Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfInvocation View Post
    Like girls can squize their boobs pretty roughly with no pain
    ummmmm I would recommend you don't try that when you get the chance.

I'm with you on this OP, why do they only give a fuck about it if it's breast related? That's wrong and they should not be supported unless they are there to help with all forms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Why is Brest cancer any more important than every other cancer out there? Why cant we just have a general cancer awareness month and try to cure ALL cancers instead of discriminatingly only helping women.
    do you think its only women who suffer from breast cancer ?
    http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Cancer-...roduction.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfInvocation View Post
    Infracted for FLAMING? Geez.. I just meant it sounds like something a girl would say since they don't know how sensitive the balls are, and how protective most guys are about them.

Like girls can squize their boobs pretty roughly with no pain, try doing that with your balls :P.
    It's not nearly as bad but I understand a mammogram is certainly an unpleasant experience.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm offended by the fact that you're offended that he's offended that we're offended that they're offender.

Part of the reason there is a month for breast cancer is to promote the screening. Yes it has a lower mortality because it is easier to catch in the early stages than say pancreatic cancer. Same with prostate cancer, it's easy to detect if you have your yearly physical for guys.

Second... the person who said its lower so shouldn't we focus on some of the higher mortality cancers.... dont you think there is a reason its lower. People promote the heck out of it, raise awareness, so in turn it raises screenings, and finally catching it early to treat before its terminal.

And to the OP, who really cares you're tired of seeing pink. I dont think they really care if they bother you or not. Find something else to complain about. If all the pink causes one person to get an exam and saves their life, its worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    September is Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, it seems.
    My favorite one is Mo for Movember! (au.movember.com)

Movember (the month formerly known as November) is a moustache growing charity event held during November each year that raises funds and awareness for Mens Health
    Basicly, all us guys at work grow big or weird moustache's and look like total d^cks for a month. It's great =)

The one slogan I do hate on this whole Mens Health vrs Womens Health issue is the bumper stickers that say "Stop Violence against Women!". Beat up a man instead? Or maybe, shorten it to "Stop Violence" or even "Stop Violence against humans and beat a puppy". Well - maybe not, but you get my point.
    Last edited by Teamalice; 2012-10-04 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dramma View Post
    Part of the reason there is a month for breast cancer is to promote the screening. Yes it has a lower mortality because it is easier to catch in the early stages than say pancreatic cancer. Same with prostate cancer, it's easy to detect if you have your yearly physical for guys.

Second... the person who said its lower so shouldn't we focus on some of the higher mortality cancers.... dont you think there is a reason its lower. People promote the heck out of it, raise awareness, so in turn it raises screenings, and finally catching it early to treat before its terminal.

And to the OP, who really cares you're tired of seeing pink. I dont think they really care if they bother you or not. Find something else to complain about. If all the pink causes one person to get an exam and saves their life, its worth it.
    If you want to promote AWARENESS that's FINE. That does help screenings.

These campaigns really don't just promote awareness. They donate to breast cancer research which is also fine.

Have you seen how much money breast cancer research hauls in? A FRACTION of that money should be lucky enough to find its way to more worthy causes.

Look at this list

10 charity fundraisers for breast cancer.

Any other disease on the list is lucky to have ONE fundraiser.

Don't you think breast cancer gets a BIT too much attention compared to the myriad of other, extremely serious diseases?

Quote Originally Posted by Teamalice View Post
    The one slogan I do hate on this whole Mens Health vrs Womens Health issue is the bumper stickers that say "Stop Violence against Women!". Beat up a man instead? Or maybe, shorten it to "Stop Violence" or even "Stop Violence against humans and beat a puppy". Well - maybe not, but you get my point.
    That's just another can of worms, but I will say: if you attack someone on the street, there's likely to be some sort of consequence. Domestic violence, against both women and male/female children, often goes unreported. *That's* what those sorts of campaigns are more focused towards.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    That's just another can of worms, but I will say: if you attack someone on the street, there's likely to be some sort of consequence. Domestic violence, against both women and male/female children, often goes unreported. *That's* what those sorts of campaigns are more focused towards.
    That and women are far more often the victims of things like domestic abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    That and women are far more often the victims of things like domestic abuse.
    Come now, Wells. You know full well that men are the victims of violence in almost ALL cases. Domestic violence is just one facet of that whole spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Come now, Wells. You know full well that men are the victims of violence in almost ALL cases. Domestic violence is just one facet of that whole spectrum.
    You're doing the same thing that the kid in the OP is doing about cancer. You can care about issues like domestic abuse even if its not the biggest issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    The guy's right, it's ridiculous, the organisations like Pink Ribbon don't do anything except raising awareness, they don't donate money whatsoever, because they have to pay the small Pink Ribbons and spokespeople in commercialse, besides that there is a 'Breast Cancer Fund', a 'Prostate Cancer Fund', a 'Lung Cancer Fund' and even more funds for all the types of cancer out there and with managers earning multi-million salaries every year, why don't we make one big 'Cancer Fund' and one Cancer Awareness month and stop this idiotic farce that has been going on for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dramma View Post

Statistics in 1975 say there were approx. 36 deaths per 100,000 cases.
    Statistics recently say there are approx. 23 deaths per 100,000 cases.

37 years and double-digit billions of dollars spent on breast cancer, and the death rate went from incredibly low to still incredibly low. Yet there are still women out there marching right now and demanding a "cure" to be found for them, and sticking their little noses up at anyone not sporting their pink ribbons. It's the biggest farce in the history of medical science.

It's gotten to the point now that breast cancer awareness is not so much about curing cancer as it is about being politically correct and keeping a good public face.

Deleted
    It's a bandwagon thing. People can lob a few quid at it, cluck their tongues, see the pink shirts and feel good about themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look I understand that prostate cancer and other cancers need awareness, but to be offended by breast cancer campaigns is a bit over the top.
    Putin khuliyo

It isn't discriminatory at all. There are foundations dedicated to prostate cancer as well.

If you think they deserve more attention, research them and generate P.R. for them like the Susan Komen people did for breast cancer.

Offended by raising awareness about a cancer? Really? Get over it. It's the fact that it CAN be cured if you catch it early enough, so it's there to encourage people to get themselves checked regularly so they don't die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Don't you think breast cancer gets a BIT too much attention compared to the myriad of other, extremely serious diseases?
    Why does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You're doing the same thing that the kid in the OP is doing about cancer. You can care about issues like domestic abuse even if its not the biggest issue.
    I understand that. But surely you understand how trying to attack "violence against women" does for violence what cutting PBS does for fighting the federal deficit.

You know Laize, this does nicely highlight the failing of public charity in allocation though, which is a feather for the cap when anarcho capitalism comes up again.