Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Gara'jal the Spiritbinder

Last night we wiped to Gara'jal for 3 hours. We were getting him to 10-15% on some attempts but were wiping due to enrage. This is a great gear/dps check fight but we need to figure out a way to optimize our buff that the dps are getting once they leave the spirit world to maximize their damage onto the boss. We ended up having to 2 heal it because we needed more damage on the boss which helped push us closer to a kill. My question is to those who have killed it, did you assign certain people to only go in or was it free to anyone who wanted to go inside the spirit world who didn't have the Voodoo debuff. We were assigning two people to go in and then switched to one person. We had our fury warrior and rogue go in there because they seemed to be able to kill those adds the fastest while our dot classes (Afflic Lock & Spriest took longer). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dumping this.

Was going to ask the exact same question - that's the advantage of making a search before making a post

Adding another question: To push the DPS even further, should we do 2 people instead of three every other time to go into the spirit realm? Example:

1. 1 Healer 2 DPS
    2. 1 Healer 1 DPS
    3. 1 Healer 2 DPS
    4. 1 Healer 1 DPS

Because we will probably get every add down this way, which means more uptime on boss. Or is this a stupid idea?

Cheers

we rotated our dps and healers down(1 healer, 2 dps) (3 healed it) so everyone with the buff had time to dps the boss. and because we 3 healed it, at the beginning of the fight we had our 3 healers go all out on dps(total by the end of the fight they did around 9 mil damage). and a side note, if ur a dot class, for more dps make sure to refresh dots before the buff falls off.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

If you're running with a paladin there is a way you can get some more damage on the boss by utilizing Lay on Hands. For the first spirit totem I would go in as a fire mage along with a ret pally and healer. Upon entering the ret pally would LoH me and I would instantly port out, leaving the ret and the healer down there until they come back. By coming right back out with that LoH we were getting a lot more dmg on the boss. You don't have to stay down there until the timer is about to expire if the add control down there is okay. Try to get your highest single target dmging classes the buff quickly and get them back on the boss, while your good add dmging classes can be used to kill the adds down below.

It's basically a tradeoff between more dmg from adds in spirit world vs more dmg on boss. If you're dying to enrage try veering more towards the side of more dmg on the boss and rely on your healers a little more.

10 man here:

We had a single group going down, with a few people picked as back-up in case. 1 healer, 2 DPS.

One of the DPS stays down as much as possible (we had a hunter do it) to deal with adds as the primary. The other DPS comes down for a few seconds, kills an add, and immediately goes back out.
    The healer (and this is the key to staying alive from 40% onward) only goes down to heal up the two DPS so that they can get out, and then hops out to rejoin the rest of the raid.

If you have a warlock or Spriest go down as the primary add DPS and just DoT up the adds, I'd think that would be a stronger solution than melee DPS (who will get more sustained DPS on the boss if they don't go down and ranged DPS can make use of the buff after coming out of the spirit world IMMEDIATELY).
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Pyryte View Post
    If you're running with a paladin there is a way you can get some more damage on the boss by utilizing Lay on Hands. For the first spirit totem I would go in as a fire mage along with a ret pally and healer. Upon entering the ret pally would LoH me and I would instantly port out, leaving the ret and the healer down there until they come back. By coming right back out with that LoH we were getting a lot more dmg on the boss.
    why would you even go down to begin with if you were doing this?
    just because it takes 3 people down doesn't mean 3 people have to go down

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    why would you even go down to begin with if you were doing this?
    just because it takes 3 people down doesn't mean 3 people have to go down
    I think that you get a buff that increases your damage when you get fully healed. But not 100% sure.

I thought that the more you get healed the higher your buff stacked. One time i came out with a 10% buff and another time with an 11% buff, but i may have misread it since it was in the middle of a fight.

We had to switch to 2-healing as well. Had myself (Ele Sham) and an Spriest going in with healer for Spirit World, with Boomkin and Mage as backup if we were dolls. Between Priest DoTs and Chain Lightning/Fulmination, we were only in Spirit World for 5-10 seconds each time after spending first round burning all the adds. Use all CDs except Heroism on pull - they'll be up again by the time you enter final burn phase.

DPS with the Spirit World buff should be vocal about timing CDs, too. If I could swing an Ascendence/Elemental Mastery combo while I had buff, I'd tell another DPS to take my place for next totem while I burned boss.

Deleted
    3 healed it. Was important to make sure that you maximise the % of the buff that you come back up with.

Specs who can throw out heals are very good down there, as an enh shaman I'd throw out surges on myself and the other dps. In conjunction with i'd generally come up with 15 - 20%+ on the buff - very strong. This would be my main focus, and effective rotation of your DPS down there.

Was still very tight on the enrage - technically went over 6mins but he didn't do his 1shot on us. Sent last people down at about 35% and came back up, popped CDs and lust and burned the shit out of him.

GL

This is what we did.

