Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    So far:

pure dps are dead and buried
    healers are god mode
    hybrids can't kill healers but can kill each other and can't loose against pure dps

Long story short: I am out of pvp

Regards

A sad warlock

ps: OT: Druids, Paladins, Shaman, Priests
    If you are a lock and QQing about being weak then it is best you stop pvping. They are in a far better state then they have been recently.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

BM hunter killed me in arena in 2 second stun from full hp (note that i have full pvp set 56%dmg reduction) as frost DK.

so yeah pure dps classes being weak is bullshit hunters pown shit. also i think frost DK is pretty good as im doing 120k crits on full pvp guys in arena, not so good survivability but you can nuke most people down before they kill you
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    If you are a lock and QQing about being weak then it is best you stop pvping. They are in a far better state then they have been recently.
    Well, you're right about lock being better than their Cata state (could it be any worse?). But pretending healers and hybrids don't rock the place currently is being a little bit out of context imo. If you have a lock I suggest you duel a ret / spriest / druid to get the feeling on how good locks currently are. Ofc in arena with a pocket healer this is another story. Talking BG here.

(i stopped pvping for now)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    BM hunter killed me in arena in 2 second stun from full hp (note that i have full pvp set 56%dmg reduction) as frost DK.

so yeah pure dps classes being weak is bullshit hunters pown shit. also i think frost DK is pretty good as im doing 120k crits on full pvp guys in arena, not so good survivability but you can nuke most people down before they kill you

Kripparian is often good at showing off broken stuff - in Mop he decided to take on a BM hunter. Quite fun to watch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujyUsCnbfrY

I just play the class i enjoy the most, if they're overpowered or underpowered i dont care. It changes every season anyway. When u play a char u like, it makes u want to practice and get better at it (atleast I do), wich will lead to higher ratings. Players that reroll the FOTM class every season just cant get high rating otherwise, or dont want to put the effort in it to get better and just want to steamroll their way to Glad. To me it also seems alot of ppl are just jealous of some ppl getting high rating and try to blame their succes on the class their playing.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes
    you’re behind…the race is long, and in the end, it’s only with yourself." - baz luhrmann

Deleted
    i don't understand the QQ here about how OP every other class is T_T but hee! i play a hunter and i am leveling a monk now to 90 haven't seen any monk at 90 pvping to my surprising:O

Deleted
    Warriors seems strong stuns, interupt, silence,recklessness, the heal thing, fear, leap and practicly immune to fear. good warriors are a pain for me Spriest

Personally I would have to say the strongest is destro locks in BGs because they are able to sit in the back and nuke but also have enough CDs where if they get swapped to, they're not insta-dead.

The one thing about your post is how your at least honest. You want to play the most OP class for pvp so you can feel that your a good player.

Thanks for being honest
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Deleted
    The thing is, everybody can own with a class they enjoy to play and know how to play.
    Myself am rubish at playing warrior, I don't know why, but it doesnt fit me. While other players own like crazy with a warrior.
    I really enjoy playing druid and I am good at it, while some others may suck with playing a druid.

Find a class you enjoy to play, know how to play and stick with it.
    The more you play with one class, the better you'll get.

Good luck

15+ Year Old Account
    Today I queued up with my rogue teammate from 3's (I"m shadow, both 2400+ experienced players with at minimum 45% resilience), we did pretty well - but ran into Mutilate Rogue / BM Hunter. The rogue mass stealthed out of the gates (we did too), the hunter had summoned all his pets, all of which were also stealthed (unsure if mass rogue stealth or camo with glyph, but either way). My rogue found their hunter very quickly, so we looked for their rogue for a bit for a sap, but then figured we'd just open hard on their hunter when we couldn't find their rogue - opened with cheap shot - the hunters pets INSTANTLY gibbed my rogue, not in a global - on the first bite of each pet - by our estimate the hunter dealt about 600k intended damage (after resilience and damage reduction) through his pets on the fight attack - of course our rogue died after 360k damage - but totally overpowered and broken.

Moral of the story: If you are a level 90 hunter, find 2 other level 90 hunters and queue up for 3's - farm to 3k rating over the next few days before you get nerfed, then don't play all season: free gladiator / possible rank 1.

