Thread: Elegon...

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I was against the whole idea of LFR, but I see why Blizz made it now - it is for those mouthbreathers who only raid 8 hours a week and expect to kill everything on first night :)))

I don't remember anyone ever crying "too hard" when we were learning MC or BWL back in the days even if we couldn't kill a boss at all in one night - we stayed for hours on vent discussing what we did good, what we can improve and where we should farm resistance gear tommorow.
    When Nihilum&co couldn't kill overtuned C'thun and was bashing their heads against the wall, I don't remember them crying on forums, instead they tried every way possible to make their execution perfect.
    Last edited by Elhana; 2012-10-04 at 06:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    This is how hard normal modes should be. Don't like it? LFR is over there, have fun.
    I'm fine with the current difficulty in personal experience, but normal is not meant for guilds that have "great" players or the ability to cherry pick classes to gain advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    I'm fine with the current difficulty in personal experience, but normal is not meant for guilds that have "great" players or the ability to cherry pick classes to gain advantages.
    My understanding was this is exactly what normal modes were going to be for, and that they were moving away from the "normals are for those without the time/those without the skill" and using LFR for that.

It would seem a tad odd to me to have LFR for Casuals/Bads, Normals for Casuals/Bads then heroics for anyone with ten fingers and a lot of free time.

I really hope blizz doesn't nerf normal/heroics any time soon, would be a shame. T14 has actually made raiding fun again, seeing even the best guilds in the world struggle is a relief. But some mouthbreather will complain and free loot to everyone...

10+ Year Old Account
    Got it down last night - 10man.

Beat the enrage by roughly 55 seconds.

Myself - Prot warrior
    Blood DK
    Holy priest
    Holy paladin
    Hunter
    Mage
    Rogue
    Ret pally
    Enh shammy
    Boomkin

Amazing fight when you've tweaked your setup to suit the enrage.

Took roughly 4-5 attempts last night.
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2012-10-04 at 07:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    bovidae from flawless (eu-servers) here, downed elegon yesterday(#2 world), now 6/6 in 25 mode(endboss is easy)
    the boss in 25 mode is extremly tigh, you got to do a lot of micromanagment on the adds and on the pillars to get those seconds in the <50 % phase or he enrages while the second pillars are still up
    we ran only 5 heals, which did dmg in the beginning and while sparks were up(healing up in the spawncast), 2 dks are extremly helpful for amz(addexplosion) and spark dmg. we had a total of 13 debuffs on the boss(7+6)

10 man on the other hand requires a lot less dps and is probably the way to go if you want to do hc mode next week. or you improve gear with valor reputation epics and pvp epics(483>463 heroic gear) and execute the strategy perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    I agree normal isn't meant for "great" players. That's why the "great" players will clear normal in first 1-3 weeks and go onto Heroics. The "not great" players should be PROGRESSING through normal. There needs to be a middle ground, the guilds with "not great" players should progress though normal at the same rate the "great" players progress through heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Elhana View Post
    I was against the whole idea of LFR, but I see why Blizz made it now - it is for those mouthbreathers who only raid 8 hours a week and expect to kill everything on first night ))

I don't remember anyone ever crying "too hard" when we were learning MC or BWL back in the days even if we couldn't kill a boss at all in one night - we stayed for hours on vent discussing what we did good, what we can improve and where we should farm resistance gear tommorow.
    When Nihilum&co couldn't kill overtuned C'thun and was bashing their heads against the wall, I don't remember them crying on forums, instead they tried every way possible to make their execution perfect.
    A) forums like this were not nearly as popular back then so obviously you didn't see as much complaining or any for that matter
    B) Top guild are never going to complain on forums like this something else that should be obvious. The people complaining are the one that don't want to put in the work and just want loo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyryte View Post
    I agree normal isn't meant for "great" players. That's why the "great" players will clear normal in first 1-3 weeks and go onto Heroics. The "not great" players should be PROGRESSING through normal. There needs to be a middle ground, the guilds with "not great" players should progress though normal at the same rate the "great" players progress through heroics.

If they don't nerf elegon, it will be the normal mode cockblock. (For MSV)

Elegon is simple if you have high enough dps, and your healers are capeble of 2healing. Neither of which are characteristics of the majority of pugs.
    I still love the fight, wish I could do it again tonight.. anyone know how to revive bosses?

Just think man. this is the first raid of 3 raids.

I can't wait to see pugs on Amber-Shaper!

I'm giggling like a little schoolgirl already!

