Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

[Anime] Most "normal" Female anime character?

If you've been following anime I'm sure you are well aware of how many female characters tend to be portrayed as either a walking pile of breasts or a moron. I am sure some people know what moe is....

However every so often you may find a female character who seems normal and not what a women typically is like in an anime.

My question is: In your opinion who is the most "normal" Female anime character? Who defies the stereotype of women in anime?

I'll start: I think that Maka From Soul Eater is the most normal character I have yet to see. She has a real personality, isn't a brain-dead idiot on screen, and faces actual problems that she must overcome.

so who do you believe is the most normal female anime character?

watch fate stay night . . . i think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Sakura from Naruto, specifically Shipuuden when she gets over her whole "more interested in boys than anything" mentality. Also, the neighbor from Full Metal Alchemist, and the girlfriend from Yu Yu Hakusho. (I can't remember names and am too lazy to Google.)
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

She's the smartest person in the show, and shes not just tits.

And pretty much the entire cast of Madoka besides Madoka, because she's a useless piece of shit. Besides when she turns into a god

Second comment got it right too, Saber from Fate is a pretty good example of that.

These look like real girls too.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-10-05 at 02:29 AM.

Ayana Kakinozaka

She creates a serious problem for the MC and tries to right her wrong above all else.

10+ Year Old Account
    don't lie, they're probably all insane cat girl maids if I actually watch the show

can't fool me!

It's ... really hard to find a non-sexualized female character. It's practically a law to make all female characters non-threatening to potential male viewers (outside such series where the threat of the female is the basis of the entire show - Higurashi no naku koro ni, for example). Not having to take them seriously because of breasts or mental or emotional deficiency are apparently quite effective.

I'll recommend Kino's Journey.

There are other female characters I enjoy, ones with a brain and or a deeper personality than many shows offer, but I can't claim they don't have boobs going for them (Ghost in the Shell, for instance, or Mezzo).

10+ Year Old Account
    Misaki Kirihara from Darker than Black... pretty much a competent wallflower

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 02:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Ayana Kakinozaka

She creates a serious problem for the MC and tries to right her wrong above all else.
    breasts being bigger than her head... and this is your most normal!?

Jealous and bi polar. Pretty much fits the criteria.

Deleted
    I'd say in matter of relationship and how she puts herself in the show I'd say Rukia from bleach is pretty decent. She interacts normal with other people insted of being the typicial anime girl...I'm sure there are others, but only Rukia jumps to mind.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    C'mon guys, we have to go old school for this. Naussica all the way. Sure, she's a princess and kicks some ass here and there, but she bleeds the same as everyone else. I always thought she was very well drawn and written.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Draqson View Post

breasts being bigger than her head... and this is your most normal!?
    Yes. We look like this in real life too, only 3d and gross.

I feel like Skelington should spend more time in /a/. Or less.. I'm really not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    I feel like Skelington should spend more time in /a/. Or less.. I'm really not sure.
    What's /a/?

The Major from Ghost in the Shell. Once you get past the robot part..

I'd also say that Faye qualifies. She's kind of incompetent but I'm sure there are TONS of women just like her running around in the real world. She's kind of slutty but it's woven into her character beyond "HEY LOOK TITS!"
    Last edited by Pompeii; 2012-10-05 at 03:26 AM.
    Quakefan's #1 fan!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tsukimi from Kuragehime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    What's /a/?
    If you're not kidding (not sure...) then I think Christmas is about to come early for you.

http://boards.4chan.org/a/
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Deleted
    Off the top of my head, maybe somebody like Kanae Sumida (5cm Per Second):

I think she's very human and is presented as such. A very sympathetic character. God! I hate that beautiful movie! QQ

Nadeko Sengoku

She's pretty average, especially later on in the monogatari's.
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    If you're not kidding (not sure...) then I think Christmas is about to come early for you.

http://boards.4chan.org/a/
    Wow, that place is disturbing. Is it like a board of debaucherous pedophiles and fetishists or something? They're all so mean to each other.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-10-05 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I'd say in matter of relationship and how she puts herself in the show I'd say Rukia from bleach is pretty decent. She interacts normal with other people insted of being the typicial anime girl...I'm sure there are others, but only Rukia jumps to mind.
    I completely forgot about her. we need more female leads in anime. And less moe morons. :P

(We have enough of them)