Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Yeah because overpowered classes are going to magically become weaker when they gain stats.

MMO-champion pvp section /facepalm
    MMO-champion pvp section = "resi will fix it xDDDDDDDDDDD"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Don't let people discourage you from playing DK. They were strong in Cata and they're strong now.
    /facepalm
    /facedesk

Because being strong means having your ass kicked by any warrior, rogue, frost mage, hunter (at least who don't backpeddle) or feral druid. So strong!

Dks are the same in MoP. I already rerolled warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by sanaubia View Post
    MMO-champion pvp section = "resi will fix it xDDDDDDDDDDD"
    To be fair at the moment many people at this stage are a bit low in the resil /pvp power department which means that the results so far are still slightly skewed.

Rogues and frost mages still own. I mean nothing except for a frost mage never stopped me as a rogue and still nothing stops me beside them.

Okey, so I hit yesterday my monk at 90.
    I tried few arenas today and -
    Mages are slowing the asses so badly, that I really hate the monk class playing against mages,
    Retri Palas - as always, REALLY strong BURST, Pop the CDs up, PEW PEW.
    DKs - they are the same as on the beginning of Cataclysm. Strong, really strong.
    Hunters - they are killing with their zooo so badly...

I started to regret that I rerolled to Monk instead of my own Retri....

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    Today I queued up with my rogue teammate from 3's (I"m shadow, both 2400+ experienced players with at minimum 45% resilience), we did pretty well - but ran into Mutilate Rogue / BM Hunter. The rogue mass stealthed out of the gates (we did too), the hunter had summoned all his pets, all of which were also stealthed (unsure if mass rogue stealth or camo with glyph, but either way). My rogue found their hunter very quickly, so we looked for their rogue for a bit for a sap, but then figured we'd just open hard on their hunter when we couldn't find their rogue - opened with cheap shot - the hunters pets INSTANTLY gibbed my rogue, not in a global - on the first bite of each pet - by our estimate the hunter dealt about 600k intended damage (after resilience and damage reduction) through his pets on the fight attack - of course our rogue died after 360k damage - but totally overpowered and broken.

Moral of the story: If you are a level 90 hunter, find 2 other level 90 hunters and queue up for 3's - farm to 3k rating over the next few days before you get nerfed, then don't play all season: free gladiator / possible rank 1.

To be clear, the rogue and the hunter dealt no damage - it was entirely the damage of one hunters pets (all pets possible) - and it was literally instantly, not one GCD - instant - the first bite of each pet.
    MAYBE if you were in greens, otherwise SS or it didn't happen.

Deleted
    When it comes to pure damage output i'd say BM hunter without any contest. Warriors also made a pretty spectacular comeback this expansion, it's a tough choice.
    Warrior and hunter takes the faceroll-OP/owning trophy in 2s and 3s as far as I've seen, both together can be a nightmare for most setups.

But I would have to say that a good affilock or shadow priest is the "strongest" overall at the moment in Arena.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudin View Post
    Okey, so I hit yesterday my monk at 90.
    I tried few arenas today and -
    Mages are slowing the asses so badly, that I really hate the monk class playing against mages,
    Retri Palas - as always, REALLY strong BURST, Pop the CDs up, PEW PEW.
    DKs - they are the same as on the beginning of Cataclysm. Strong, really strong.
    Hunters - they are killing with their zooo so badly...

I started to regret that I rerolled to Monk instead of my own Retri....
    Sorry but monks blow at pvp. I really pitty those guys who rolled monks for pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors. /

Deleted
    well, my friend's warrior is kickin' it. also top ranked several Bg's..that bastard...

Not doing bad on my enhancement shaman either...I must say my 'self' healing is better than in cata where I went OOM very quick after a few heals.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    /facepalm
    /facedesk

Because being strong means having your ass kicked by any warrior, rogue, frost mage, hunter (at least who don't backpeddle) or feral druid. So strong!

Death Knights are great atm. As Unholy i can take out pretty much any class. Hunters do give me a lil problem with all their ways of escape now though... that never used to be a problem. as for a warrior, chains of ice and kite them, cheap trick but it gets the job done. I prefer asphixiate over the other talents to get me that extra stun to burst down a melee thats on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    i don't understand the QQ here about how OP every other class is T_T but hee! i play a hunter and i am leveling a monk now to 90 haven't seen any monk at 90 pvping to my surprising:O
    That's because monks at 90 PvP is a joke. you get trained and blown up so hard it's like the 4th of July. The damage for WW is pretty good.... If you ever have up-time on your target with roots, snares, move reduc, and fear / scatter / charge locks on you pretty much up over 85% of the time. I still love the class, and think that it's super fun to play, but blizzard really screwed them up for PvP.

