Poll: Which Rep System do you like?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post

Current model plus future changes. Work for your stuff, save time on alts later. Don't just mindlessly run dungeons and ignore the rest of the world.
    Definitely have to agree. Running dungeons for ever just for rep was pretty horrible. The current system actually lets you pace yourself without feeling super crap about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post
    So why bother? After reaching 90, I feel I'm pretty much done with the game. The remaining content no longer appeals to me.
    Can I have your stuff? I promise to make an alt on your server and faction and make the most of it when you're gone tomorrow...

I hated the tabard model and the current one seems much better. That said, the current one still has a lot to work on I'd say.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It's asburd, punitive and extremely unfriendly. It's not about giving me options in the slightest. It takes away one significant one that I had before in favor of.... god fucking knows what. Why would any of you want to be gated as such? YOu should want Blizzard to do a better job at releasing content at a better pace so that they don't have to resort to bullshit like this. From every stand point it sucks. It is so extremely regressive and shows that they have really hit the bottom of the fucking barrel for ideas if this is what they had to dredge up from the grave. I can see everyone of your responses defending it already.

Any time someone in the forums brings up rep, the first thing that comes to mind is farming lower city rep by running shadowlabs. That was too much fun.
    << What I Look like. ^^Shit I say.

The OP had a problem with doing dailies for rep, so ignore that part. As for it being EASIER, that much is true, but since you won't get the itemlevel for LFR unless you do something which grants JP/VP, something the OP also had a problem with, then LFR is ignored too. That leaves us with one choice - being dragged through Normal Mode by people that might actually want to play the game and not be slowed down by slackers like the OP. This also rules out raiding. So the OP will be stuck doing nothing at all...
    The Op had a problem with being forced to do dailies. The old system if all you wanted to do was run randoms you could but in the new system you don't have a choice which kinda defeats the purpose of the whole "do what you want at endgame" philosophy.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

It's completely retarded. As they said in former posts, the reason they are removing head enchants are because they don't want people needing to farm reputation with certain factions. No, instead we need to farm dailies to get rep with a faction, in order to unlock other dailies to another faction, and so on. What the hell was the point removing head enchants in the first place? Blizzard need to stop changing everything. This expansion so far is shit in all aspects. Questing , dungeons, PvP so unbalanced. Im quitting wow if this keeps on.

id just like a higher repgain per daily from the dailies 110 (golden lotus) and 145 (kalaxxi) with guild bonus) and non human is lame tbh id settle for 200 all round

Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    The Op had a problem with being forced to do dailies. The old system if all you wanted to do was run randoms you could but in the new system you don't have a choice which kinda defeats the purpose of the whole "do what you want at endgame" philosophy.
    How is he forced? There is PLENTY of ways to get gear. You do not HAVE to get those VP items, or get the reps up. Its a choice you make. You know, do what you want.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The OP had a problem with doing dailies for rep, so ignore that part. As for it being EASIER, that much is true, but since you won't get the itemlevel for LFR unless you do something which grants JP/VP, something the OP also had a problem with, then LFR is ignored too. That leaves us with one choice - being dragged through Normal Mode by people that might actually want to play the game and not be slowed down by slackers like the OP. This also rules out raiding. So the OP will be stuck doing nothing at all...
    OP didn't say any of those things.

He said that doing dungeons is a gamble, because you are literally spending x amount of time for a specific drop. Unlike the old system where you would be investing that time in order to get rep/JP/VP and any gear upgrades were just a bonus. There is no reason to run dungeons now besides 1 or 2 specific pieces of gear that when you get them you will have no reason whatsoever to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    No. It's asburd, punitive and extremely unfriendly. It's not about giving me options in the slightest. It takes away one significant one that I had before in favor of.... god fucking knows what. Why would any of you want to be gated as such? YOu should want Blizzard to do a better job at releasing content at a better pace so that they don't have to resort to bullshit like this. From every stand point it sucks. It is so extremely regressive and shows that they have really hit the bottom of the fucking barrel for ideas if this is what they had to dredge up from the grave. I can see everyone of your responses defending it already.