First its like a 6 min 10 sec enrage IIRC.
    This means no matter what you have to use hero at 5 min 20 second mark to get the full hero.
    We used the stopwatch in game to track that.
    Secondly we only sent ranged (mostly dot classes) our raid has 2 aff locks and 1 SP we also sent a hunter and shaman if people had vodoo doll.
    Always rotate the people who go down and never have the same dps go down twice in a row. You get a buff to do extra dmg to boss.
    Be very vocal on vent as to what healer and dps are going down, pay attention to timers.
    Make sure the group going down is at the totem asap, the faster you kill the totem and zone in the faster the boss dies.
    At 5 mins tell the downstairs team to finish up because hero is gonna be popped soon.
    Make sure everyone is up top and use hero, blow all cds pots warrior banners etc.
    We finished the fight at 5 mins 45 seconds, once he gets to 20% he frenzies butt he melts real fast.

I also forgot, 2 healing is a must, I see the above poster 3 healed it, that must have been rough on dps.
    Oh another thing about downstairs, once you get healed to full once, the healer can leave and you will retain the extra action button even if you lose HP. Make sure no one misses any totem calls.
    Last edited by lockedout; 2012-10-04 at 07:29 PM.

I randomly choose 2 dps and one of the 2 heals each totem. We killed it in 6 attempts so much easier than the first 2.

Can someone tell me what the buff is called that increases your damage?

Quote Originally Posted by pwntus95 View Post
    Can someone tell me what the buff is called that increases your damage?
    While inside the Spirit World, any healing done to raid members stacks a buff on them, called Spiritual Innervation. This buff offers players an increase in the regeneration of their primary resource. We will not go into a list of all the buffs offered by Spiritual Innvervation, by class, since it is homogeneous. The important thing to note is the end result of Spiritual Innervation.

DPS players will be able to do increased DPS.
    Healers will regenerate their mana very quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    When we sent our hpally down, he spammed flash on our 2 dps, he got them both to high stacks
    Likewise with our shaman, spammed surge

Best way to utilize the buff is to not send people down who have the buff, people with the buff need to stay up and produce max dps on the boss or you're wasting a significant amount of dps
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

You really have to send 3 down in every totem to stay on top of the adds. 1 healer 2 dps, they won't be sent if they have Voodoo Dolls so you have to call it dynamically.

They should stay in the spirit realm for the maximum amount of time (~28 seconds) before pressing extra action button, to give healer time to spam massive heals on them. The buff you get from being healed in the spirit realm continues to increase in strength the more you get healed so the healer should be spamming their maximum hps (their buff gives massive regen so they wont go oom) to maximise the buff.

Definitely 2 heal it, the mana regen buff makes it quite easy to heal so its worth trying to minimise the time spent in the burn phase.

haha we did kill it without recognicing this mechanics.

one shadowpriest +one of the three healers went down, killing stuff there. We had a mage beeing backup for the spriest. no buff for dps, as spriest will only be able to cast a few dots on the boss before going into the next totem it was pretty hard, we wiped 2 hours on the enrage timer.

Deleted
    We 3 healed it and killed it on the 5th attempt or so.

We did wipe to enrage twice, but after sorting some stuff out he went down easilly. For our healers, we used the healer with the least mana that was not having the debuff. For our dps, we alternated between sending 2 and 1 dps down, to have enough dps for the enrage timer. So went 1 healer + 1 dps, then 1 healer + 2 dps, and just alternated.

We had no special rotation, just communication, and fast calls.

Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    You really have to send 3 down in every totem to stay on top of the adds.
    Obviously not :>

10+ Year Old Account
    My group wiped on this for a couple hours, can not figure out why our dps was so low compared to other random wol's that we looked at, so a couple of questions:
    -What should the % get to on average? Our biggest buff we got to like 21%, then went back in and it was 2-10% then back up to 8-15 or something lame, average seems to be between 15-20%, is this low?
    -What kind of heals should the healers be using? Biggest and baddest, or hots that tick a bunch? We started out 3 healing with a pally, h priest, shaman then dropped the shaman for the last few attempts, strained the other healers a bit but everything seemed ok.

In my eyes it looks like the buff is not reaching anywhere near where it should be. heres our logs page: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-c8oqiewl4hr8u3od/ if anyone has any suggestions or answers, thanks!

my 10man group:

guardian druid shadow priest
    blood deathknight combat rogue
    mistweaver monk ele shaman
    resto shaman ret pally
    holy/shadow priest affliction warlock

What we did was we 2 healed it with the healers rotating the spirit realm and had our shadow priest go in every time unless he gets voodoo then we send in the ele shaman. Right before he hits 20% we send 2 dps in the realm(shadow priest and ele shaman) to finish off the adds as quick as possible. When they get out we lust and its cake from there. both of our healers were pulling 50khps+ and 60khps+ at 20%.
    so we had 1 healer 1 dps in the spirit realm
    before he hits 20% we had 1 healer and 2 dps

hope this helps good luck.