Receiving a refund...

I just submitted a ticket and am wondering what my chances are of getting a full refund at this point? i havent logged on in a couple weeks but i did hit max level so i donno what their policy really is. i know most games have maybe a 30 day refund policy and i did pre purchase the game so i am wondering if anyone else had any experience or success receiving a refund?

L.O.L. ?
    What are you asking for a refund for and I doubt submitting a ticket will get you anywhere either way.

Ticket submissions won't get you to their account and billing department. But should you manage to actually contact someone there, even if there was a 30 day policy, the game's been out for well past that, good luck but I really don't see it happening.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Even if there was a 30 day policy, the game's been out for well past that, good luck but I really don't see it happening.
    ]

the game has been out for 10 days.....

If you bought it from GW2 site, they only provided a refund for you if you pre-purchased it prior to the head start weekend and only offered refunded prior to the head start ending.

I did the same thing, bought it on a whim on the Friday that the headstart began , played to level 19 only to realize the questing was extremely boring and there was no point in actually leveling. I submitted a ticket for a refund but after 5 days they never got back to me so I said f-it and just kept it on the off chance that I would play it if I got bored of WoW again (probably not).

Hell I even bought Tera on release and played it until level 20 or so to find the same thing. Burned 120$ or so between the two, kinda sucks, but there are a lot of other things I could have burned it on and received less entertainment out of anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Indless View Post
    ]

GW2 thread mate ! lol

15+ Year Old Account
    GW2 is a lemon and I want my money back too!

I dont know if it will get you your money back by submitting a ticket.

I look at it as a mistake, I bought it, and didnt like it either but hey, no one twisted my arm to buy it so...lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Indless View Post
    ]

it game out at the end of august, over 40 days ago

yea well the option for a refund is there in the ticket system so i figured i would try. i would even take a partial refund. maybe i will try giving them a call? thanks for all the info anyway guys, hopefully it will workout, but guess like some of you said, lesson learned.

PS. i did pre purchase so maybe that gives me more of a chance at getting something.

So I bought a Civic a few years back and only drove it like ten thousand miles. Anyone know the chances of my getting a refund at this point?

(Good luck, but really at this point it's shameful)

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    I just submitted a ticket and am wondering what my chances are of getting a full refund at this point? i havent logged on in a couple weeks but i did hit max level so i donno what their policy really is. i know most games have maybe a 30 day refund policy and i did pre purchase the game so i am wondering if anyone else had any experience or success receiving a refund?
    You used it you can't return used software if you install and agree to their TOS.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-10-05 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    You used it you can't return used software if you install and agree to their TOS.
    not like i ruined anything, they have no trouble in deleting my account CD key and just generating a new one, nothing shameful in it tbh, it's an MMO and i have gotten refund for Tera before so i don't see why i cannot for this game.

also the car analogy is completely irrelevant

not like i ruined anything, they have no trouble in deleting my account CD key and just generating a new one, nothing shameful in it tbh, it's an MMO and i have gotten refund for Tera before so i don't see why i cannot for this game.

Or perhaps another analogy would be more apropro: I bought a dvd and watched it, can I return it for a refund? Or, I wore these clothes for a year and want to replace them, can I return them? Point is, you paid for a product (and service!), you got the product, you used the product, and now you want your money back? Let me guess, you bought Skyrim, played it, beat the story, and then asked for your money back (and if not Skyrim, insert other game you've bought)? No? Then why would you expect to?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

TOS cannot override your local laws regarding customer protection. You may have to threaten the support, or even go to your local court for the money, but in many cases support will promptly cave on TOS parts that are contravening local law very fast if you actually know the relevant parts. Typically this happens by escalating your call to highest tier support on site after mentioning/quoting exact legislation involved. The high tier support rep will typically profusely apologise for "honest mistake" made by lower tier guys pulling the company line and immediately issue all relevant support orders. While all those masses who didn't know this get "oh well, I guess that's against the TOS" run around and get nothing.

That said, this is simply not the case where such outcome is likely. The user clearly has perused the product extensively, and any argument about returns is going to be hard to justify even under the toughest customer protection laws. In general these are split into two categories, a warranty claim that results in a full refund or a return of an unused merchandise within certain time frame. In this case, product has clearly been used so latter doesn't apply and product isn't faulty enough to claim the former. Hence refund would hinge on goodwill of the company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.

Doesn't matter you agreed to TOS and cancelled all rights to a refund.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey I bought ME3 and didn't like the ending, want a refund, i'm an entitled jerk just 'cause I didn't like it. whatyagonna' do

Doesn't matter you agreed to TOS and cancelled all rights to a refund.
    Understand one simple thing: you cannot sign away certain rights. It is simply not possible. No matter how the contract text looks.

A very well documented example: you cannot sign away your right to not be killed in most countries. No matter how much you want to die, the doctor who will end your life will face charges for killing you.

What parts of Ohio you in? I'm from NE Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by BraiNSlobbeR View Post
    What parts of Ohio you in? I'm from NE Ohio.
    so am i? you gonna come refund my GW2?

10+ Year Old Account
    so am i? you gonna come refund my GW2?
    Yeah he's going to knock at your door handing you 60 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Yeah he's going to knock at your door handing you 60 bucks.
    totes awesome