Thread: 2h dps problem

Deleted

2h dps problem

So after 1 week of mop and 1day from the first raid,I think i do something wrong. I play 2h spec. Ilvl 461 atm with full gems and ench, caps on hit/expertise at 2500 and full reforge on haste as i can.BUT my numbers on first boss yesterday was a joke. I killed stone guard(10) with dps 4-5k less than the other 2dps players(hunter and lock).also our main tank(blood dk) was on dps so close to me. So I think i did something wrong. Rotation is good. Maybe I need to switch to dw with full mastery?is it better than 2h nowadays? Or I have to try UH? What's your opinion ppl?

Deleted
    firstly the hit/expertise caps are 2550, not 2500. Also the bosses are cleave friendly, so blood dks will be doing good cleave dps if they're the ones tanking the 2 bosses. I was doing 71.5k dps as blood dk last night on stone guards, its purely vengeance + the cleave which got me that dps. I was first on dps on both first and 2nd bosses too. with 63.5k dps on 2nd boss too.
    So don't feel bad, its just the case of most tanks at the moment. it will change when you get better gear.
    Tanks will start to fall further back in the pack the better geared the dps get. That is the nature of the beast currently.
    Also in future please try to disclose as much information as possible, spec, talent choices, glyphs and most importantly logs, with some info on what you do at specific mechanics/timers/specific health %'s on bosses, this wil help the community analyse your performance and give back as much help as we can.
    Last edited by mmocc78c361129; 2012-10-04 at 12:14 PM.

Deleted
    No problem.

Tanks get a good dps boost due to vengence which is noticeable at that gear level.

locks (and any other dot class) benefit heavily in that fight as they can dot up everything.

nothing wrong, it's just the mechanics of the fight, stick with your spec if you like it.

You are fine. Sims say 2h frost is slightly better than DW and Unholy. You are not gonna beat a blook dk, hunter, or lock if they are any good at all. I play DW right now only because I havent come across a decent 2h weapon. Plus, I like the idea of stacking haste over mastery anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canen View Post
    You are fine. Sims say 2h frost is slightly better than DW and Unholy. You are not gonna beat a blook dk, hunter, or lock if they are any good at all. I play DW right now only because I havent come across a decent 2h weapon. Plus, I like the idea of stacking haste over mastery anyway.
    2H stacks haste over mastery, DW stacks mastery over haste. Not sure what you're implying.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    2H stacks haste over mastery, DW stacks mastery over haste. Not sure what you're implying.
    Implying that when I come across a decent 2H weapon that I am going to switch because I would rather stack haste. I can see how that would confuse.

Was wondering why well-geared blood DKs were putting up such good numbers.. Explains a lot.

Blood dk's are a joke, playing a dps feels so useless >.> Tank at 94.5k dps vs best dps at 58k.

Logs for our Feng 25 kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...?s=6037&e=6506

more than 50% of the blood dk's dmg is from encounter.. so not his true dps. just fyi.

True, but he was #2 on stone guards and like #6 or so on gara'jal aswell. Making tank dps matter is great and all, but imo they should be on like 75% of a dpsers damage done then tops. I find it disheartening being passed by the tank even without gimmicks.

Maybe you should tell the rest of your DPS to work harder, 44k dps isn't a high bar right now.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

What he said. i do more than that in heroics bosses without raid buffs/flasks. plus its two weeks into expansion. tank dps wont scale since majority of it comes form vengeance that will not scale as you progress. However your dmg will scale due to better items. so stop whining about tank dps srsly.

Quote Originally Posted by devilminion View Post
    What he said. i do more than that in heroics bosses without raid buffs/flasks. plus its two weeks into expansion. tank dps wont scale since majority of it comes form vengeance that will not scale as you progress. However your dmg will scale due to better items. so stop whining about tank dps srsly.
    Well the HC-encounters are so short so if you dont do higer damage there than in raids you are doing somwthing wrong.

Deleted
    I've been prefering Unholy to Frost since mid FL, and my off-spec now is Unholy as well (main spec Blood). During progression on the Spirit Kings (1 tank, 100% single target fight) the first attempts I tried Unholy and was topping the meters by roughly 10% (6.1% dmg to WW Monks 5.5%), but found Unholy to play a little clumsy (too little haste I guess), so I tried 2H Frost with same reforge (Exp/Hit caps, Haste>Crit>Mastery = Unholy prio, so not perfect for Frost) and pulled roughly 4k less dps than as Unholy (around 5 attempts each) getting equal numbers as other dps.

My point is, simcrafts say 2H Frost is better, I found it to be incredibly boring, play whatever works best for you, give Unholy a shot.

Oh and about tank DPS...: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/sltsr...e=7835#Jaqueko, jelly?

2H frost stat prio is the same as unholy, but since you swapped to it midfight you probably lose dps due to not being used to the spec. And ofcourse, live =/= sims. Ghoul/geist staying on boss while you need to move for whatever reason is ++ for unholy, for example.

Blood dks are OP I beat everyone in dungeons and looking forward to LFR with it