Poll: Which Rep System do you like?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh View Post
    This is EXACTLY how it should be. This isn't a 99 cent app to play and forget after 10 minutes. Its okay in an RPG to force people to do quest. Blizzard wants people out in the world doing things, and this is a great way to get people out of major cities and keep them doing stuff. It makes no sense to me why someone would sit on their ass IRL just to sit on their ass in game. I'll be half surprised if blizzard's next MMO isn't a couch simulator.
    problem with cata was we had no rep dailies just the tabard, now we have gone to the other extreme. Whats wrong with choice which is what this entire expansion was supposed to be about. Running 5 mans right now seems like a massive waste of time when you get to a decent level of gear(455-460 range).
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    actually it is as i can get nearly 200 vp from doing dailies quicker than i could from doing randoms and so u know i can get 190 vp from dailies and id need 7 hcs to match that each hc takes about 20 mins plus queue time.

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 12:26 AM ----------

dont u get 12 plots for hitting revered?
    Yes, and at Exalted you have 16 plots O_o 16 Motes of Harmony farmed per day = 1.6 Spirit of Harmony per day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    The old system if all you wanted to do was run randoms you could but in the new system you don't have a choice which kinda defeats the purpose of the whole "do what you want at endgame" philosophy.
    I'm gonna have to quote myself here: "if you aren't narrowminded".

A lot of people that have a problem with the new system, just want to get the best of the best of the best gear right NOW. NOW NOW, not in a week NOW. IF all you want to do is run dungeons, then you WILL have to settle with getting worse gear and at a slower rate, compared to those that play the game as intended. You can still get geared for LFR provided you did the Klaxxi chain as part of your leveling/gearing process. Their neck items at Honored are easily available when you have enough VP for them. Even if you didn't do enough Klaxxi to get Honored, you have the option of getting BOE gear, either from crafting or world drops.

And here's where the narrowminded comment enters the picture: Most people do not want to look beyond what they are used to doing. Most people want to be able to run dungeons and get a full set of WTFPWNAGE gear that enables them to go LFR or raiding and get an OMGWTFPWNAGE set of gear. And they can. They really really CAN do that. It just takes LONGER than it used to. For those of us that do not mind doing dailies, we get there too, just a bit sooner. Because we don't focus on one thing. We aren't narrowminded.

10+ Year Old Account
    problem with cata was we had no rep dailies just the tabard, now we have gone to the other extreme. Whats wrong with choice which is what this entire expansion was supposed to be about. Running 5 mans right now seems like a massive waste of time when you get to a decent level of gear(455-460 range).
    It is a massive waste of time and it is being recognized as such by players. I haven't had a single run all day that someone didn't leave. Boss doesn't drop what you need PEACE OUT HOMEY. It was supposed to be about choice so long as the choice you want doesn't conflict with something else they want you to do. Well that should be the priority not some absurd regressive attempt to capture the spirt of vanilla. A thing that can'tt be qualified and objectively stated as even existing. It's mental. I don't understand it one bit.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    WOW players slay me!

You cry and cry for the good old days of Vanilla and BC, but when an old school rep grind is introduced you flip out!
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Everything i heard about MoP was that there will be more options and everyone can choose to do things they enjoy but so far it seems like a non stop quest grind

... wait... are we talking about rep, VP/JP items, or heroic dungeons?

The current rep-system is fine, but only because it's pretty much orthogonal to other aspects of the game.

I'd still prefer the option of doing either dailies or tabard-based rep grinding (at least once I got to revered, because by then the dailies are no longer novel).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    WOW players slay me!

You cry and cry for the good old days of Vanilla and BC, but when an old school rep grind is introduced you flip out!
    NO. Some clowns on a forum did. And now they have reactionary statists like you to defend it. Whatever. They made changes, the 30 page fucking thread on this issue has already had a blue say they are listening to and will be making more. I'm not concerned one fucking bit. They know where their bread is buttered.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-04 at 11:41 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Except those grindy Vanilla reps were mostly for vanity items or people who were OCD about their rep bars. Argent Dawn was useful for raiding but was partly earned through dungeons and leveling, Hydraxian Waterlords and Brood of Nozdormu were earned from raiding, Wintersabers was awful but just gave a mount, Ravenholdt was pointless, can't remember what else there was...

They should honestly do both.

Get a tabard be at friendly rep and make it give rep until revered. People who want to do dungeons can, people who want to do dailies can as well. But if you want the vanity stuff, you have to go out and daily grind the way from revered to exalted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind dailies, but I'd rather have a small amount of easy dailies that give lots of rep, rather than fifty thousand that give 1 each.