Ohhhhh the QQ.
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    DPS requirement is perfectly tuned on 25 man and very doable even without perfect heroic blue gear using a 2 Tank, 6 Healer setup

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    DPS requirement is perfectly tuned on 25 man and very doable even without perfect heroic blue gear using a 2 Tank, 6 Healer setup
    Exactly this. If people are beating the enrage with 463 gear then the fight is tuned for 463.... God forbid there is a dps check and you cant kill it in 2 pulls

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    I can't speak for 25man, but 10man is absolutely perfect (aswell). The damage output is totally bang on, and enrage timer is perfect.
    Perfect all round fight, something i'd expect from a last-half raid boss.

(I thought the fight was obscenely crazy hard when I attempted it on the day it was released, but after altering the strat and group comp, it became faceroll. I'd suggest if anyone is having issues you take a look at what you're doing and your group composition.)

If people need help (I've only killed 10man) PM me or quote my post.
    Can give you a few pointers or just flat out tell you what we did if you want.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    I can't speak for 25man, but 10man is absolutely perfect (aswell). The damage output is totally bang on, and enrage timer is perfect.
    Perfect all round fight, something i'd expect from a last-half raid boss.

(I thought the fight was obscenely crazy hard when I attempted it on the day it was released, but after altering the strat and group comp, it became faceroll. I'd suggest if anyone is having issues you take a look at what you're doing and your group composition.)

If people need help (I've only killed 10man) PM me or quote my post.
    Can give you a few pointers or just flat out tell you what we did if you want.
    Any particular reason for so much melee? Our raid group is primarily ranged. Not sure if that is a huge benefit?

Were looking at a comp of:

-Prot Pally
    -Prot Warrior

-Holy Priest
    -Holy Pally

-Hunter
    -Mage
    -Boomkin
    -Ele Shaman
    -Warlock
    -Shadow Priest

and a rogue available. We only had about 30 mins on it Tuesday. Going in tonight and just want to have the best insight possible.

I agree with the overall attitude of posts like this, but we have to be honest and admit that while we may like this kind of game in normal modes, the bolded portions are contradictory to Blizzard's stated design intent for normal modes vs. heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayita View Post
    Any particular reason for so much melee? Our raid group is primarily ranged. Not sure if that is a huge benefit?

Were looking at a comp of:

-Prot Pally
    -Prot Warrior

-Holy Priest
    -Holy Pally

-Hunter
    -Mage
    -Boomkin
    -Ele Shaman
    -Warlock
    -Shadow Priest

and a rogue available. We only had about 30 mins on it Tuesday. Going in tonight and just want to have the best insight possible.
    Our Rogue is slowly lvling her warlock to raid on
    Our enh shaman was our 3rd healer - but dpsing for the fight
    Our ret pally is our only.. whats the word.. normal? dps

I really really like melee on this fight. When they kill the protector they reset their stacks, then back on the boss. No hassle with running out randomly to reset stacks, it's all fixed.

Ranged are just as good, though! They just simply have to walk 2 yards backwards and poof, no more stacks.

I'd strongly suggest bringing as many burst dps as possible. You really need to get the sparks down. We had a 5% and a 3% wipe (Not to the enrage) but if we had killed another wave of sparks we would've killed the boss. Skipping an extra protector in the second Phase1 is crucial (imo).

We finally ended up getting 5stacks, then 5stacks again. We would kill 5 waves of adds and then ignore the 6th and just zerg the boss down. This made up an unbelievable amount of time on the enrage timer, causing us to enter phase3 with the boss on 31%.

You need to be aiming for 2 protectors in Phase1 the first time and 3 protectors in Phase1 the second time, aswell as knocking off 5 waves of sparks each time.

Don't run out in phase3, just stand and zerg, it lasted about 40 seconds with 10 stacks for us.

For the pillar phases, we split the group into 2 groups of 5, one went left one went right. The tanks picked up the adds whilst dpsing the pillars.

What I suggest on the pillars is that both groups zerg the middle one down, so that you have free movement to pick up the adds. (Both pillars on both sides have to die before they actually go down)

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 10:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    I agree with the overall attitude of posts like this, but we have to be honest and admit that while we may like this kind of game in normal modes, the bolded portions are contradictory to Blizzard's stated design intent for normal modes vs. heroic.
    To be totally honest, we could 3heal it if our dps was better
    So the group comp change was not 'needed' per say, but necessary when lacking the numbers required.
    I'm sure theres people out there that have 3 healed it (not sure why, would only make it harder) but it's still possible providing your dps is good enough.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    The raid has been out THREE days and the mouth breathers are calling for nerfs. These are the same people that complain LFR is too easy. Yes comp should be a requirement for bleeding edge raiding, its been three days, I just dont even understand this community anymore.

