Page 1 of 3
LastLast

@BLIZZARD: Please ban "infinite" tagging of World Bosses - Not working as intended..

Ok,

So lets say you have 400 people who want to do Sha of Anger for an example. It is possible to have everyone have a "tag" on the world bosses and qualify for loot. Scenario laid out below..

a) RAID A has 40 people and engage boss.
    b) 9 people from raid A leave and form their own group
    c) RAIDS B-J form and each fill with 40 people and hit the boss.

Congratulations, 400 people got loot from one spawn. Working as intended?

If not, easy fix - only allow the initial group of people who tag any world boss quality for loot (snapshot taken on entering combat).

But if its working as intended, gratz, everyone enjoy your loots!
    Last edited by kailoth; 2012-10-05 at 06:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    positive the tag doesn't work outside of group unless this has been changed?
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    positive the tag doesn't work outside of group unless this has been changed?
    If your party tags a mob and a member leaves, then joins another party, he still qualifies for loot, as does his new party, as long as they hit the mob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    If your party tags a mob and a member leaves, then joins another party, he still qualifies for loot, as does his new party, as long as they hit the mob.
    Bug. Ten characters.

Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    Bug. Ten characters.
    Been that way since the dawn of time. It just never really mattered. So there is no official statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've heard, the boss resets if someone tries to join the group mid fight. Not sure on that though.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

Been that way since the dawn of time. It just never really mattered. So there is no official statement.
    It still doesn't matter since the loot is individual anyway.

Remove raid and pvp gear from the damn things and make them give out fun vanity items only, they're so annoying and cause so much aggravation my server.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Make this garbage instanced in the first place instead of pandering to the forum whining about people not "being out in the game world enough"!

Used to do this with world dragons too. Other raids would come (same faction, obviously) and we'd split people off.

Since loot is personal and you can only get loot from him once a week. Why does it matter?

Better option would be to do it a la Guild Wars 2 where anyone who contributes gets credit. God forbid we promote helping other people out.

10+ Year Old Account
    @OP: Post this on Blizzard's forums, they don't come here to read your complaints! :]

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    Make this garbage instanced in the first place instead of pandering to the forum whining about people not "being out in the game world enough"!
    No. Then it's just a raid boss and not a world boss. Dealing with world pvp and griefing during the fight is part of the experience.

Dynamic play is what prevents things from getting stale.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    No. Then it's just a raid boss and not a world boss. Dealing with world pvp and griefing during the fight is part of the experience.

Dynamic play is what prevents things from getting stale.
    But what if you play on a pve realm just to escape pvp just like i do ( i hate it and i dont want anything to do with it) currently horde on my realm have only killed sha of anger once (i wasent there ofc >.>)
    Alliance out number us quite a lot and by the time we have 10 people in a raid group alliance have a full raid group if not more already summoned and ready just a few seconds after the sha of anger spawns.

Its almost impossible for horde on my realm to do any world boss.

Tbh they should just make it so anyone that helps in the fight should get rewarded.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    But what if you play on a pve realm just to escape pvp just like i do ( i hate it and i dont want anything to do with it) currently horde on my realm have only killed sha of anger once
    That's your own problem then, not everybody elses.

why are you posting this here instead of the wow forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    But what if you play on a pve realm just to escape pvp just like i do ( i hate it and i dont want anything to do with it) currently horde on my realm have only killed sha of anger once (i wasent there ofc >.>)
    Alliance out number us quite a lot and by the time we have 10 people in a raid group alliance have a full raid group if not more already summoned and ready just a few seconds after the sha of anger spawns.

Its almost impossible for horde on my realm to do any world boss.

Tbh they should just make it so anyone that helps in the fight should get rewarded.
    Dynamic play. Not everything is fair game. That's what makes it fun. It's an actual world with actual power struggles and unfair situations you have to overcome. It's great.

I think that this boss tagging thing sucks for a lot of people. Example, Kazzak got like 5 x 40 raids if not more (can't see everyone because of phasing out) and they are all fighting for the boss tag all day every day. Some people can't even tag it whole week so it's not really fair.
    I don't see a problem of 400 people getting loot. It's not really a big deal, it's just better than only few people being able to kill the boss every week.
    The only thing we gotta do is go on a low populated realm and kill it there
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how this is a problem honestly, even if it is a bug.