Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The main difference is you're in a further phase allowing a longer burn with the stacking buff on Elegon. It's impossible to compare raid damage because of that.

Ignoring all of that, your original statement was that monks are hopeless (paraphrased). They are far from it. If you regret rerolling, I'm sorry to hear that, but making a sweeping generalization on all monks is a fallacy.

Deleted
    i have two questions,

do i oversee something or why do you get even over 8% haste, im sticking at ~ 5,4% and cant do anything other without falling under hit / expertise cap ( my gear is ~ 466 )

2. can you tell me your average dps from your boss fights or do you have logs where i can compare the fights ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I appreciate you posting this, regardless of some of the responses.

I need all the advice and stuff I can get. I've never been raiding before (except WAY back in Vanilla with MC)...so I have returned to get back in to it.

Thank you.

@ Kirby9113 - I do not have logs, unfortunately. I did post a screenshot on the last page but that's of Elegon who has a damage amp mechanic. So far, it's mostly around 70k on the other fights.

As for your exp/hit issue, there are lots of 5man heroic pieces that have opposites with hit/exp pieces. To me, those were BiS because it allowed for more haste.

Guys your damage is relative to your raid and your skill. It is simple fact that WW monks scales less than other melee but this does not mean you can't be a top dps'er. If you want to be relative and useful to your raid then you will have to use the WW Monk "kit" to your advantage. Figure out how to capitalize on your strengths within raid. I can tell you flat out that there are things WW monks can do on every fight that give us a bit of an edge. Whether it's touch of death, touch of karma use, eliminating down time (i.e moving from pup to pup on Stone Gaurdians instantaneously), etc. there are ways to edge ourselves out over other classes... we just need to work a bit harder at it.

I wanted to update this thread with some of my parses and a video kill of Elegon (Not monk PoV, but look at his recount throughout the fight) to satisfy some pm's I've received and some people in this thread.

One of my better attempts: WW Monk Elegon Attempt
    Elegon Kill Video (US 10th, World 25th): Watch Recount through the fight @ the monk.

Please keep in mind the purpose of this thread is to give advice to the community on YOUR raid experience. I appreciate the attention on my experience, but the more external input the better!

I have loved raiding as WW. Our survivability is nice with Touch of Karma, Fort Brew and Diffuse Magic. Even though some of the fights seem to be more ranged friendly the high mobility with Roll and FSK let me keep up in DMG.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Jyllana/simple
    Log from last night: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/hixo85uzqihojsro/

Sorry about my attitude last night, I was merely upset over the fact that I fucked up myself by doing something that was not really intended for WW Monks, even tho, we were taking a huge amount of damage during burn phase of Elegon. I'm really enjoying my Monk (Much more then my old Ret) and I'll just have to get used to it better and not act as a Healer/DPS. I do believe that in the end, my healing did make a difference during that burn phase tho.

It's perfectly fine man, lol. I'm glad you're enjoying your monk and I agree 100%!

We literally JUST killed Elegon, and here's the meters. http://imgur.com/RvVPJ

I ranked 5th on WoL xD

I rerolled from Rogue. Sure, I probably do a little less damage - but I'm still in top 3 in our 10man (top 2 all last night) but it is so much more fun. Utility, movement, Elegon last night was so fun mixing up the CDs to help healers. It feels a lot more rewarding, however the risks are higher if you don't keep everything going. Once that ball starts rolling don't stop! Depending on fight averaging 58-70kish?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.

My guild does not do public logs but If we did make them public I would place top 5 for WW monks on every fight thus far. The monk class is not bad or broken... just a bit under tuned which was to be expected AFTER the DK debacle where they were super OP for pve and pvp. Monks will get a tuning and will be continued to be tuned for the rest of this xpac. Expect many positive and some unfavorable changes to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...the guild I was with wasn't really doing anything (it was one of those level 25....join us and the GM takes all the gold we make...with no guild repairs etc; kind of guild)...so I've found a new guild that seems really cool.

We are starting the vault on Weds, 10-man.

The gear drops are the same (like quality), but it's just less of it right? I've heard instead of 4 epics dropping...it's only 2?

