Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    You may be entitled to your game, your opinions, and your internet access; but you are not entitled to your own facts. WoW isn't crap, dead, or dying. And any statements to the contrary will be quickly rebuffed.
    It's hard to take you seriously when you tell us we're not entitled to facts, and then your first example is an opinion.

Here's a fact: WoW is in a worse place than it was when Cata released and when WoTLK released (in terms of growth). You can't refute that.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    If anyone was expecting that there wouldn't be an initial burst after an expansion, then they were being idiots. Of course there's an initial burst, it's an expansion. But the burst doesn't set the stage, they have to hold the people who have already quit before, which will be harder than holding them the first time. It will fall back down every quarter until the next expansion.
    Pretty much going exactly as predicted by the so called "haters". Initial burst followed by a steep decline in the coming quarters. Most of these people like the one you quoted had ridiculous predictions of 3 or 4 million 1 day sales. And now are celebrating 2.7 million in one week. I had predicted 2 million one day sales which is probably spot on. I doubt one day numbers are ever released due to how attrocious they are(compared to prior expansions), but am satisifed knowing like usual I am probably right.

GW2 is treading water
    ROFLMAO!!! The game has no sub, and is approaching 3 million sold copies. Hardly treading water, they have more than made back their investment and then some.

Wow... it was so bad they didn't even bother saying what the first-day sales were.

The Burning Crusade - 2.4M First Day, 3.5M First Month
    Wrath of the Lich King - 2.8M First Day, 4M First Month
    Cataclysm - 3.3M First Day, 4.7M First Month

Then they just say MoP sold 2.7 million copies. They don't tell you how many sold the first day, probably because the number is no where near these last 3 expansions first day sales. All in all I am enjoying the game and I got it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    How are those numbers fudged?
    I corrected my statement. They aren't fudged, but they are presented as to deceive those who aren't precise.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    ROFLMAO!!! The game has no sub, and is approaching 3 million sold copies. Hardly treading water, they have more than made back their investment and then some.
    I hope so. Arenanet will need some cash to fix their horrible, broken, joke of an endgame. Hopefully sooner rather than later, as they are bleeding players fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ouch, sold less than Wrath did.

That can't be good :<

MoP is legitimately loved by those who played it. But the three groups I mentioned have been on the internet waging a crusade to kill WoW.

Well the mystique is gone. ToR self destructed, GW2 is treading water, while WoW gained back the 1 million subscribers.

You may be entitled to your game, your opinions, and your internet access; but you are not entitled to your own facts. WoW isn't crap, dead, or dying. And any statements to the contrary will be quickly rebuffed.
    I took the liberty of highlighting this so you'll take your own advice and get your shit together.

ToR is far from dead. I hate to break it to you.

And GW2 is anything but treading water. I don't know where you got that from, but it seems you're just saying it to make yourself feel better?

WoW gained back 900,000. Nice. But it needs, and I stress needs to not lose those by next quarter. Or we're screwed once again.

Also, please don't quote Romney if you're only going to screw it up and make yourself look bad.
    Last edited by Conscious; 2012-10-04 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    2.7 million copies sold yet 10 mill players to the playerbase. It's funny watching people try to turn water into wine with such low numbers. 2.7 but weres the other 6.3 million? Or did all the fanboys forgot how to do math? Lets not forget the official annual report is in a couple months . A lot of sub losses can happen between now and then.
    I think you need to learn how to read the rest of the thread before you call anybody out on their math skills numpty. Game didn't launch yet in China and maybe other places in Asia or South America.

And let's wait for the annual report in March/April right? I think you mean the quarterly since bookyears close 31st of March.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    It's hard to take you seriously when you tell us we're not entitled to facts, and then your first example is an opinion.

Here's a fact: WoW is in a worse place than it was when Cata released and when WoTLK released (in terms of growth). You can't refute that.
    I can't. But for the first time soince Cata, WoW is experiencing growth. We can compare to Wrath all we want, but Cata is what we're trying to undo to get back to Wrath. And a player gain is the first step in that direction.

And what I said about WoW not being crap is a fact. Ask anyone who played the game and they'll say it's an improvement. Again, positive motion is all we need at this moment in time.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Cata only sold more because of the false promises about it. It then plummeted after the failure that T11 was.
    Now since China is only 1 week delayed instead of 1 year it will soon soar back up to 12+ mil.
    T11 was the only fun i had during Cata.

