC instances as Enhancement because the tank was terrible and quit but the healer was decent so it didn't matter in the slightest. In wrath I consistently did heroics without a tank on purpose because it was faster and I preferred actually having to do SOMETHING other than spam lightning bolt and a riptide here or there. I've even noticed a lot of the challenge mode groups are just running without a dedicated healer which sort of makes me happy, as I eventually got the the point end wrath going into cata that I just stuck elemental and healed as that, or wore my T6 while healing dungeons because they were piss easy.

Also yes, the majority of pugs are retarded, in all games. Even RIFT that has one of the best PvE communities I have ever been a part of still had bad random players in dungeons. Or better yet go look at MOBAs or FPS random people, it's all the same. People as a whole are assholes or bad at games on the internet, even one of my RL friends was mad that hunters couldn't use melee and ranged weapons at the same time anymore since he didn't want to bother moving during combat and just wanted to switch to melee when the mob reached him.

Yes, really. Gear doesn't matter. If they dps first it doesn't matter. Threat is that easy now. Performing a proper threat rotation, I'll have 10-20x more threat than the person beneath me. Just hitting one ability every 10 seconds, I'll still easily hold threat. Thunderclap alone is enough for AOE tanking. It might not be enough to hold against single target dps during an AOE phase, but that's another story.
    Well, I was talking about early Cata in my story above. I'm not currently playing, so maybe that's true.

Still, just because this is what YOU experience doesn't mean that everyone else does too.

Deleted
    Thunderclap doesn't have a cast time and has a very short cooldown. Threat is not really a mechanic anymore. I can shield slam a mob, tab to another mob in the group and I'll hold threat until the first mob is dead. You always have time to get aggro, always.
    You don't HAVE to get aggro if the DPS/Healer pulls mobs before you're even ready.

Oh, you're referring to BG's... Haven't called those PvP in years... Always called them "Kill everyone who is undgeared" which is about 99%.
    On this context, it is comparable to calling a lvl 60 random TBC dungeon "PVE".