You are my hero. I couldn't have said it better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Your correct, you will be unable to get items that require 30 minutes of your time per day.
    The implied argument that only 30 minutes per day isn't much would be valid if it had to do with health, work or education.

It doesn't, so it isn't. I'm not gonna spend 30 minutes per day doing something I hate, just to progress in a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am lazy. Just let me throw a tabard on and farm heroics to get exalted. I hate dailies and don't want to feel forced to do them.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    How is he forced? There is PLENTY of ways to get gear. You do not HAVE to get those VP items, or get the reps up. Its a choice you make. You know, do what you want.
    So 'either you do dailies, or you can't get better than dungeon gear' doesn't sound like being forced?

10+ Year Old Account
    i like the new model , just not sure what was the reason on puting epic gear for revered and blue for exalted...like those kaxxi weapons, gonna be good only for transmog by the time you get them ;<

Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    Except you don't. You get better vp from dailies and better gear from reps. So basically when you que you are risking wasting 30 min if you get nothing which happens often.
    This is EXACTLY how it should be. This isn't a 99 cent app to play and forget after 10 minutes. Its okay in an RPG to force people to do quest. Blizzard wants people out in the world doing things, and this is a great way to get people out of major cities and keep them doing stuff. It makes no sense to me why someone would sit on their ass IRL just to sit on their ass in game. I'll be half surprised if blizzard's next MMO isn't a couch simulator.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    OP didn't say any of those things.

He said that doing dungeons is a gamble, because you are literally spending x amount of time for a specific drop. Unlike the old system where you would be investing that time in order to get rep/JP/VP and any gear upgrades were just a bonus. There is no reason to run dungeons now besides 1 or 2 specific pieces of gear that when you get them you will have no reason whatsoever to return.
    well said, +1
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Mixed feelings about the new dailies, i really like the Tillers, but only because i know taht the end result will net me 1,6 Spirit of Harmony per day.

The rest of the factions will be like a passive skill after i hit Exaltd -non existent-

The only Daily quests i really hate, are the daily quests for Nat Pagle, 3 fishes with 1% catchrate? talk about boring activity, average of 300 throws to get all 3. And 1 of those 3 requires you to fish where you drag up 50% junk (Carcass/rat corpses)
    Last edited by Miothan; 2012-10-04 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    So 'either you do dailies, or you can't get better than dungeon gear' doesn't sound like being forced?
    actually it is as i can get nearly 200 vp from doing dailies quicker than i could from doing randoms and so u know i can get 190 vp from dailies and id need 7 hcs to match that each hc takes about 20 mins plus queue time.

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 12:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Miothan View Post
    Mixed feelings about the new dailies, i really like the Tillers, but only because i know taht the end result will net me 1,6 Spirit of Harmony per day.

The rest of the factions will be like a passive skill after i hit Exaltd -non existent-
    dont u get 12 plots for hitting revered?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    I KNOW RIGHT. YOU TELL EM BRO. And all those assholes who bitched about running 10s and 25s at the same time and how fucking necessary it was. Or how they nerfed dungeon loot because it felt so necesssary. NONE OF THAT WAS OPTIONAL. Except for the fact that even the developers don't agree with you. They nerfed all that shit because it felt to fucking mandatory. They will do one of the following.

1. Continue to move valor gear until it has no rep or the easiest rep to obtain, basically without dailies just general questing or failing that add tabards.
    2. They will improve JP gear until at LEAST you can theoretically use it for LFR purposes. It is mathematically incapable of getting you to the next lvl of progression which would be lfr.
    3. They will nerf the requirement of lfr.

They had a perfect loot set up in Cata. Why they abandoned it is beyond me. The only people who suffered from it was Blizzard. We had to much fun and they couldn't keep up with us. The answer is that Blizzard learn to keep up with us as many other companies do. They've done some knee jerk reactionary bullshit already so they need to think about this but not for to long. Once the casuals hit fucking 90, see the wall of fucking daily grind questing in front of them and the pathetic reward from justice points their will be blood in the water. This will be even more divisive than the heroics are fucking hard in cataclysm. In fact at this point people will bitch and are starting to bitch that they nerfed it. Best do it like a band aid.