To actually do good damage as WW you have to keep up 3 stacks of Tiger Palm which which only lasts for 20 secs, and Tiger palm does basically no damage (I've seen auto-attacks hit harder), rising sun kick de-buff(s) which hits for a really good amount at least, then hope to god that they're stupid or not on a root DR so you can x2Diable them to get them in a Fists of Fury which then DRs Paralysis and and other stuns you have (Leg sweep, charging ox wave). If you don't have the tiger palmx3 and rising sun kick de-buff on them before FoF, you could basically do more damage by throwing eggs at them.

Horrible self healing. Expel harm is a pretty good heal (Critting up to 40k-60k from what I've seen) but is on a 15 sec CD, healing sphere takes 60 energy for 1 sphere and generally only heals for 17k-25k, and the talents of healing (oh boy..):
    Zen sphere costs 2 chi and ticks for at most 8k, but generally 3-6k. If you want to get the massive heal for a whopping 16k you still need 2 chi to pop it.

Chi wave (the best choice heal I've tried) is on a 8 sec cd, and heals pretty well... provided that you're actually close enough to your target for it to bounce between you both and not heal anyone else around you. But it can heal for up to 20k-45k overall.

Chi burst is 2 chi, has an interruptible cast and only heals for a whopping 25k crit! Hopefully!

Bad / really costly self-heals are bad. And with other classes (Spriests, warriors, BM hunters, frost mages, locks) hitting harder than a truck falling off a cliff with Superman pushing it, those heals are basically as effective as slapping Chuck Norris with a wet noodle.

"POP MOAR DEFENCIVIVIVE CDZ SCRUB LMAOL2PNOOBZ! LAWLZ!"... what defensive cds.... OH! you mean our "Mobility"? Right? Yeah, hang on. *Casts Fly serpent kick / roll* *Gets stopped almost halfway through by a melee attack / spell*. Well! That was useful! I got the warrior eating my face off of me for .3 seconds! Thanks Blizz, *wink cheeky grin*! Diffuse Magic: "Sweet! I can reflect all those affy lock / spriest dots back at them while taking 90% reduced magic damage!" *Casts* "YAY IT WORKED!" *lock / spriest re-dots you* "... Well... At least it saved me for a few seconds.... Now to wait 1.5 minutes to do it again...". And I'm not really going to list the others.

This looks like a QQ, but it's really not. I'm just sad that such a fun class isn't even an option for competitive PvP right now.

TL;DR: Monk bad pvperz. They all badz and squishy and stuff.
    Last edited by Aherooffools; 2012-10-04 at 06:12 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone saying ret is OP is completly failing at this game. Besides our ability to line up two burst CDs, wings and guardian we have total lack of sustained damage. Our strengths come in with our utility and the fact that we can line up some very strong burst with our partners for kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    /facepalm
    /facedesk

Speak for yourself. I slaughtered warriors and rogues (without legendaries) and most hunters. Frost mages and ferals were all that beat me with any sort of consistency. Seeing as you were the one who could apparently beat nothing with a strong class, I think your facepalm should be directed at yourself.

BM Hunter, Spriest, Destro Lock, Frost mage.
    Choose one, faceroll anyone to death in 2 globals.

Frost mage(WHAT A SURPRISE) and BM hunter are giving me the most problems right now on any class that I play, Warriors are quite annoying because they have so many stuns and interupts but their damage isn't too bad at all.

Had a premade with 5 other gladiators from my server earlier and we actually lost a WSG against a team of 7 mages, a lock, and 2 healers. As soon as anyone got close to the mid of the map they got 1shotted basically by double(or triple) shatter. Dispel was going on cooldown constantly but still couldn't even come close to keeping up. Spirit shell shield to the max made absolutely no difference either, same story with pain suppression.

Spellsteal spamfest is a complete joke too, its far too strong to have no cooldown on a class that only trades on short but intense bursts anyway.

As far as healers go, I'd say Holy Pal and Resto druid seem far stronger than Disc at least, can't say I have seen a healer shammy during the honor grind so far.
    Last edited by Axi; 2012-10-05 at 12:09 AM.

melee:
    warrirors
    ret pallys

range:
    spriests
    mages
    locks
    bm hunters

healers:
    all except disc priests

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    melee:
    warrirors
    ret pallys

range:
    spriests
    mages
    locks
    bm hunters

healers:
    all except disc priests
    So basically every class except DK and discpriest? Let me guess, those are the two classes you play? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    So basically every class except DK and discpriest? Let me guess, those are the two classes you play? :P
    just telling it like it is son. the OP said 'owning'. lots of classes are doing good, but are not 'owning': ferals, dk's and rogues for melee. fire mages, boomkins, ele shammys for range.

Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    just telling it like it is son. the OP said 'owning'. lots of classes are doing good, but are not 'owning': ferals, dk's and rogues for melee. fire mages, boomkins, ele shammys for range.
    I agree, and I agree with your list although I don't think locks and warriors are quite in the top tier with the rest. Warriors definitely feel annoying because of the multitude of stuns and the new easier to use spell reflect, and locks still rely on having a few other classes around them to truly dominate.