To be clear, the rogue and the hunter dealt no damage - it was entirely the damage of one hunters pets (all pets possible) - and it was literally instantly, not one GCD - instant - the first bite of each pet.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadra View Post
    The thing is, everybody can own with a class they enjoy to play and know how to play.
    Myself am rubish at playing warrior, I don't know why, but it doesnt fit me. While other players own like crazy with a warrior.
    I really enjoy playing druid and I am good at it, while some others may suck with playing a druid.

Find a class you enjoy to play, know how to play and stick with it.
    The more you play with one class, the better you'll get.

Good luck
    That's a fallacy. Always was and and always will be. Just because you enjoy a class, doesn't mean you can be really good with it. While player skill does play a role in performance, some classes' mechanics are dragging said players down no matter how skilled they are.

Sure, if you like a class you can easily get over the fact the fact you suck in pvp and, in some cases, even enter a state of denial about your own bad performance and think you're rocking when, in truth, you do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupart View Post
    Hello,

I swapped to Monk as my first 90, and I hit it 2 days ago. Game has been fun so far!

I have an 85 of every other class, and am looking to make that my main PvP char (unless monk is godly in PvP).

My question is, what class is owning atm? I figure mage? Ret? If I leveled a second 85-90, what class/spec would you suspect would fair the best in bgs/arenas?

I really enjoy every class, so it is not a matter of fun. I would like to play the best class as of now.

Thanks!
    Now I'm not trying to troll or bash or flame but... why does this matter? It seems as if you are admitting that you aren't good at PvP and need to have the best face-roll class to win at PvP.

Hunters are by far the most op the next class doesnt come close (warrior which is very strong) hunters do 900k damage in 4seconds
    Last edited by dotsown; 2012-10-04 at 09:37 AM.

I did some arenas as a BM hunter with a fury warr and ret just to try it out. The result was either that I more or less one shotted people if the burst got off properly or that we lost due to the ret or fury charged in and died and my burst was not fast enough in 2v3.

The insane burst with Stampede + Bestial Wrath and Lynx Rush (last two x2) is just insane and I can't imagine anyone actually surviving if you play serious with some CC's on the healers etc and not messing around like we did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    That's a fallacy. Always was and and always will be. Just because you enjoy a class, doesn't mean you can be really good with it. While player skill does play a role in performance, some classes' mechanics are dragging said players down no matter how skilled they are.

Sure, if you like a class you can easily get over the fact the fact you suck in pvp and, in some cases, even enter a state of denial about your own bad performance and think you're rocking when, in truth, you do not.
    I said: Find a class you enjoy to play and know how to play.
    Ofcourse I also like several classes, but I can't really play them all like I am playing my druid.

We're on the same track, I think you understood me wrong there.

I tend to find the burst dps (read: warrior and mage) and hybrid healers to be quite strong at present. With the former I feel its a matter of gear that enables them to burst so much and that, hopefully, with some resil etc this will even out.

Ultimately you got find something you enjoy to play more so than a FoTM thing really in my opinion, that way victories are more meaniful and you spend time learning/playing a class you really want to rather than swapping every patch. That said of I would suggets perhaps a mage since they tend to be a bit more forgiving off the bat than warriors are but you will still need to learn the class to be truely effective on the whole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    Kripparian is often good at showing off broken stuff - in Mop he decided to take on a BM hunter. Quite fun to watch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujyUsCnbfrY
    Wow.... that is ridiculous.

Don't let people discourage you from playing DK. They were strong in Cata and they're strong now. Not the best, but strong. If you're wanting to be a FotM and play the very best, though, and don't want to be a healer, then I'd say top five in no order would be BM hunter, fire mage, ret paladin, shadow priest, and arms warrior. Really though, just about anything seems to be viable. Ferals are griping about being weak, but they seem like one of the best to me, while some people are saying warlocks are one of the best, and they seem weak to me. Everyone's gonna tell you something different, so just play and form your own opinion.

Deleted
    I have yet to find any spec to be majorly overpowered compared to the other classes. It all comes down to how each and every one masters their class.