I can't. But for the first time soince Cata, WoW is experiencing growth. We can compare to Wrath all we want, but Cata is what we're trying to undo to get back to Wrath. And a player gain is the first step in that direction.

And what I said about WoW not being crap is a fact. Ask anyone who played the game and they'll say it's an improvement. Again, positive motion is all we need at this moment in time.
    You can't honestly call initial expansion burst growth. There will always, always, always be growth, no matter how bad this expansion was, we would have seen positive numbers. It can only be called growth if Q4 shows an increase after the burst.

And improvement on poop doesn't make it any less poopier. "Crap" is opinion, sorry to say, not fact.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Is wow really in a state of decline if their subscriptions increased?

Somehow i think many here are being deliberately irrational.

Game over Pandaria haters.
    Game over WoW haters.
    Game over mainstream gaming media

WoW didn't die, it grew. Yes sales were down, but keep in mind we also lost 2 million players.

Remember my prediction back in August? "Those million who quit last quarter left from boredom. They will return for MoP."

They're baaaaaccckkkkk~

Now get off our forums before I run you out.
    Since you are driving people out of the forums, can you get out yourself? See, you may not like 'WoW haters' but I don't like haters in general. Or have you claimed some kind of ownership of the forums? Or maybe just as I don't have the right to get you out of these forums so you don't have the rights to tell people to leave. 10k+ posts don't make you the owner of these boards, nor someone that decides who stays and who leaves. Relax a bit.

Also, they are not 'baaaaacckkkkk' From 12 million active subscribers to 9, then upwards to 10, leaves a good 2 millions that are certainly not back.

And what is up with the growth? Are these not forums but a courtroom of sorts where white-lying is acceptable if it is going to win you the case? The only growth that occured was of the healing-wounds type. So it is not actual growth, it is regrowth. And not even a full recovery. What I can't understand is why would someone say such a thing. It certainly doesn't fool anyone, people can count just fine.

I love World of WarCraft. It is one of my most favourite games ever. And I want the best for it, and for Blizzard. I am happy it did so good, and wish it becomes even better. But I don't understand the urge for some people to be so fanatic about the game, whether for or against it. It's a sad thing to see people stooping low over such a matter as sales for a game. You think only the people that mumble about 'WoW dying' are immature? Because I think that people that take the time to offend the WoW haters are equally immature. If you want to be seen as intelligent just enjoy your game, write about how good it is, and when you see a WoW hater just tell him that you disagree with him, state your objective reasons and then leave, politely, no need to be like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    GW2 is treading water
    ROFL! All US servers are Full or High, only one Medium server left. This is at 8:40am on a Thursday morning.
    They had to halt sales due to the overwhelming response and they've continued to increase server capacity to accomodate all the demand - did it again just this week!
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    I guess it dropped almost 20% (18.18% if anyone want to know exactly) from Cataclysm because people find out about the Black Market Auction House!

10+ Year Old Account
    We would only truly be experiencing growth if WoW had not hit the 10 million player mark before. As it stand's we've made no net gain.

Opinion.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    ROFL! All US servers are Full or High, only one Medium server left. This is at 8:40am on a Thursday morning.
    They had to halt sales due to the overwhelming response and they've continued to increase server capacity to accomodate all the demand - did it again just this week!
    GW2 is currently rejecting new sales of the game, no? I know it wasnt a few weeks ago.

iIf there are no sales, there is no growth potential, thereby treading water.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Remember it is just a game, and I kind of agree with Dokhidamo here, the spotlight of GW2 is long gone and it wasn't the game changer people expected. Good job to Blizzard here, incredible expansion that adds so much more content which is a good change from the Cataclysm.

Let's hope growth continues and the "wow is dead" talk can be put to bed.

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 04:47 PM ----------

GW2 is currently rejecting new sales of the game, no? I know it wasnt a few weeks ago.

iIf there are no sales, there is no growth potential, thereby treading water.
    This is pretty much what I was trying to get across.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarebusta View Post
    BC's 2.4 million was in one day. MOP's 2.7 million is in a whole week. Blizzard is presenting the numbers in a way that the typical user is less likely to notice how bad it is.

2.4 million in one day but 3.5 in the first month. I doubt that the first week sales was a whole lot different than the first day. 2.7 million in the first week is in no way shape or form bad though. It took GW2 a month to sell 2 million.