Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best race to play?

Hello, looking for some input on which horde race will provide the most beneficial racials to play as a warlock, thanks.

Most people say orc, but i think they are ugly. >.<
    Cyner#1996

Definitely Orc but Goblins are good as well.
    For relaxing times, make it Suntory time.

Strict PvE min/max, Orc is best overall, Worgen is best for Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    Orc overall... but for afflic sac sparkuggz says troll is simming best, i'm not a fan of the 3 min cd though so i'll stay orc.

Worgen for alliance? Used to be Human for PVP and Gnome for PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    Worgen for alliance? Used to be Human for PVP and Gnome for PVE.
    Gnomes have offensive stats? Crit is good for destro. I'd admit gnomes might've been good for something like mage with the increased mana pool, I suppose it's less lifetaps.

Has anyone done any serious theorycrafting for Undead and their new racial? I mean with current gear level etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    Most people say orc, but i think they are ugly. >.<
    de gustibus non disputandem est.
    I think female orcs have the best physical proportions of any race in the game, and shaved heads and pointy teeth are a personal fetish.

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 04:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Gnomes have offensive stats? Crit is good for destro. I'd admit gnomes might've been good for something like mage with the increased mana pool, I suppose it's less lifetaps.
    well nowadays, Gnomes have a hit bonus if they wield a sword or dagger and the manapool bonus synergizes with the destruction ability Chaotic Energy which at its core is base a regeneration of a % of your maximum mana pool that is then multiplied by you spell haste, so destro Gnomes always have faster regen.

that being said 1% crit is worth more secondary stat rating points than 1% expertise and you can't be guaranteed a dagger or sword is BiS or will even drop, and Darkflight is a really great tool so Worgen are the best Dps race for the alliance.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-10-05 at 08:42 PM.

Orc all day! Love how the gear looks on them too. Rockin my WoTLK Wrathful set and it looks better on Orc compared to the other races because of the scaling on the shoulders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    de gustibus non disputandem est.
    I think female orcs have the best physical proportions of any race in the game, and shaved heads and pointy teeth are a personal fetish.

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 04:39 PM ----------

well nowadays, Gnomes have a hit bonus if they wield a sword or dagger and the manapool bonus synergizes with the destruction ability Chaotic Energy which at its core is base a regeneration of a % of your maximum mana pool that is then multiplied by you spell haste, so destro Gnomes always have faster regen.

that being said 1% crit is worth more secondary stat rating points than 1% expertise and you can't be guaranteed a dagger or sword is BiS or will even drop, and Darkflight is a really great tool so Worgen are the best Dps race for the alliance.
    Add to that the fact that if you're min/maxing it's highly unlikely that you will be destro anyways.

if youre not undead, youre wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    Add to that the fact that if you're min/maxing it's highly unlikely that you will be destro anyways.
    but a lot of people don't min/max and destro has a much more user friendly execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    but a lot of people don't min/max and destro has a much more user friendly execution.
    Yes but if you're not using the spec with the highest potential, then why even worry about wich race is better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but if you're not using the spec with the highest potential, then why even worry about wich race is better.
    which race is decent/easy to play/easy to level(mobility/reputation/professions)/most aesthetically pleasing. . . etc.
    a decent player can consider race and not be a 'min/maxer' which is really a pejorative in my vocabulary anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    With all the reps we are grinding at the moment I feel pretty damn good about my Human lock...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Orc overall... but for afflic sac sparkuggz says troll is simming best, i'm not a fan of the 3 min cd though so i'll stay orc.
    Where did he say this?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

passives aside I find female worgen looking very good while rocking warlock gear and its my top choice as an alliance

I don't know if it's intended but we get 1% expertise from wands now so it makes Orc superior until we get staves again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would switch to a tauren warlock in a heart beat!