Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah both WOLTK and CATA sold more copies in the 1st 24 hrs then MoP did in the 1st week, it also shows how massive the Chinese sub base is and yet financially only contribute under 10%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Hm. Can't figure out if that includes digital sales or not.

At any rate, that sounds about what I'd expect: Cataclysm sold 3.3 million to start with, so a slight decline to go with the drop in subscriber numbers only makes sense. It's still a very strong amount, so congratulations to Blizzard!
    Cata only sold more because of the false promises about it. It then plummeted after the failure that T11 was.
    Now since China is only 1 week delayed instead of 1 year it will soon soar back up to 12+ mil.

What I'm wondering is whether this figure includes digital sales.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    What I'm wondering is whether this figure includes digital sales.
    It would not be smart for a company not to announce the highest number possible. Of course it includes digital sales.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Cata only sold more because of the false promises about it. It then plummeted after the failure that T11 was.
    Now since China is only 1 week delayed instead of 1 year it will soon soar back up to 12+ mil.
    Failure? T11? T11 was by far the best raid tier in cata.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Failure? T11? T11 was by far the best raid tier in cata.
    Being the best of the worst doesn't make it good.

Deleted
    not bad considering people will be plenty cautious after Cataclysm being not a so much good expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    That number will go back under 10 million in 6 months.
    Don't count on that. The next batch of peeps will arrive with the opening of all LFRs.

10 mills again is very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    T11 was legitimately good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Korbany View Post
    Does anybody know if MoP has launched in Asia yet, or is it just EU & US?

It seems very odd that out of a total subscriber base of 10 million, 7.3 million are still playing pre MoP expansions.

I wonder which expansion has the most subscribers currently?
    See the quote. China on October 2 but they don't buy the expansions so they will only impact the subscription numbers. Not sure about the rest of Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    Regardless of being in the cataclysm expansion T11 actually was a really good tier.

well cata lauched @ start of month and mop @ end so may be less sells

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    I love all the "legitimate sounding reasons" people give for their interest in sales. The truth is, they are haters that are certain nobody would want a game with Pandas. The shock of the record sales, followed by a new record high in subs for Blizzard's best content ever will be great for these people.
    Just quoting this, because I said I would.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

These numbers are good for three reasons:

1) Cata sucked, so Wow players are cautious.
    2) GW2 has only been out for a month and it sold 2 million copies. I expect Wow to reclaim some of those subs when players get bored (shouldn't take too long, endgame is a disaster).
    3) MoP was initially rejected by many Wow players as silly, kiddo nonsense and haven't bought it yet. Subs should increase over time if Blizzard successfully launches content patches, and as players learn that Pandas =/ Kung Fu. From everything I've read, MoP is a solid expansion and that should draw in ex-players over time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korbany View Post
    Does anybody know if MoP has launched in Asia yet, or is it just EU & US?

It seems very odd that out of a total subscriber base of 10 million, 7.3 million are still playing pre MoP expansions.

I wonder which expansion has the most subscribers currently?
    Not really. I think I have a subscription which is currently still active (or ended maybe a few days ago) and I don't plan to purchase Mists of Pandaria. I am sure there are other people in similar situations who came back to check out 5.0 and decided to jump into MoP a bit later.

Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    well cata lauched @ start of month and mop @ end so may be less sells
    No, it doesn't work that way. Weeks don't end just because the month passes over. It's still a whole 7 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    So I am not a math wiz, but how do you get from 2.7mil to 10mil?
    The rest are bots

Quote Originally Posted by blupparen View Post
    2.7m bough mop and the rest is playing cata or older? Think for a moment
    Yeah something really weird about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lac View Post
    7 million didnt buy the xpac first week but still have subscriptions?
    My daughter is one of those. She has an account but hasn't upgraded yet. She won't until she gets it for Christmas.

I know several people who are waiting for Christmas to get MoP but are still playing Cata or are leveling Panda NonMonks.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    2.7 millions of any games is not a small feat. MoP is NOT by any consideration a flop, it is a financial success undeniably. To the 2.7 millions copy, you have to add at very least, 2.7 millions of month of sub, because you need to register at least a month to be able to play MoP.

However

This is less a success that wolk and cataclysm were and relatively speaking, i would say less a success than TBC was. Why do i say that.

Well TBC sold 2.4 millions in 24 hours and 3.51 millions in a month (i don't have the number for the first week). But TBC was release when wow had 5 millions players, cataclysm had 9 millions.

So for me relatively speaking, MoP is the least succesful WoW extension to date, but, time will tell the rest.