Deleted
    We have managed to kill Elegon two hours ago - of course in 25 man. The DPS requirements are pretty high and EVERY fail (like unnecessary deaths) will be punished in the third phase. We had like ~20 sec left until enrage - a pretty tense encounter!

Setup:
    http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

edit: movie inc this weekend!
    Last edited by mmoc8d30ec8bbc; 2012-10-04 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ruansohnje View Post
    We have managed to kill Elegon two hours ago - of course in 25 man. The DPS requirements are pretty high and EVERY fail (like unnecessary deaths) will be punished in the third phase. We had like ~20 sec left until enrage - a pretty tense encounter!

Setup:
    http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

edit: movie inc this weekend!
    You think deaths are bad in 25man :P that's only 4% of your raid!
    A death on 10man is game over red rover

Regardless, I agree - extremely tense encounter. Requires flawless execution. Looooooooooooooooove itttttttttttttttttttt

inb4 10v25 debate...
    lets have one thread where that doesn't happen!

Edit: Ayita heres our logs if you want to use them for your evil deeds.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zadjp74bqej9h7m4/
    Has a few fights where I got dc'd and our fails on Will of the Emperor if you want to have a sneak peak at those also
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2012-10-04 at 10:16 PM.
    Raxxykins

Our Rogue is slowly lvling her warlock to raid on
    Our enh shaman was our 3rd healer - but dpsing for the fight
    Our ret pally is our only.. whats the word.. normal? dps

I really really like melee on this fight. When they kill the protector they reset their stacks, then back on the boss. No hassle with running out randomly to reset stacks, it's all fixed.

Ranged are just as good, though! They just simply have to walk 2 yards backwards and poof, no more stacks.

I'd strongly suggest bringing as many burst dps as possible. You really need to get the sparks down. We had a 5% and a 3% wipe (Not to the enrage) but if we had killed another wave of sparks we would've killed the boss. Skipping an extra protector in the second Phase1 is crucial (imo).

We finally ended up getting 5stacks, then 5stacks again. We would kill 5 waves of adds and then ignore the 6th and just zerg the boss down. This made up an unbelievable amount of time on the enrage timer, causing us to enter phase3 with the boss on 31%.

You need to be aiming for 2 protectors in Phase1 the first time and 3 protectors in Phase1 the second time, aswell as knocking off 5 waves of sparks each time.

Don't run out in phase3, just stand and zerg, it lasted about 40 seconds with 10 stacks for us.

For the pillar phases, we split the group into 2 groups of 5, one went left one went right. The tanks picked up the adds whilst dpsing the pillars.

What I suggest on the pillars is that both groups zerg the middle one down, so that you have free movement to pick up the adds. (Both pillars on both sides have to die before they actually go down)

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 10:00 PM ----------

To be totally honest, we could 3heal it if our dps was better
    So the group comp change was not 'needed' per say, but necessary when lacking the numbers required.
    I'm sure theres people out there that have 3 healed it (not sure why, would only make it harder) but it's still possible providing your dps is good enough.

I heard boomkins are crazy good for Elgalon, as well as Ele shamans with their burst. I have high hopes for tonight. We didnt really get to see but a half hour on him Tuesday so. On another note, how are you liking Will? Do you feel its harder or easier than Elgalon?

Lol, game over red rover indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayita View Post
    I heard boomkins are crazy good for Elgalon, as well as Ele shamans with their burst. I have high hopes for tonight. We didnt really get to see but a half hour on him Tuesday so. On another note, how are you liking Will? Do you feel its harder or easier than Elgalon?

Lol, game over red rover indeed.
    Will is extremely easy if your tanks execute the dance properly (Which we're doing) and your melee execute the dance properly (Not happening)

Once the melee do it properly it'll fall over without question.

If you have a look at some of the attempts in the logs I linked, the melee are doing like 30k, while the ranged are high 50s low 60s
    Not to mention the melee are requiring a crapload of additional heals, which leads to tank deaths considering they hit like freight trains transporting steroids, on steroids smoking crack laced with steroids

Jan-xi hits Raxxed 197945 (O: 10910)

^ ow.
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2012-10-04 at 10:27 PM.
    Raxxykins