Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axi View Post
    I agree, and I agree with your list although I don't think locks and warriors are quite in the top tier with the rest. Warriors definitely feel annoying because of the multitude of stuns and the new easier to use spell reflect, and locks still rely on having a few other classes around them to truly dominate.
    Warriors are only dangerous because of their cds. Their damage outside cds is bad. And once they pop cds, which are very graphical, just pop your defensive cds or cc them and run away till they expire.

Honestly, unless you're something like a warlock, priest, rogue or non-blood dk, you shouldn't be losing to warriors.

Just wondering but how's everyone liking the ele shammies? Are they doing good or still getting owned most of the time?

10+ Year Old Account
    To all those saying Rets are overpowered, lets go over some things real quick.

Here is all main utility Ret Paladins have

-Bubble
    -BoP
    -Freedom
    -HoS (sacrifice to break sheeps/blinds)
    -WoG
    -Flash of Light (without selfless healer is so weak)
    -Kick
    -H/FoJ/Repentence
    -Wings

CC's that are generally useless against Rets
    -Snares
    -Roots

For comparison purposes lets look at one of the most recent FoTM classes, Warrior

Warrior Utility
    -Fear
    -Intervene
    -Rallying Cry (HP boost)
    -Charge (which also serves as an interrupt)
    -Pummel
    -Ranged Pummel with a silence
    -Heroic Leap
    -AoE Cone Stun
    -Shattering Throw
    -Disarm
    -Enrage (to break fears)
    -Avatar (warrior version of wings)
    -Recklessness
    -Ranged snare
    -War Banners (can be used for extra mobility)

CC's that are generally useless against warriros
    -Sap
    -Fear
    -Disarm (warrior 2/4set)
    -Purge
    -Silence

Between the two, which one seems more over powered? Rets are only "OP" as you guys put it every 3-5 minutes when we have Wings/Guardian up. Warriors are OP all the time. Think before you post. Without wings/guardian damage as Ret is extremely underwhelming and is useless for putting up pressure.
    Last edited by Xl House lX; 2012-10-05 at 07:40 AM.
    Call me House.

Have to disagree with people saying fire mages, Im just about fully geared, and I find myself getting owned more often than cata max,

But my SP is at 85 and shes killing players at 89,

and I have to say warriors are a pain in the arse, all I see them doing in pvp now, is, charge in, attack, heroic leap out, charge back in, stun / silence, (ham string on all the time) move out, charge, even intimating shout, run out, cap a flag as it ends, charge back in.

Was in AB on my mage and this happened, litreally spent the entire time stun and spell locked
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    and I have to say warriors are a pain in the arse, all I see them doing in pvp now, is, charge in, attack, heroic leap out, charge back in, stun / silence, (ham string on all the time) move out, charge, even intimating shout, run out, cap a flag as it ends, charge back in.

Was in AB on my mage and this happened, litreally spent the entire time stun and spell locked
    Oh good, if he was actually doing any decent damage while dancing like that, he would have been dangerous indeed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Oh good, if he was actually doing any decent damage while dancing like that, he would have been dangerous indeed.
    Warriors do colossal damage now, with the exception of BM hunters obviously being overpowered - warrior damage in pvp is due for a pretty big nerf soon I'm guessing.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors are only dangerous because of their cds. Their damage outside cds is bad. And once they pop cds, which are very graphical, just pop your defensive cds or cc them and run away till they expire.

Honestly, unless you're something like a warlock, priest, rogue or non-blood dk, you shouldn't be losing to warriors.
    Warriors are lethal now in Arenas. They are probably THE best melee to run with in 3's. The just have so much mobility and utility + the good sustained damage + the high burst from Avatar, no other melee class can compare atm.
    Call me House.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trogdora View Post
    Warriors are lethal now in Arenas. They are probably THE best melee to run with in 3's. The just have so much mobility and utility + the good sustained damage + the high burst from Avatar, no other melee class can compare atm.
    Frost DKs are the only class that can give them a run for their money IMO.

This is why TSG may be like free glad this season.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post

Really i was thinking Druid Hunter Death knight is TSG really that stronger?

Rouge, gotta be the most OP class >.< So disappointed how they've turned out.

Thinking to reroll Mage or SPirest.

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post

Finally back to TSG as frost.

Now with death's advance for frost, gone are the days we were forced to play uh all the time. Max burst inc. However, i am concerned about frostmage/spriest, so i raised a spriest too.

i guess warriors and spriest soon get nerfed hopefully not in the middle of the season. :P
    However, cause of crazy healers, i think high burst dmg is required and just looks silly against other dds like double dd in 2s and duels/random bgs. Stuff that gets played a lot for a grindfest.

What are the burst numbers of the elemental shaman in pvp?

Because of too strong healers, destruction lock might not be any viable in arenas too? I mean i cannot imagine it with all those pillars and LOS, op heals.(pure or hybrid)
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2012-10-05 at 10:55 AM.

If they pop CD they will one-shot you, no matter how many CD you pop
    Their damage outside of CD is still insane

Warriors are playing a completely different game right now and shouldnt ever lose to anyone outside of 1v2

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    To be fair at the moment many people at this stage are a bit low in the resil /pvp power department which means that the results so far are still slightly skewed.
    If you look at both your resil and PvP power you can see that we already have a baseline 40% resil and both stat grow at the same rate, so we are already experiencing "balanced pvp", there's no resil to fix anything this time
    Last edited by Gangresnake; 2012-10-05 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Warriors are playing a completely different game right now and shouldnt ever lose to anyone outside of 1v2
    Imagine what they'll be like come later seasons due to the way they scale with gear, if they aren't toned down.

To people that complains about rogues : Rogue are always underpowered at the beginning of each xpac then became OP after some hotfixes...
    Victory to the Alliance !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    If they pop CD they will one-shot you, no matter how many CD you pop
    Their damage outside of CD is still insane

Really ?! If a mage or hunter, for example, loses to a warrior in 1v1, the problem is between the chair and the desk.

Deleted
    Did i just get globalled by a BM hunter? Im used to getting globalled by frost mages but a hunter?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Did i just get globalled by a BM hunter? Im used to getting globalled by frost mages but a hunter?
    Yep, BM hunters are insane.

People whine about frost mages and warriors but BM hunters are the true monsters right now. Huge burst, huge cc and kitability and just wait till you get globalled, in pvp gear, by an entire zoo while the hunter just watches.

Only thing that can come close to beating a hunter in 1v1 is a shadow priest.

Try playing a warrior vs. one. Scatter shot - disengage - freezing trap - disengage - shale spider stun - disengage - intimitation stun - disengage. Their disengage also clears all movement imparing effects and gives them a 60% speed boost as well.

Tackling one as a melee class is a fucking joke. You can't win.
    Last edited by mmoc213777db2f; 2012-10-05 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    You should never, ever pick to play the FoTM class. You should always opt to play their hard counter.
    I like your style.

Deleted
    Bm hunters seem very hc atm. Warriors kinda too

Healer wise every one

Deleted
    So you want to level a class that is OP at the moment? Think in longer terms my son.

OnT- Mages seems pretty good.