I'm new to all this so that's what the GM said. Got to 456 ilvl last night, gonna continue running heroics and doing dailies etc; to get that up higher while watching my gear stats.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well i am really loving Windwalker atm. I am the 3d tank in the guild(25man) so for most fights i am actually just DPSing.(We have an issue that for our wedensday and thursday raids our 2nd tank can only be there every other week). But so far i have dpsed on Spirit kings(due to only needing one tank) and on elegon(since the 2nd tank was back). But i have to say its really fun, i am one of the top dpses both in total and on the sparks(might be to me beeing the best geared player on the realm, RNG FTW)

Our guild cleared 5/6 Mogu 25man (We raid tue-thurs). Because we didn't have enough time for the final boss in 25, we cleared it in two 10 man groups. For 10 mans, I ranked #1 WW monk in the world (58k dps) and my guild buddy (also windwalker) ranked #2 with 57k dps (we were in two separate 10 mans).

Honestly, overall, I'm pleased with the way windwalkers play in PvE. It may be frustrating that it's one of those classes/specs that require you to play 100% optimal to compete, but it's very rewarding. I am still concerned about how other classes with scale with gear, but we won't see much evidence of that till a month~ out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronyk View Post
    Our guild cleared 5/6 Mogu 25man (We raid tue-thurs). Because we didn't have enough time for the final boss in 25, we cleared it in two 10 man groups. For 10 mans, I ranked #1 WW monk in the world (58k dps) and my guild buddy (also windwalker) ranked #2 with 57k dps (we were in two separate 10 mans).

Honestly, overall, I'm pleased with the way windwalkers play in PvE. It may be frustrating that it's one of those classes/specs that require you to play 100% optimal to compete, but it's very rewarding. I am still concerned about how other classes with scale with gear, but we won't see much evidence of that till a month~ out.
    How can you find out your ranking, especially worldwide?

Grats though on #1 for 10m.

Quote Originally Posted by ClimacticGaming View Post
    How can you find out your ranking, especially worldwide?

Grats though on #1 for 10m.

Worldoflogs.com
    Rankings drop down menu - dps.

Then play with the interface.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

The class itself I find to be very fun and extremely mobile. We have a lot of tools which in raids/challenges we are able to use and be quite successful. However, I do feel like our scaling is going to be a huge concern soon as well as our issues regarding PvP effectiveness.

Lot of people are asking for videos as well so I recorded our Elegon kill (25man) - granted, we completely changed our strat around and I do help lead so it wasnt the best performance on my part (was rank#3 on logs but I did have quite a few mistakes) but that's something I'll fix on next weeks kill.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWQfxceU6-U&feature=plcp

Great post, I can't wait to start raiding on Monk, atm I'm doing very well in heroic dps, but that's not that comparable to raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredz View Post
    #1 on Elegon? I bet you aren't on bitch duty like most melee should be. There's no way in hell you are #1 if you are #3 dmg on the adds (which I am and which is my job). Unless I'm missing some kind of buff, I don't see how exactly I'm supposed to compete with any kind of class that can sit on the boss full time or any ranged.

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 09:21 PM ----------

And being #1 dps doesn't exactly mean you are doing better then me if your job is to sit on the boss or if your overall raid DPS is shit.
    Byronyk isn't wrong, I am also nuking the boss till the big adds come, take it down, reset my stacks and repeat. Dealing with the sparks as assigned - assigned to the furthest back even as well since I can roll over quicker than others. I'm currently laying between 93-106k on our attempts on Elegon.

Edit: Screeny of an attempt - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...812_221633.jpg
    Last edited by mmoc93d738ac03; 2012-10-09 at 04:48 PM.

@ Kyuubi - Fredz came back later in the post to discuss that and the discussion (on that) is over. I do appreciate your input though. I think Elegon is a great fight for WW monks to learn proper use of CD's and pooling energy/chi all because of the sparks. Getting 6~ stacks each time is key, and staggering your personal CD's, saving RSK, pooling energy, and so forth for that is critical.