Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

So warriors are good once more ?

I played warrior about for half of vanilla and all through TBC. Dumped it in wotlk when the warrior entered the Age of Suck. Played dk all through wotlk and about a quarter of cata when I took a long break and skipped most of the expansion.

I always liked warriors but the thing is I also like to to great at 1v1, which warriors until now were very bad for, so I just avoided playing one. With the exception of the time when prot warriors rocked at pvp before getting hit by suckage.

Came back about a month ago and was very excited about leveling my dk in Pandaria. But...I got bored. I hit level 87 and got bored out of my skull.

I have a serious mind about going on my warrior again but, as always, I'm very concerned that warriors will be nerfed to suckage once more (either through direct nerfs or indirect nerfs through buffs to other classes or their gear) as that's what always happens to warriors, and will be bad once more for 1v1.
    Most classes who ride the rollercoaster have good and bad times but it seems warriors have a lot more bad times than good ones in pvp.

So, is it a good idea to level my warrior or is it a waste of time until the hammer of suck hits again ?

Guess only Blizzard knows if they will be sh*t again. I dropped first rogue then dk to level my warrior, and I'm having a ton of fun, so much mobility and ok dmg even outside cooldowns.

Sorry Guys, but expect nerfs because you are too good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Yep, GC will never allow any other class to be nearly as absurd as mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Yep, GC will never allow any other class to be nearly as absurd as mages.
    Yeah, our mage on both Stone guards and Feng was 20K DPS above everyone else, and he still has greens on, and I know it's not a L2Play for the rest of us, since I'm looking at other DPS and seeing mages destroy the charts. I guess it is what it is.

Can't say for pvp since I haven't tried it out yet (and I'm not good enough to comment on it even if I had) but in PvE warriors seem fine. Both dps wise and tanking wise, can't see that they'd need a nerf. Especially since prot already got one.

Just play what you have fun with. MMO's are constantly changing, if you change classes to the current flavor of the month you're going to be doing it a lot. Find something you enjoy and excel at it. People have been playing warriors through the "suck phase" as you called it, and excelling. It's not dropped in their laps so to speak, but they find a way. It's all about knowing how to play your character effectively with what you're given.

Who knows if we will stay good. All I do know is it is extremely funny watching all the FotM players dust off their warrior only to promptly get rolled by my warrior. Feels good to have some pay-off for sticking by the warrior even through the suckage, as outskilling FotM re-rollers is very satisfying.

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 12:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tpyo View Post
    Just play what you have fun with. MMO's are constantly changing, if you change classes to the current flavor of the month you're going to be doing it a lot. Find something you enjoy and excel at it. People have been playing warriors through the "suck phase" as you called it, and excelling. It's not dropped in their laps so to speak, but they find a way. It's all about knowing how to play your character effectively with what you're given.
    ^ and This, pretty much the general point of my post, with a little more personal flavor in mine.

Thumbs up

Enjoying Prot/Arms PVE and loving Arms PvP... Was just completely wrecking folks last night, feels great!

If there's anything gooda bout them, they will be nerfed. So it has always been and so it shall always be.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

This pretty much. Avatar + cd stacking macro is the closest thing to an "iwin" button this game has ever seen.

It's really no different than S9. Good luck next season or half way through this season is all I can say.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I personally think warriors will be nerfed pvp wise. A few classes will, but as long as it's not as bad as last season....

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    This pretty much. Avatar + cd stacking macro is the closest thing to an "iwin" button this game has ever seen.

It's really no different than S9. Good luck next season or half way through this season is all I can say.
    Which is pretty shitty if you ask me. I've seen countless people successfully counter a warrior's CD stacking in team play. 1v1 of course it sucks for the victim of it, but they have stated many times that they don't balance around that. Whether they stick to their word on that or not, only time will tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    give me 2 rets and i will demolish anything

i have never liked playing a warrior alone

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stay away from boomkins and frost mages. I play warrior and the wreck me for some reason... Even after reflecting frost bombs and what not.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've made a bit research, not quite done yet but it's getting there.

Stats - 56% resilience. Plate

Warrior Arms burst from 100% to 0% - 11 seconds.

Rogue Assassination from 100% to 0% - 9,5 seconds-

Mage Frost burst from 100% to 0% - 9 seconds.

Hunter BM from 100% to 0% - 6-7 seconds.

This is as far as I've come. Paid players around 3k gold each just for many attempts to get the most accurate answers. Will post a video and show it.

Warrior compared to the other classes doesn't seem too OP. Where's the Whine about hunter and mage?

Also, rogues complain they do bad dmg? I wonder how a rogue did take me down faster than a warrior. I wonder.. I can't get myself around that. Oh well. Video will be launched soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    I've made a bit research, not quite done yet but it's getting there.

Stats - 56% resilience. Plate

Warrior Arms burst from 100% to 0% - 11 seconds.

Rogue Assassination from 100% to 0% - 9,5 seconds-

Mage Frost burst from 100% to 0% - 9 seconds.

Hunter BM from 100% to 0% - 6-7 seconds.

This is as far as I've come. Paid players around 3k gold each just for many attempts to get the most accurate answers. Will post a video and show it.

Warrior compared to the other classes doesn't seem too OP. Where's the Whine about hunter and mage?

Also, rogues complain they do bad dmg? I wonder how a rogue did take me down faster than a warrior. I wonder.. I can't get myself around that. Oh well. Video will be launched soon.
    I am sorry but there will be so much error in this statistics. Its all dependable how good YOU are against each class. If you know how to best counter every ability of all other classes. And I am pretty sure that you are not doing every fight perfectly against them all. So the stats will be rubbish.

And if this is burst by you just standing there (wich it looks like) its even more rubbish.

That's true. And sad too. Just like start of s9, crazy OP, because gear scaling, but next season they're gonna suck, like they did s10. Most warriors are gonna go prot for flag carrying.

Personally Im loving it now im getting pvp gear

pre pvp gear I was a little deflated, but when you think about it, its to be expected. a casters damage is always going to be better when you both have 40% base resil,

as SOON as I started getting some pvp gear... it all changed. mages run in fear from me at the moment. as do many casters, the only thing that I cant touch is a DK at the moment, and even they are somewhat doable.

when you get the gear.. the rest follows! :P

I think people should be more worried about Hunter BM getting nerfed to the shit, or least their pets.

Holy christ are they broken at the moment.

Give warriors a break for once, lol.