Exaggerations but yeah

I would say a combination of the two. Either remove the rep requirement for gear and keep it the same OR add tabards (lower rep gain than in wrath) and keep the vp requirements. Having both at the same time is dumb and far to much of a grind in an expansion that has MANY grinds.
    Just put a weekly cap on Rep Gain for the reputations they don't want you maxing in a day by doing Dungeon runs. give rep for dailies doing dungeons all sort of things.. Give me a choice on how to earn the rep. Some days I want to grind dungeons, some days i want to do dailies. some days all i have time for is tillers. What I hate is basically being forced to get rep through one method and one method only and if you miss a day or two your behind. I loved the cata LFD you could run 7 times a week. didn't matter if you ran all seven in one day or one a day or however YOU wanted to run them. now if you miss a day you simply can't make it up for the valor. The game should be about choices. the choice shouldn't be do or do not. the choice should be How do I want to accomplish my goals today?

Deleted
    you realize that everything they have done, in regards to rep being from dailies is because the PVP enthusiast's complained there was no world PVP.
    now you are forced to go out and be in the world, instead of dungeon hopping whilst remaining in a city to get your rep.

Does it annoy me that I have to go do dailies if I want exalted with all factions and get the rewards, Damn right it does. Especially the gated ones.
    Do I let it bother me ? No. I just go and get it done. its something to do between dungeons and raids, And guess what..... This is EXACTLY what blizzard stated they would do. Get more people out into the world. making the world feel alive again.

Annoying, Yes. Repetitive, Yes. Do I enjoy it ? YES. if I didn't I wouldn't play. so BIG thank you to the PVP enthusiasts who complained enough that there was no world PVP. Blizzard listened, And they done something about it. This must be the only time that I (as a PVE player on a PVE realm) can think of that a change that is so obviously designed to help populate the world and encourage PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Daily Quests are much more fun than farming dungeons.
    your opinion of course.

I just wish that there was gear available for every slot without the rep grind

There is ZERO cloth chest pieces with spirit between 450 ilvl and 476 (from LFR) without grinding rep. The only one in the game at 463 is from a quest from Golden Lotus revered.

I am all for things to do at 90, but when dailies are not actually optional and they take 3 hours every day to do all 48 by yourself, its not fun anymore.

And those complaining this is what we had in Vanilla and BC with reps and dailies. We never had this many dailies, there was half as many at max (25 cap), and far far far less that were actually needed each day to progress in the game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
    I just wish that there was gear available for every slot without the rep grind

There is ZERO cloth chest pieces with spirit between 450 ilvl and 476 (from LFR) without grinding rep. The only one in the game at 463 is from a quest from Golden Lotus revered.
    Robes of Creation says hi.

Deleted
    i dont like it at all

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    you realize that everything they have done, in regards to rep being from dailies is because the PVP enthusiast's complained there was no world PVP.
    now you are forced to go out and be in the world, instead of dungeon hopping whilst remaining in a city to get your rep.

Does it annoy me that I have to go do dailies if I want exalted with all factions and get the rewards, Damn right it does. Especially the gated ones.
    Do I let it bother me ? No. I just go and get it done. its something to do between dungeons and raids, And guess what..... This is EXACTLY what blizzard stated they would do. Get more people out into the world. making the world feel alive again.

Annoying, Yes. Repetitive, Yes. Do I enjoy it ? YES. if I didn't I wouldn't play. so BIG thank you to the PVP enthusiasts who complained enough that there was no world PVP. Blizzard listened, And they done something about it. This must be the only time that I (as a PVE player on a PVE realm) can think of that a change that is so obviously designed to help populate the world and encourage PVP.
    And in about 1-2 weeks most players that do them daily, will be sitting in Valley afking since they are exalted, dont se how that would make the world seem more alive. Raiding players will get their VP from raid bosses and if necessary whatever amount of Dailys to cap each week, tho when Terace has been released, there will be enough bosses to cap on VP from Raid bosses alone, unless you cant down them *

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    WOW players slay me!

Daily quests were introduced in Tbc, Vanilla had none of this. All the solo grind factions (Cenarion Hold, Argent Dawn, Timbermaw, Winterspring frostsabers etc) all offered gear that wasn't any better than the intro raid gear (at exalted mind you and was implemented at the end of Vanilla) or vanity stuff. Everything else was done through raids (similiar to the Firelands reputation faction).

In Tbc you earned vanity stuff through dailies, and pre-raiding epics through reputation farm which was earned in normal and heroic dungeons, or by repeatable turn-in quests.

In MoP everything is daily quest based. If you don't log in each day your gear progression is slowed down. This is the exact model they went away from in Cataclysm when they changed it from 1 daily heroic to 7 weekly (for valor points). And that's not even mentioning the people who are not even interrested in doing dailies.
    Want to spend your valor points? Good luck with rep farming.
    Want access to LFR? Well either you farm dailies for several weeks to get your pre-raid epics, or you farm 200 heroic dungeons hoping you can get all your slots covered in 463 gear within that time frame.
    I have all my crafting professions maxed and got the materials to make the gear I want? Good luck with rep farming.

The lack of alternatives in MoP is astonishing. Dailies have always been for vanity and nothing else in the 3 expansions beforehand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    In MoP everything is daily quest based.
    Cool for people who like dailies.
    Bearable for people who don't mind them so much.
    And f****** for people who hate them.

That basically sums up MoP.